oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

so you're actively looking forward to the club not getting promoted, just so you can win a disagreement on this here internet forum? interesting!

Tongue in cheek. Hence the haha. Jesus.

In fairness I'd rather us not be promoted and move on from pulis than be promoted, keep the guy and aim for 40 points with the same arguments happening next year.

I want entertaining. I don't want the dog dirt being served up

What if it was survival in the PL a season or two .. Then slowly building a strong mid table PL squad .. with the odd great season like Leicester?

If you can give me that in advance then bring on promotion. However, pulis has never been involved in a title bid. He's never been involved in any top teams thoughts when replacing a manager.

It appears the only way to get rid is to not be promoted. So yeah, a non promotion season does me if that's the necessity

He didenst say it was gonna be Pulis giving as a Leicester season. He said that might come with the  money we would get with Pulis making us stay in PL for 2+ seasons. Then we will change manager ad rebuild with the PL money ;)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

A place to discuss our boss, whoever they are or whoever you want them to be..

"Whoever I want them to be" is a man who will not blame his shortcomings on a younger member of the squad. Just thought I'd say this before a cup game in which he could very possibly play the youngest ever Boro player (because let's face it, if he is willing to "not blame the players" and seconds later moan about the youngest player on the pitch in a league game then he could very possibly out a 15/16 year old and set his confidence back years)

When has he blamed he’s short comings on the younger members of the squad?

A place to discuss our boss, whoever they are or whoever you want them to be..

"Whoever I want them to be" is a man who will not blame his shortcomings on a younger member of the squad. Just thought I'd say this before a cup game in which he could very possibly play the youngest ever Boro player (because let's face it, if he is willing to "not blame the players" and seconds later moan about the youngest player on the pitch in a league game then he could very possibly out a 15/16 year old and set his confidence back years)

When has he blamed he’s short comings on the younger members of the squad?

He would never ever say he has short comings. However, pretty much every time we don't get a result he blames the players (because nothing is ever his fault), and the younger ones tend to be his main targets.

I’m struggling to find when he blamed the young players for a bad result. So which ones did he do it after because I’d like to rewatch the press conference.

He absolutely slated Dael Fry after the SW game

He said: “We started bright enough for the first ten minutes, we got into some great positions. Then they get the goals with their first shot on target, Dael Fry got caught a bit, he ran inside Dael and got the goal.

That’s all I can find of pulis mentioning fry and I wouldn’t describe that has slating him.

He absolutely slated Dael Fry after the SW game

He said: “We started bright enough for the first ten minutes, we got into some great positions. Then they get the goals with their first shot on target, Dael Fry got caught a bit, he ran inside Dael and got the goal.

That’s all I can find of pulis mentioning fry and I wouldn’t describe that has slating him.

Poor Dael, I hope he can come back from such a dressing down.

#PrayforDael

• 2 weeks later...

Despite my well stated reservations over the man , it is clear to all that Tony Pulis is here until the end of the season at the very least and I am therefore resigned to this fate and propose a ceasefire in hostilities until then.

Who knows ..he may prove us all wrong

Hate his football but like you I know he will be here at least until the season ends. I'll hapilly join your ceasefire, although I know I will get frustrated with the man from here until May. Just hope he finishes the job with promotion.

It'll be a win-win for me, with the fan-base divided like it is if we get promotion then that's obviously great. But if we don't get promoted its a chance to consolidate with a new manager, hopefully implement some better looking football with some of our younger players and look to challenge again next season.

I agree with Boro 86.

Everyone is free to post what they want but I don't think Pulis is going anywhere before the end of the season.

Until then I think it's just a waste of energy to talk about sacking him.

It'll be a win-win for me, with the fan-base divided like it is if we get promotion then that's obviously great. But if we don't get promoted its a chance to consolidate with a new manager, hopefully implement some better looking football with some of our younger players and look to challenge again next season.

I think this is pretty much how I feel. I don't particularly like having him as our manager, but I don't have the energy to complain about him, because he's here til May regardless, and he's only doing what he's had success with in the past. It's not going to change now, so I'm on board with it for as long as I have to be.

I think that the problem is there are those who refuse to criticise him even when he messes up, but there are many (on here definitely) who find it really hard to give him any kind of praise when he does well.

On Saturday, we should have been 3-0 up at least at half time. I think even the Birmingham fans would agree with that. Pulis really couldn't have done anything more - we played well and he couldn't physically finish those chance himself. Yet as soon as it was 1-1, the knives were out for him from the usual suspects. Obviously the criticism was that we were trying to weather the storm by booting it up to Hugill, which wasn't working, but in fairness to Pulis, he had tried to address that by bringing Britt & Downing on before they scored.

If it had finished 1-1 he'd have copped all the flak, yet he doesn't seem to get any praise when we win.

Again, I say this as someone who is not a Pulis fan, I just think credit should be paid when it's due.

I don't think it particularly is all that divided tbh, most people are pretty realistic - I've never experienced anything like the pure vitriolic hate some people on this forum have for Pulis tbh.. especially given he's basically doing a solidly acceptable job.

tbh, I think it'll be a complete waste of time if he does end up going in the summer - and assuming we narrowly miss out in the playoffs, it would actually be a bit of a disaster having to start from scratch with an entirely new manager next season. What would we have we been building towards? I was under the impression that Gibson was viewing the Pulis appointment as part of a bigger vision for restructuring the club.. where would it leave us with him just walking away in the summer. That would mean this season is wasted and most likely next season while the new manager beds in.. who'd probably end up sacked after a season or two and we'll just rinse and repeat.

If it is actually is the case that Pulis only had an 18mth contract, then I think I've probably lost all faith that Gibson actually has a plan or knows what he's doing with the club tbh. At the end of the day, whether you agree or disagree with Gibson that Pulis is the right man, it'd be good to know that the man who owns the club has a clear vision that he's trying to see through and not just flying by the seat of his pants.