• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I'd love us to try something like Derby have with Frank Lampard. I'd love to see an ex player with fire in their belly who brings passion and commitment. I don't mind a slow build project, I just want to feel as though our team is working towards something and that we're all in it together.

That was the idea with Monk, young manager and recently retired. Although we weren't his first job of course

We didn't even bother talking to Downing about his playing contract, he could even leave this month, yet some seem to think he's about to become our next manager.. I don't get the logic, it makes no sense.

I don’t think one person thinks that? It was merely suggested as a woody/downing duo when people were talking about hiring former players as manager. I don’t think a single person even remotely thinks it’s a possibility.

I would be reluctant to give Woodgate the job, just couldn't see him wanting to bring in a decent No 2 more like Fleming and Downing and that would be jobs for the boys.

Lee Johnson young manager doing a decent job at Bristol City after losing some of his best players pre season got them coming good again Did really well last season.

We didn't even bother talking to Downing about his playing contract, he could even leave this month, yet some seem to think he's about to become our next manager.. I don't get the logic, it makes no sense.

I don’t think one person thinks that? It was merely suggested as a woody/downing duo when people were talking about hiring former players as manager. I don’t think a single person even remotely thinks it’s a possibility.

I won’t be happy unti I see Stewy in a shirt/tie/blazer & football shorts/boots combo.

Cmon Gibbo make this happen :D

I won’t be happy unti I see Stewy in a shirt/tie/blazer & football shorts/boots combo.

Cmon Gibbo make this happen :D

Yes no shock if Gibbo and his entourage did make it happen, rather than bring someone in who might rock the boat and upset the little family.

Player manager  :fist:

Player manager  :fist:

worked witth Bryan Robson ;)

I'd absolutely hate us appointing someone like Woodgate or Downing as manager. I'd fear that it would just surround Steve Gibson with more yes men and would get us drifting more into the wrong direction.

I'd much rather we went after a high calibre number two from a top club, akin to Karanka. We need a high quality coach who believes in some of the absolute basics for fans like playing a far better brand of football, fullbacks getting forward and having a settled system that we're gradually building a team towards.

Woodgate might be a good coach and he was a talented player (even if he *** his career up the wall), but neither of these things mean he's gonna be a good manager.

He has no track record of managing a team, no experience of dealing in the transfer market etc. It's a complete stab in the dark about whether he'll be good enough. Some of the positive things I hear about him were the same things I heard people saying about Agnew.

When Pulis goes we're going to have the widest divide we've ever had a***st our fanbase and a huge drop in season ticket sales. We need a replacement with a bit of charisma and someone who can get the fans excited again. Woodgate doesn't strike me as being that type of person and I still think if he was born in London or Manchester he wouldn't even be at the club now.

Being a local lad means absolutely nothing to me, some of our best players and managers have had no connection to the town before coming here. I don't think Woodgate is a particularly popular person on Teesside either, this is hardly Mowbray we're talking about.

No one has actually said he is their number one choice. Though it would be strange for a person to suggest we should go for a recently retired top pro and not include him in the mix.

I'm all for a Carrick, Neville or butt type but I have to include Woodgate in that. Player ability wise he was right up there with them imo. You rarely get a move to real Madrid for being average.

And as previously stated, all appointments of this ilk are risks. But we'd be taking no more of a risk than derby or rangers have with their two "superstar" managers.

However, I do understand people preferring a manager who has form for getting teams promoted. I'd happily take a jokanovic or Wagner. Just not a Bruce or Sam or pardew.

I know no one has suggested him as their choice, I just think it would be a mistake but it's probably the type of direction Gibson will go in unfortunately.

Woodgate might be a good coach and he was a talented player (even if he *** his career up the wall), but neither of these things mean he's gonna be a good manager.

He has no track record of managing a team, no experience of dealing in the transfer market etc. It's a complete stab in the dark about whether he'll be good enough. Some of the positive things I hear about him were the same things I heard people saying about Agnew.

When Pulis goes we're going to have the widest divide we've ever had a***st our fanbase and a huge drop in season ticket sales. We need a replacement with a bit of charisma and someone who can get the fans excited again. Woodgate doesn't strike me as being that type of person and I still think if he was born in London or Manchester he wouldn't even be at the club now.

Being a local lad means absolutely nothing to me, some of our best players and managers have had no connection to the town before coming here. I don't think Woodgate is a particularly popular person on Teesside either, this is hardly Mowbray we're talking about.

No one has actually said he is their number one choice. Though it would be strange for a person to suggest we should go for a recently retired top pro and not include him in the mix.

I'm all for a Carrick, Neville or butt type but I have to include Woodgate in that. Player ability wise he was right up there with them imo. You rarely get a move to real Madrid for being average.

And as previously stated, all appointments of this ilk are risks. But we'd be taking no more of a risk than derby or rangers have with their two "superstar" managers.

However, I do understand people preferring a manager who has form for getting teams promoted. I'd happily take a jokanovic or Wagner. Just not a Bruce or Sam or pardew.

I know no one has suggested him as their choice, I just think it would be a mistake but it's probably the type of direction Gibson will go in unfortunately.

You could be right. Also because it’s probably the cheapest option. Let’s just throw a players wages after a decent manager.

It’s not hard to read between the lines to know many are not content with Pulis and want change. To suggest woodgate orDowning frankly suggests despair and constant change promotes instability and money and not good for any club. As a club we lost direction years ago and instead of gradually improving we are now grasping to find stability and keep a fan base. I’m not promoting Pulis because I think his tactics are poor and I know longer crave to search and find out how we are doing regardless where I am. I don’t think change now will help things, in fact it might just be the opposite. I suggest we stay as we are unless it comes a time promotion is lost however I don’t belive he should be incharge next season regardless.

What type of manager would people like to see in? Other than the obvious 'one that lets us play football'.

I don't think it matters.  Gibson is going to give the Head Coach job to Woodgate when Pulis moves up to become DoF.  Downing will end up on the staff in some form as his contract will be renegotiated to include it.

For all of Pulis' shortcomings Tudders, the players he's signed or we have tried to sign aren't too bad really. We tried for Mitrovic, Bolasie and Abraham, all of which most people were happy with.

Mcqueen and Batth are/were 2 decent loan additions to cover injuries. We tried for Wallace and he ripped us apart the other week. Flint was a solid signing, Besic was a good signing last season but seems to have dropped off recently. Mikel will be a good signing as he is streets ahead of our other midfielders. We will have to wait and see with VLP.

The only highly questionable ones are Mcnair and Saville really, purely because of the price we paid, but we don't know how much the players are on weekly, we might have paid slightly more upfront for players who have lower weekly wage demands. If we paid 5m for Saville on 20k a week its exactly the same output as 7m on 10k a week on a 4 year deal, but the latter sounds far worse.

This isn't me being in the Pulis camp either because we have been chronic recently, but his player identification doesn't look too bad really with regards to transfers.