oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Despicable thread. We have lost 3 in 24 and the manager is being called into question? Shame on you

But only a return of 1.6 points per game is well below a promotional target. Games 10 wins from 24 and the football is dire and 300000 fans let SG and Pulis know they won’t pay for dross. However I do admire your support and dedication.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I just think there's a lot more to it behind the scenes than Pulis simply just making daft decisions.

We did start brilliantly - mainly down to Braithewaite, but then he came back from the first international break and didn't seem interested any more.

Also, with regards to Bamford, I'm pretty sure given Pulis' immediate reaction to how the transfer window ended that he sanctioned the Bamford sale fully expecting the club being able to bring in the players to replace him.

Maybe he is being overly defensive of late, but we're also naturally running out of steam with the limited options we have in the squad - and Shotton being injured has been massive cos he helped paper over the cracks of not having a winger on the right.

I'm optimistic that TP is experienced enough to be able to sort things out in Jan, the fact he's seemingly lining up this Dutch lad to sign in advance of the window opening is huge shift in what we'd normally do.

Despicable thread. We have lost 3 in 24 and the manager is being called into question? Shame on you

But only a return of 1.6 points per game is well below a promotional target. Games 10 wins from 24 and the football is dire and 300000 fans let SG and Pulis know they won’t pay for dross. However I do admire your support and dedication.

That quote is from 4 weeks ago. I did not anticipate 3 more defeats in December. However I am still fully behind the manager and our latest signing does show that he knows what is needed to turn things around.

Also given that Watford refused to pay him a lot of money after promotion (to the point they'd rather re-hire someone for the top division), I'm willing to bet he'll be expensive. I know Forest seem keen to spend at the moment but I don't see us wanting to blow our load on a manager.

How much do you think Pulis is on like?

I'd put my life savings on Pulis being paid more at us than Jokanovic was at Fulham.

You forget we have to pay off Pulis as well as whatever the new manager asks for. I didn't say we weren't paying Pulis a fair bit but we're locked in with that unless be breaks some contractual reason to sack him without severance. Do you think we can afford to keep doing that if the next manager is bad too?

I still can't quite fathom where all this hatred of Pulis has stemmed from, cos the reason we're playing bad is for legitimate and explainable reasons. We failed on all fronts to sign any wingers or attacking players in the summer. Sold Adama and Bamford and didn't replace them - not for the want of trying. I'm pretty sure if you look back, Pulis was fuming about the club's failure to secure any of the players he wanted.

So it's not like TP is presenting this current football as his dream scenario - it's a means to an end to get us to Jan when we can hopefully address the woefully lop-sided squad we have. And tbh, to be grinding games out like we are and to still be in 5th.. if anything, he's done a pretty good job to get us there.

Pulis wants his wingers or attacking players cause he can recreate his successful blueprint from his West Brom team.

watch it then tell me you will be excited when he builds that at boro, its not like West Brom are competing for europe under that system once it turned stale and he left...Even the best case scenario is halfbaked and undercooked.

Also given that Watford refused to pay him a lot of money after promotion (to the point they'd rather re-hire someone for the top division), I'm willing to bet he'll be expensive. I know Forest seem keen to spend at the moment but I don't see us wanting to blow our load on a manager.

Isn't this what we are doing Now? The most quoted line recently is "Boro's highest ever paid manager"

Refer you to my last response, Tudz.

So we don't sign a 50k per week player and get in a manager for that wage instead.

I'd prefer a guy that can motivate and guide the whole team than let's say Jason puncheon

I still can't quite fathom where all this hatred of Pulis has stemmed from, cos the reason we're playing bad is for legitimate and explainable reasons. We failed on all fronts to sign any wingers or attacking players in the summer. Sold Adama and Bamford and didn't replace them - not for the want of trying. I'm pretty sure if you look back, Pulis was fuming about the club's failure to secure any of the players he wanted.

So it's not like TP is presenting this current football as his dream scenario - it's a means to an end to get us to Jan when we can hopefully address the woefully lop-sided squad we have. And tbh, to be grinding games out like we are and to still be in 5th.. if anything, he's done a pretty good job to get us there.

Pulis wants his wingers or attacking players cause he can recreate his successful blueprint from his West Brom team.

watch it then tell me you will be excited when he builds that at boro, its not like West Brom are competing for europe under that system once it turned stale and he left...Even the best case scenario is halfbaked and undercooked.

wasn't his undoing at West Brom mainly to do with the fact he had loads of injuries to key players at the start of the season, so they were going through a rough patch - fans kicked off, the board buckled, the new manager took them down. They weren't in the relegation zone at this point when they binned him. Getting a new manager isn't always straight-forward and right now, despite everyone's devastation, we've spent the majority of the season in the top 2 and are currently in fifth.... sooo not exactly that bad.

I'm not saying Pulis is perfect, but he's certainly not the anti-christ he's being made out to be be some people. We 100% don't have a squad capable of playing samba football, so even bringing Bielsa in tomorrow would still probably require a couple of transfer windows to turn it round. I kinda feel Pulis is still the quickest way to get promotion, regain stability in the Prem and only then look to try and rekindle the samba magic.

30k at the last game and most booed the team (manager) at the end. What’s Gibson going to feel like if less than 20k turn up for the Ipswich game? Do anyone know how many tickets have been sold? I can’t imagine that many.

wasn't his undoing at West Brom mainly to do with the fact he had loads of injuries to key players at the start of the season, so they were going through a rough patch - fans kicked off, the board buckled, the new manager took them down. They weren't in the relegation zone at this point when they binned him. Getting a new manager isn't always straight-forward and right now, despite everyone's devastation, we've spent the majority of the season in the top 2 and are currently in fifth.... sooo not exactly that bad.

I'm not saying Pulis is perfect, but he's certainly not the anti-christ he's being made out to be be some people. We 100% don't have a squad capable of playing samba football, so even bringing Bielsa in tomorrow would still probably require a couple of transfer windows to turn it round. I kinda feel Pulis is still the quickest way to get promotion, regain stability in the Prem and only then look to try and rekindle the samba magic.

Don't want to get into an argument because frankly I've stopped being bothered.......but you sound a lot like the guy. Excuse...Excuse...excuse....anyone's fault but his. Let's face it, it's all the kids' fault.