oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Tbh I'm not sure another manager would have us in a better position. But another manager might have us in the same position and playing more attractive football. I get why Gibson hired Pulis to get some stability, I just think that he completely overlooked the way Pulis play and what the fans actually value when they pay a lot of money to go to matches. I hope that is something Gibson will consider regardless of which league we are in. I hope he will thank Pulis for his time here but ultimately it's the right time to move in a different direction.

I don't doubt that Pulis has had some restrictions in the transfer market and it was a demand from above his head that we needed to make some transfer income and reduce the wage budget. However that makes it all the more baffling that Pulis has rubber stamped the signings of both McNair and Saville instead of using the limited funds on more pressing matters. That was probably Pulis' biggest downfall in the market. If he only had used the McNair money on a decent winger I think the fans would have been slightly more forgiving as it would have at least sent a message that he wants to play some attackers. Instead it just appears that his plan all along was to ***house his way to promotion as that is all he knows.

He has made some stupid mistakes along the way. Last season was somewhat forgivable, bar the Villa showings, as he had to steady the ship with too many wayward signings under Monk, but this season he had a good chance to plug the gaps but blew it in the market. Going back to his ***house tactics instead of sticking to what worked at the start of the season, and is working again, was a baffling move but that's what an old dog does.

I can imagine him being out of work at the start of next season, but at some point a struggling PL team will hire him out of desperation and he'll make a ton of money again without having to shoulder any blame (at least according to himself).

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Can Fulham not just take him. We could even get some cash out of it!

A different manager may not have us in a better position. But it trust 99% of other potential managers to give us a better chance of winning in the playoffs because they'd try to win, not try 'not to lose'.

Haha, yeah imagine that. Get a compensation package for losing Pulis. Gibbo then turns to old pal Karanka to come in for just the season to see us through and we go on to win the playoffs beating Forest at Wembley.

Haha, yeah imagine that. Get a compensation package for losing Pulis. Gibbo then turns to old pal Karanka to come in for just the season to see us through and we go on to win the playoffs beating Forest at Wembley.

Now that you've said this, i couldnt think of anything i would want more

New low for Pulis today, reverting to type and throwing the game away.

We just have to write this season off now.

Even if we make the playoffs, we’ll be dire.

If by some miracle we get promoted, we’ll be dire for another season and then relegated.

New direction from the club is needed urgently.

Not that it will happen, but I actually think if we made a managerial change now (an uplifting Solskjark type appointment), we would have a good chance at the playoffs.

He just needs to *** off. Any replacement would do. If Woody is destined to take over in the summer then just give him the job now. Pulis is absolutely horrible to have as a manager.

Gibson should sack Pulis now for the good of the club, as not just a chairman but as a business man he must realise this is common sense, if not then this clubs only going one way, then we will be forced to look for outside investment.

A place to discuss our boss, whoever they are or whoever you want them to be..

I often refer to thr original question.....

I want a manager that I believe will get us onto the playoffs and that I believe is tactically good enough to get us through the playoffs. That person is most certainly not TP.

Anyone with any footballing sense would get rid of him now and give a new manager a chance to prepare the team for a run at the playoffs.

Darren Moore just sacked from west Brom. He's do till the end of the season.

Pulis trending on twitter thought something might have happened alas not

Of course nothing will happen. He won’t give up the money and Gibson has his head in the sand.

I wonder how many 'top managers' that are out of a job would come to manage us on a basis of doing it for free but being given a £2 million bonus for promotion.

That way pulis can be fully paid off and it would cost us no more. We would likely play more attractive football and the bonus would obviously be worth it if promoted. #winwin

I wonder how many 'top managers' that are out of a job would come to manage us on a basis of doing it for free but being given a £2 million bonus for promotion.

That way pulis can be fully paid off and it would cost us no more. We would likely play more attractive football and the bonus would obviously be worth it if promoted. #winwin

Probably none. They want wages plus a promotion bonus.

Probably none. They want wages plus a promotion bonus.

I only ask because I remember Harry saying something similar about villa a some time ago. Said he would do the job for free and they would only need to pay him if they were promoted.

Not suggesting he should take over but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

As I said in the match thread, I’m done with this manager now.

I want someone in charge who makes me proud to answer ‘Boro’ when asked who I support. I want that feeling of never wanting to miss a game again, doing everything in my power to make it back for a game. I want to see a team that fights tooth and nail for every ball and shows a bit of passion on the pitch. I don’t demand wins, what I demand is effort and a will to win. I want playing for Boro to mean something again.

Tony Pulis does not do any of these things. The substitution today and his post-match interview sums him up as a man and as a manager. He’s a coward who can’t own up to his own failings and instead decides to dig other people out publicly instead, this is reflected in every part of his management.

The club is the beating heart of our town and at the moment both behind the scenes and on the pitch we are sleepwalking towards that heartbeat petering out. It makes me incredibly sad to say this and to even think it but I think it has to be said.

I want my club back.