oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Boro fans quickly turning into Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland fans calling for the head of the manager after a few bad results. - Quite Simply embarrassing!

Please name me a better manager who would be interested in our current team with the likes of Downing, Shotton and Friend, who would do a better job?

Jokanovic.

You're welcome.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Boro fans quickly turning into Leeds, Newcastle and Sunderland fans calling for the head of the manager after a few bad results. - Quite Simply embarrassing!

Please name me a better manager who would be interested in our current team with the likes of Downing, Shotton and Friend, who would do a better job?

3 wins in 10 a few bad results? I think there'd be quite a lot of managers interested in working with the likes of Assombalonga, Ayala, Clayton, Howson, Braithwaite, Fry etc. 

Our squad has some decent players in there.

Its irrelevant who would be interested in spending, shotton and friend. Boro have lost their way and we all need to face up to the fact that we are staying in this division for a while yet. I've been following Boro for 30 years and love football but Boro are crap and the whole thing needs to change

Some didn't want Pulis here in the 1st place, and the manager had the opportunity at the start of the season to ship players out, and its down to him that they're still here.

Bullocks - our recruitment team have let us down for the past 5 transfer windows!

Karanka and Pulis have both openly stated this by saying in press conferences who they wanted and recruitment team couldn't deliver.

Please tell me what clubs would want to sign the likes of Downing, Fletcher, Friend, Shotton and Britt?

He stated he wants to ship players out but he can't because recruitment team could finalise deals for Adomah, Puncheon, Abraham, Knudsen and Bolasie to name a few.

I think the fact that we are comparing Pulis to Monk shows how bad our form is at the moment.

If I thought Gibson could and would go out and get Jokanovic I'd say let's do it. The reality is Pulis is going nowhere at the moment.

If we have a few realistic attacking targets lined up for next month then I think Pulis deserves to bring them in and finish the season.

I think the fact that we are comparing Pulis to Monk shows how bad our form is at the moment.

If I thought Gibson could and would go out and get Jokanovic I'd say let's do it. The reality is Pulis is going nowhere at the moment.

If we have a few realistic attacking targets lined up for next month then I think Pulis deserves to bring them in and finish the season.

On what basis does he 'deserve to bring them in and finish the season'?

I'm too ******* tired of saying Southgate was sacked after x.

I haven't even felt the need to say Monk was sacked after y.

The fact is Pulis is dreadful, and his football is only barely acceptable if the team are winning.

Thye won't finish in the play-off places.

He should do a Strachan and ****-***.

Bullocks -  our recruitment team have let us down for the past 5 transfer windows!

Karanka and Pulis have both openly stated this by saying in press conferences who they wanted and recruitment team couldn't deliver.

Please tell me what clubs would want to sign the likes of Downing, Fletcher, Friend, Shotton and Britt?

He stated he wants to ship players out but he can't because recruitment team could finalise deals for Adomah, Puncheon, Abraham, Knudsen and Bolasie to name a few.

I believe it was Mr Pulis who stated I wish  had 11 Downings, if Pulis tells the Boro players you've mentioned that they aren't wanted and don't figure in his plans then they go, the fact his played them regular and gave one the captains arm band, is the opposite of wanting rid of.

Aye, if we can resign Adomah I'd give Pulis a new 5 year deal and a pay rise.  It'd only be fair  :whistle:

I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that Gibson has made mistakes. I don't think anyone will argue that the recruitment hasn't been great. However, I'd say it's massively unfair to blame them on everything that is happening in the pitch. The guy in charge of the team is the highest paid manager of the club ever. If jokanovic was offered the same amount I'm pretty sure he'd be at very least very tempted. Don't think that pulis is here because he loves the players because he isn't. He's here because we offered him the best deal at his time of unemployment.

The football is awful. The results aren't good enough. The payoff wouldn't be huge if he really is out of contract in the summer.

The manager needs changing before the club loses even more fans that are becoming disenfranchised and finding better things to do with their Saturday afternoons. I've said it before and will say if again, we are in danger of losing a generation if fans, if that hasn't already happened.

On what basis does he 'deserve to bring them in and finish the season'?

Because I don't think he was supported by the club in August in getting his targets, if we had a couple of wingers to add to this team I think the results might be better.

Of course the football is turgid but we didn't bring him here for attractive football.

Looking at the table I don't think our position is 'that' bad considering the players we let go in the summer without bringing any attackers in.

To be honest though I couldn't really give a ***e either way so I'm not gonna sit on here all night arguing about it!

Slaviša Jokanović