oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

In denmark there is a lot of talking, about the arguable best manager Kasper Hjulmand leaving his club FC Nordsjælland.

You might know zero about him, but he has a nice style of positive goal scoring football and he has worked incredibly hard and well, to get a lot of youngsters through the academy in to the first team and further on to bigger clubs.

Example of a Hjulmand player is Emiliano Marcondes in Brentford.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emiliano-marcondes/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/232964

What do you say, Stephan?

I don't know. I was all for him when we sacked Monk but I don't think he has the character to succeed in a tough environment. I think he is tad too naive. You can't fault his work with youngster though. Excellent at bringing youth through and playing some good attacking football. He just doesn't strike me as a manager that would be able to command enough respect from higher paid pros. On the other hand he would certainly be a breath of fresh air and a direct opposite of Pulis.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

You might be right ;)

I think he could be the equivalent of Dean Smith, teaching our defensive midfielders, our defensive wingers and our defensive attackers a few tactical and technical attacking tricks, without they forgot about basic defending ;)

Steve Gibson is right to worry about Brexit (as every business is). Haulage companies are right in the firing line. Bulkhaul are going to hugely suffer, at least for a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to go back to cutting costs as a club.

Just think of all that extra money we have to spend on hospitals now though....

Steve Gibson is right to worry about Brexit (as every business is). Haulage companies are right in the firing line. Bulkhaul are going to hugely suffer, at least for a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to go back to cutting costs as a club.

Just think of all that extra money we have to spend on hospitals now though....

Oh no, just when we were all getting along just fine...

Glad it was you that set this thread up BS and not me!!!

What do I want from our manager?? Attractive football. Or at least an attempt to play attractive football....entertaining football. I've said before that I'd rather be entertained and finish mid table with a team sweating blood for the shirt than get promoted playing a turgid brand of football and then hire a few low end mercenaries on a budget to try to finish 17th and line the chairman's pockets.

I also want us to sign players that can play entertaining football. Maddison and powell could have been bought in last year for maybe 7-10 million. That's about George saville I'd guess.

Finally I want the manager not to be called Tony Pulis. I said at the beginning of the season I expected mid table mediocrity (though did have a bet on us going down). I still think we'll be mid table. 9th - 13th.

If this turns out to be the case (and hindsight is a wonderful thing) then we will wonder if we could have bought in a younger manager that would have played an entertaining brand of football that would have got us to a position no worse while actually giving the fans what they pay for.....entertainment. Or if monk would have done any worse.

The next appointment has to be a good one. I fear that fans have now walked away and a generation of fans may well be lost for good.

See Mogga showing himself to be a class act as usual in the gazette today. Oh what he might have achieved with the dosh we have spent of late. We spent £6m+ on macnair and saville and I think he paid £750k for dack

I wish him and TP were in opposite dugouts on Saturday

Whatever happened with Mowbray's teams? Top on new years day and not making the playoffs?

Why did the form drop so badly? Injuries? Or were we just found out?

I do remember having a ridiculous amount of hamstring injuries under TM tenure. May have been something to do with his fitness/training regime maybe

Whatever happened with Mowbray's teams? Top on new years day and not making the playoffs?

Why did the form drop so badly? Injuries? Or were we just found out?

I do remember having a ridiculous amount of hamstring injuries under TM tenure. May have been something to do with his fitness/training regime maybe

Think it was the injuries exposed just how thin the squad was. Mowbray had to cut costs massively and it showed unfortunately.

We were majorly overperfoming also. Mogga was getting 110% out of most of our players (200% out of emnes) before Christmas and we just ended up running out of steam. It was sad but inevitable, if we had got promoted with the side he had it would have been one of the bigger upsets in championship history.

One thing that’s foxed me about managers, is this ‘fight for your place’ idea. To me, this has always seemed at odds with building solidarity, work ethic and togetherness. It’s not hard to see the logic behind it, but I think that the benefit of having players work for their place in the starting line-up is far outweighed by the harm done in terms of loss of confidence and overall team cohesion.

Right now we have five forwards, but in the last four matches the only constant has been Hugill. He has been paired with Braithwaite, Tavernier (twice) and Gestede. None of these pairings have looked like they were about to set the world on fire. Yet back at the start of the season, Assombalonga and Braithwaite actually looked like they had the makings of a good strike partnership. What happened to that?

Compare that with Ranieri who fielded almost the exact same team in Leicester City’s famous steamrollering of the PL two years back. Okay, they did have a certain Jamie Vardy, but I think it shows what can be achieved by selecting your best line-up and sticking with them.

Pulis haopened, Oslo. At the start of the season I just don’t think we played football in a manner that Pulis is comfortable with, hence changing Britt with Hugill and putting Braithwaite out wide or benching him. He wanted us to be a lot more solid by putting on a hard working target man and focus on defending first. The way we came out and just blew Sheffield United away is just not the Pulis style.

Last season Monk managed 23 league games for 35 points Pulis managed 22 league games for 41 points, Bolton loss in between technically wasn't Pulis.

Pulis is 21 games in this season on 35 points with QPR and Reading both away to come so maximum he's 23 games 41 points just like last season.

There's no progress there which is remarkable since there is definitely a chasm in the approaches of Monk and Pulis given my opinion of Monk as a manager those stats are pretty damning of Pulis' tenure with us if Gibson's consistent Pulis should be worried come Christmas Eve.