oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

No matter what the result of today or league position this is still a pretty relevant discussion as pulis’ contract is up in may and I can’t see him wanting a new one no matter what league we’re in.

So we’ll be needing a new manager one way or the other.

Well he keeps talking about putting long term infrastructure changes in place so you'd have to assume he plans on sticking around til after May

He’s talking about that because that was a big part of his job, he lives in a hotel and spends plenty of time down south.

Hes not staying

The length of his contract was never disclosed. He's not leaving by June unless he's been sacked, I'm certain of that.

I’m sure he got an 18 month contract, almost certain of it

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

No matter what the result of today or league position this is still a pretty relevant discussion as pulis’ contract is up in may and I can’t see him wanting a new one no matter what league we’re in.

So we’ll be needing a new manager one way or the other.

Well he keeps talking about putting long term infrastructure changes in place so you'd have to assume he plans on sticking around til after May

He’s talking about that because that was a big part of his job, he lives in a hotel and spends plenty of time down south.

Hes not staying

The length of his contract was never disclosed. He's not leaving by June unless he's been sacked, I'm certain of that.

I’m sure he got an 18 month contract, almost certain of it

Many people were. But someone on here pointed out months ago now that the length of his contract was never actually publicised. Go and look it up. I did at the time and did again last night. Even the Gazette never seemed to know but there wasn't much the Gazette did know at the time.

I'll be absolutely blown away if TP's contract is up in May and we haven't heard anything about it. I know the club can be slack at times but they're surely not THAT bad!

It's like you said, he speaks about things far beyond this season. 18 months is not enough to do what he feels he needs to do. He's talking about needing to sort the recruitment out which sounds like he hasn't had much chance to get into yet what with everything else. Never mind the fact he's said he wants to manage us in the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/24/tony-pulis-middlesbrough-manager

'3 year deal' but really it's 18 months with a year option because they're counting 17/18 season as 1 year.

That's why all summer there was murmurings about Pulis maybe not staying on if we go up since I presume that year option is a mutual clause where both parties have to agree. This long term overhaul BS popped up in the summer as well he said he was going to change the way we identify transfer targets and change the system we had in place before I'm so old I remember when we hired Victor Orta to compete with Southampton and European moneyball teams for quality players at a good price in the end we got Victor Fischer, Negredo, Valdes and Bernardo Espinosa colour me sceptical that another supposed 'overhaul' is going to improve our transfer dealings.

I'll be absolutely blown away if TP's contract is up in May and we haven't heard anything about it. I know the club can be slack at times but they're surely not THAT bad!

It's like you said, he speaks about things far beyond this season. 18 months is not enough to do what he feels he needs to do. He's talking about needing to sort the recruitment out which sounds like he hasn't had much chance to get into yet what with everything else. Never mind the fact he's said he wants to manage us in the Premier League.

If Pulis wants to manage us in the PL he's going to have to sign a long term contract, because I don't see it happening next season.

When he first arrived I am sure (please advise me if I am wrong) that he stated he was asked by SG to look at the club from top to bottom every aspect of the running of MFC with the view of getting the club into the PL.

This would indicate that the time frame was more than 18 months as others have alluded to.

He seems very positive with regards to the window and what is needed in his words to "power on".

To be honest be you pro or anti Pulis we simply have to wait and see what happens movement wise in and out of the club and all of us hope that it works out.

It can get better certainly though I am hedging my bets that both Norwich and Leeds have enough in them to keep their relative positions

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/24/tony-pulis-middlesbrough-manager

'3 year deal' but really it's 18 months with a year option because they're counting 17/18 season as 1 year.

It's hardly a concrete source, though. Even the Gazette said he'd looked to sign without discussing the finer details of his contract, it seems like the length was a bit of a grey area so the club chose not to publish it. Either way, I think it would be a bit naive to expect Pulis to be gone beyond this season if he isn't sacked.

I mean I don't think there's some mystery going on here he's done it at every club he takes short term contracts with options mainly for his own benefit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3881648/Tony-Pulis-signs-new-one-year-deal-West-Brom-extending-stay-Hawthorns-2018.html

It's what he does he takes things 1 season at a time funny thing about that article is an awful lot of quotes sound awfully familiar about him wanting to overhaul transfer policy. It's in both parties interest he's on 7 figures probably with a 7 figure bonus on promotion if you're Gibson you don't want to tie yourself to paying off 3 years worth of contract if it goes wrong and Pulis hates the sack he'd prefer short term contracts as a get out if things go wrong.

I mean I don't think there's some mystery going on here he's done it at every club he takes short term contracts with options mainly for his own benefit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3881648/Tony-Pulis-signs-new-one-year-deal-West-Brom-extending-stay-Hawthorns-2018.html

It's what he does he takes things 1 season at a time funny thing about that article is an awful lot of quotes sound awfully familiar about him wanting to overhaul transfer policy. It's in both parties interest he's on 7 figures probably with a 7 figure bonus on promotion if you're Gibson you don't want to tie yourself to paying off 3 years worth of contract if it goes wrong and Pulis hates the sack he'd prefer short term contracts as a get out if things go wrong.

The short term contract sounds the sensible option for the club, the Gary Monk contract will have cost us a few bob.

Off Twitter

“@MichaelJBaum Leeds and Norwich just scored more combined goals in stoppage time in their games TODAY than we have in our last FULL 6 games (15 or so minutes vs 550+ minutes) @boroform”

He needs to go.