oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Would never want us to lose as i’d rather be wrong than us be awful. However, most people who are saying they would rather lose are probably saying so because they think we’d have a better chance of promotion under someone else. - or that they think the future of the club is more important. Generally questioning any fan on the forum about their loyalty is a no-go for me. You might not agree with them but if they are here and they are posting, then they probably care as much as you do.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Would never want us to lose as i’d rather be wrong than us be awful. However, most people who are saying they would rather lose are probably saying so because they think we’d have a better chance of promotion under someone else. - or that they think the future of the club is more important. Generally questioning any fan on the forum about their loyalty is a no-go for me. You might not agree with them but if they are here and they are posting, then they probably care as much as you do.

doesn't mean you can't call a *** a *** when you see one. Anyone saying this need to have a long look in the mirror, then at the league table, then think about the bigger picture rather than just their small reactionary mind, then look back in the mirror and call themselves a ***.

No matter what the result of today or league position this is still a pretty relevant discussion as pulis’ contract is up in may and I can’t see him wanting a new one no matter what league we’re in.

So we’ll be needing a new manager one way or the other.

No matter what the result of today or league position this is still a pretty relevant discussion as pulis’ contract is up in may and I can’t see him wanting a new one no matter what league we’re in.

Well he keeps talking about putting long term infrastructure changes in place so you'd have to assume he plans on sticking around til after May

Well he keeps talking about putting long term infrastructure changes in place so you'd have to assume he plans on sticking around til after May

He’s talking about that because that was a big part of his job, he lives in a hotel and spends plenty of time down south.

Hes not staying

He’s talking about that because that was a big part of his job, he lives in a hotel and spends plenty of time down south.

Hes not staying

The length of his contract was never disclosed. He's not leaving by June unless he's been sacked, I'm certain of that.

So... All this long term infrastructure crap. Is this to do with a long term plan on prepping the ground for woodgate to take over?

As has been said if he's not living near. He's no longer term plans for here. So what's he planning for? Is there more of a long game in mind?

Maybe we need to fast rack this and just have pulis shadowing plan b for half a season :)

The length of his contract was never disclosed. He's not leaving by June unless he's been sacked, I'm certain of that.

I sincerely hope that you're wrong about that or there will be a few season tickets not being renewed I'm sad to say.

I sincerely hope that you're wrong about that or there will be a few season tickets not being renewed I'm sad to say.

Mine won’t be

A few??????!!!!!

Anyone see what changing a manager to a guy that the players respect, and a guy that wants to win first rather than not lose first can do at man Utd yesterday? The stay away fans will be flocking back there.

I've no doubt about that either, as I've said, it's become increasingly clear where Teesside stands on Pulis, nobody can doubt that. I don't think the drop-off would be as huge if we were to get promoted, though. Some way to go for that to happen, including a very positive January window, something I don't think any Boro fan will be confident of right now.

A few??????!!!!!

Anyone see what changing a manager to a guy that the players respect, and a guy that wants to win first rather than not lose first can do at man Utd yesterday? The stay away fans will be flocking back there.

Whilst there are similarities to Pulis and Mourinho, I think the problem is much more the fans here than the players. There are one or two who obviously would prefer another manager (Britt, Braithwaite) but by and large I think he has the respect of the dressing room. I think even Britt has tried to get behind what Pulis wants him to do even if he knows he'd be personally better off somewhere else. And on top of that, you have one or two players (Adama and Tav in particular) who seem to have improved a great deal under Pulis. We got someone to pay top dollar for Adama which never would have happened before-hand, and Tav whilst not playing enough has come on leaps and bounds as a player since last year, when he was only really in the team because Monk decided last minute that he needed a left-winger for a 4-2-3-1 and had already blown his load on tons of strikers. Johnson came in, had one good game, proceeded to be rubbish and Tav got his chance. He wasn't a huge improvement on Johnson at the time, though.

On the flip-side, I think Mourinho probably had more respect from the fans than Pulis has ever had here. Certainly now, I don't think it's an even split of fans who like and don't like Pulis, I think there's a pretty heavy majority who don't like him, the balance is so heavily shifted that there are a small section of fans who would prefer us to lose just to be rid of him (which I find pathetic but whatever).

Would people on here be willing to give Pulis until the end of the season, if say for instance, he were instrumental in bringing Adama back?

Totally hypothetical, of course...

i think maybe half (if not more) of those wanting him out would be a lot more sated if Gibson or even Pulis himself  clarified that hes here till the end of the season but then will step down  . i myself am ok with that scenario but it does  cast a doubt over letting him wheel and deal in january 6 month loans ,be it adama or whoever seems the most sensiblle way to see this season out .

Would people on here be willing to give Pulis until the end of the season, if say for instance, he were instrumental in bringing Adama back?

Totally hypothetical, of course...

Definitely not. I would give him a 12 month extension now and back him in the January window so he has the players that can execute his game plan.