oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I know it'll never happen but if it was down to me I'd get rid now.

I'm happy to write the season off if it means we get the right man in for next season.

The season tickets will go on sale again in about 8 weeks and I think when they see how many fans aren't bothering for next season that'll be the end for Pulis.

I've got no intention of buying a season ticket to watch this type of football anymore, I'm on the verge of jacking it in this season.

Keeping him isn't writing the season  off...? We scraped what was it, 2 wins, 1, in December during an easy run of fixtures?

His few remaining supporters will get a shock when we play the likes of WBA and Leeds in the next few weeks, considering we cannot even keep clean sheets against bottom half sides anymore despite setting up more negatively than ever.

The season is over for me but I  think in Gibson's head he'll be clinging on to the hope that we scrape into the playoffs and go up that way.

I would sack him now and try and sell half a dozen players to balance the books. That would give a new manager a better starting point in the summer.

and what a fool he is, given our current league position....  :eggplant:

I think we are mistaking the Accountant's Hopeful Positive Balance Sheet for Football. 

we either treat Boro as a Football Club or Boro as a cold profit/loss making business. I know which one I fell in love with.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I know it'll never happen but if it was down to me I'd get rid now.

I'm happy to write the season off if it means we get the right man in for next season.

The season tickets will go on sale again in about 8 weeks and I think when they see how many fans aren't bothering for next season that'll be the end for Pulis.

I've got no intention of buying a season ticket to watch this type of football anymore, I'm on the verge of jacking it in this season.

Keeping him isn't writing the season  off...? We scraped what was it, 2 wins, 1, in December during an easy run of fixtures?

His few remaining supporters will get a shock when we play the likes of WBA and Leeds in the next few weeks, considering we cannot even keep clean sheets against bottom half sides anymore despite setting up more negatively than ever.

The season is over for me but I  think in Gibson's head he'll be clinging on to the hope that we scrape into the playoffs and go up that way.

I would sack him now and try and sell half a dozen players to balance the books. That would give a new manager a better starting point in the summer.

and what a fool he is, given our current league position....  :eggplant:

I think we are mistaking the Accountant's Hopeful Positive Balance Sheet for Football. 

we either treat Boro as a Football Club or Boro as a cold profit/loss making business. I know which one I fell in love with.

yeah, I find it kinda worrying that TP is constantly mentioning the great profits we've made in the last few transfer windows. I get the impression there are massive money issues behind the scenes that the club are trying to dust under the carpet.

Also, it's not like we did anything particularly masterful to generate cash, just simply sold some of our best players and didn't replace them..!

I actually quite like the fella, but I had a bad feeling when Gibson was stalking the guy like an obsessed fan while Pulis was warming his Turkey in the oven that Gibson was not thinking it through again.

Promising that the guy could be involved in every aspect of running the club yet only on an 18 month contact?? Lets take a step back there.

Having shelled out multi millions on strikers then fired the bloke who signed them,so far so erratic.

Yet no objective thinking on whether this was the right guy to get the best out of the multi million long term investments(you would expect) newly bedding in ? No analysis that the Pulis blueprint is at least a foot taller than your new 15 million main man for that exact position? Looks like it to me.

The problem with Pulis is he was probably the right man for the next phase - keeping a side in the `Premier League.

But the big problem, the factor nobody seems to have considered is just that.

The guy has been fire fighting for years. He has operated with a 'bunker mentality' where coming up against superior players to his, week after week, has left him with a one track thought process as first nature - don't take risks,don't get beat,be organised,fight,nick a goal.

He has failed to adapt to the scenario of being the guy on the other foot. The guy who's squad is filled with expensive signings,options up front,players with the capacity to come out and attack the opposition. He comes up against teams who are scared of players on his bench (often quoted by opposition managers) yet starts the game adopting the tactics of the underdog, every game bar none.

So I like him, but for me it's a decent manager brought in for the wrong job. Gibson's judgement suspect.       This was taken off FMTTM and think it hits the nail on the head.

I actually quite like the fella, but I had a bad feeling when Gibson was stalking the guy like an obsessed fan while Pulis was warming his Turkey in the oven that Gibson was not thinking it through again.

Promising that the guy could be involved in every aspect of running the club yet only on an 18 month contact?? Lets take a step back there.

Having shelled out multi millions on strikers then fired the bloke who signed them,so far so erratic.

Yet no objective thinking on whether this was the right guy to get the best out of the multi million long term investments(you would expect) newly bedding in ? No analysis that the Pulis blueprint is at least a foot taller than your new 15 million main man for that exact position? Looks like it to me.

The problem with Pulis is he was probably the right man for the next phase - keeping a side in the `Premier League.

But the big problem, the factor nobody seems to have considered is just that.

The guy has been fire fighting for years. He has operated with a 'bunker mentality' where coming up against superior players to his, week after week, has left him with a one track thought process as first nature - don't take risks,don't get beat,be organised,fight,nick a goal.

He has failed to adapt to the scenario of being the guy on the other foot. The guy who's squad is filled with expensive signings,options up front,players with the capacity to come out and attack the opposition. He comes up against teams who are scared of players on his bench (often quoted by opposition managers) yet starts the game adopting the tactics of the underdog, every game bar none.

So I like him, but for me it's a decent manager brought in for the wrong job. Gibson's judgement suspect.       This was taken off FMTTM and think it hits the nail on the head.

That is spot on

Lets face it the only fans still backing Pulis are the Premier league football fans - if anyone can be be labelled fickle or flaky it's them, the upset people are the ones who support Boro through thick and thin and just want a team to cheer for and worth their loyal undying support regardless of what division we are in.

Lets face it the only fans still backing Pulis are the Premier league football fans - if anyone can be be labelled fickle or flaky it's them, the upset people are the ones who support Boro through thick and thin and just want a team to cheer for and worth their loyal undying support regardless of what division we are in.

Even the 'Premier League at any cost' brigade might reconsider if we drop out the play off places.

Even the 'Premier League at any cost' brigade might reconsider if we drop out the play off places.

I doubt it, they see a different game to the majority, look at yesterday against Millwall awful performance in my opinion, or if your in the in Pulis we trust brigade, contained mighty Millwall and managed to limit them to one goal and earned a penalty, easy to see what you want to see.

I doubt it, they see a different game to the majority, look at yesterday against Millwall awful performance in my opinion, or if your in the in Pulis we trust brigade, contained mighty Millwall and managed to limit them to one goal and earned a penalty, easy to see what you want to see.

He even has the "in pulis we truct" clan blaming the younger players so he doesn't have to!!!

That’s a clever statement. The only people who back the manager of a championship team are premier league football fans. Classic

Pulis

He even has the "in pulis we truct" clan blaming the younger players so he doesn't have to!!!

Pulis is like the Welsh Mourinho when it comes to interviews, its the players fault for poor performances not the Pulis tactics and set up, Teflon Tony.

That’s a clever statement. The only people who back the manager of a championship team are premier league football fans. Classic

I have to admit, Randy, you've lost me on this one as well mate  :)