oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Shock of the season, the money grubbing liar issues an ultimatum then back tracks when he doesn’t get what he wants so he can pick up his pay off. If the man had any integrity then he’d go. Says everything about the bloke.

I don't really believe that there was a genuine ultimatum. Maybe some strong words about what he wanted but I seriously doubt he put his job/money on the line with an ultimatum. That would just be foolish of him and he is clever enough to not do that.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Is Sheffield United's squad better than ours, man for man? Is Norwich's? What about Bristol City and Blackburn who are right behind us? Not only are these teams matching us or outcompeting us, but they're entertaining their fans and playing good football at the same time.

Yes recruitment has been bad and yes we need to cut costs... but there are two separate problems at play here.

The biggest and most painful problem is we have someone who is completely out of their depth when it comes to managing a team that needs to score and win at home, not draw 0-0 to scrape survival. Staggers me how anyone can buy into his bull***... just trying to draw fire away from his own back til he can leave with a pay packet.

It's going to be a rough few months everyone, but we will soon see the back of Pulis.

It will be all over in May, when we can look forward to a new manager being installed and HOPEFULLY a change in direction by the club.

Personally I'd like to see Hignett and Cooper manage us for the rest of the season.

When Higgy was here under Karanka, we scored a lot more goals.

Plus it would just be fun.

I'd rather we'd enjoy the next few months and miss out on the play-offs, than creep into them and lose both legs of the semi-final with zero shots on target and zero goals.

UTB.

It's going to be a rough few months everyone, but we will soon see the back of Pulis.

It will be all over in May, when we can look forward to a new manager being installed and HOPEFULLY a change in direction by the club.

Personally I'd like to see Hignett and Cooper manage us for the rest of the season.

When Higgy was here under Karanka, we scored a lot more goals.

Plus it would just be fun.

I'd rather we'd enjoy the next few months and miss out on the play-offs, than creep into them and lose both legs of the semi-final with zero shots on target and zero goals.

UTB.

I agree about the hignett thing with goals being scored and the games being more fun. Its like he actually coached the players on kicking the ball the correct way. Imagine that, coaching!!!!

Unfortunately The rift between them took place, he left and our goalscoring record has been fairly poor since.

The same people who criticised Monk last year for saying robotic and repetitive things in press conferences, are the same people who applaud Pulis for doing exactly the same thing.

He says things in an assertive manner and people lap it up. Don’t get how many smart people can be swayed by the crap he comes out with.

We’ve got a good squad already, his management style isn’t bringing out the best in our squad. That’s why we’re 5th, and not in the automatics. A good manager would galvanise the talent that we have in our squad (and there is proven talent) and use it to take games to the opposition and become a force.

He’s still got the defensive mentality which has served him in the past when keeping teams from getting relegated. It doesn’t work when you’re going for automatic promotion.

He needs to take a look a the other squads and wonder why they are so much more attractive to watch. Barring WBA there isn't a team in the league that we shouldn't beat on paper. Leeds squad isn't that much better but their manager emphasises pressing, desire and a will to score. It transpires into the stands where the fans encourage them because they like what they see. A team that is actually going for three points on their own terms.

I thought he spoke well as do many of the fan groups. You lot on here seem stuck in a big circlejerk..

So you are happy that he clocked off early knowing we were short and then was lauding over it the day after?