• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I don't think we'd be appointing the next man now anyway.

I don't really get why you've wrote the rest of the stuff tbh.  It's irrelevant unless you seriously believe he is dealing with all of those things himself?  He absolutely isn't.  However, it must be comforting to know he hasn't got time for MFC if that's what you're suggesting?

Research

Research into what?  Do you think Gibson doesn't have the time for MFC at the moment?  Is that your position?

He pays a chief executive a lot of money to deal with the day to day running of the club. He will devote the time he thinks he needs I would have thought.

The research was for Tudders as he said he could not be bothered

Our squad is worth as much, if not more, than West Brom’s.  And at least West Brom actually try to beat teams. Pulis sets us up for a 0-0 every match with the hope we fluke a goal. This with one of the most expensive squads in the league.

Get him out and put Woodgate in charge until the summer. See how he goes. An OGS type contract. If he does well, we get promoted and he gets the job full time. If we don’t get promoted, we look elsewhere for a manager in the summer. It’s a win-win for us. With Pulis in charge, we aren’t getting promoted (no chance we are going to beat any of the top 6 over 2 legs) and he’s just driving more and more fans away from the club. The majority of the fans detest the man and the atmosphere around the club is rotten. It won’t improve until Pulis goes. Personally, I don’t care if we get promoted this season. I just want to watch a team that I can get behind and be passionate about. I’ll be honest, I am currently embarrassed to support a team managed by this dinosaur. I love Boro and always will. But my passion for them will continue to wane until he gets out of my club!

Swapping Pulis for an ex defender in Woody is a rotten idea as well, seriously we need someone with an mindset to let them play with freedom not shackle them as well. We need someone in who lets the players play with freedom and express themselves whos also positive, like what solskjaer has done at man u after Jose who was dour.

Guardiola was a defensive midfielder. Klopp played half his career as a defender. Pochettino was a defender. Eddie Howe was a defender. Playing position has absolutely no connection to management style.

And I’m not saying give the job to Woodgate. But what’s the harm in giving it to him until the end of the season? If he impresses (like OGS has) we win. If he doesn’t, we have plenty of time to find the right man for the job in the summer without having to rush into finding someone to take the job now.

I think the harm in giving it to Woodgate now is you are basically saying if he is a success for 9 games we are then going to give a long term contract to someone with no real experience. It is another Southgate scenario where he has to manage a team under a programme of cost cutting with no real experience of managing a club.

Our squad is worth as much, if not more, than West Brom’s.  And at least West Brom actually try to beat teams. Pulis sets us up for a 0-0 every match with the hope we fluke a goal. This with one of the most expensive squads in the league.

Get him out and put Woodgate in charge until the summer. See how he goes. An OGS type contract. If he does well, we get promoted and he gets the job full time. If we don’t get promoted, we look elsewhere for a manager in the summer. It’s a win-win for us. With Pulis in charge, we aren’t getting promoted (no chance we are going to beat any of the top 6 over 2 legs) and he’s just driving more and more fans away from the club. The majority of the fans detest the man and the atmosphere around the club is rotten. It won’t improve until Pulis goes. Personally, I don’t care if we get promoted this season. I just want to watch a team that I can get behind and be passionate about. I’ll be honest, I am currently embarrassed to support a team managed by this dinosaur. I love Boro and always will. But my passion for them will continue to wane until he gets out of my club!

Swapping Pulis for an ex defender in Woody is a rotten idea as well, seriously we need someone with an mindset to let them play with freedom not shackle them as well. We need someone in who lets the players play with freedom and express themselves whos also positive, like what solskjaer has done at man u after Jose who was dour.

Guardiola was a defensive midfielder. Klopp played half his career as a defender. Pochettino was a defender. Eddie Howe was a defender. Playing position has absolutely no connection to management style.

And I’m not saying give the job to Woodgate. But what’s the harm in giving it to him until the end of the season? If he impresses (like OGS has) we win. If he doesn’t, we have plenty of time to find the right man for the job in the summer without having to rush into finding someone to take the job now.

I think the harm in giving it to Woodgate now is you are basically saying if he is a success for 9 games we are then going to give a long term contract to someone with no real experience. It is another Southgate scenario where he has to manage a team under a programme of cost cutting with no real experience of managing a club.

Do you think OGS should get the United job?

Do you think OGS should get the United job?

I dont. A few mates who support Man Utd though say he should get it.

I don't really get why you've wrote the rest of the stuff tbh.  It's irrelevant unless you seriously believe he is dealing with all of those things himself?  He absolutely isn't.  However, it must be comforting to know he hasn't got time for MFC if that's what you're suggesting?

Research

Research into what?  Do you think Gibson doesn't have the time for MFC at the moment?  Is that your position?

He pays a chief executive a lot of money to deal with the day to day running of the club. He will devote the time he thinks he needs I would have thought.

He pays lots of people lots of money to deal with things so that he doesn't have to deal with them.  I hope that helps with your research.

Research

He pays lots of people lots of money to deal with things so that he doesn't have to deal with them.  I hope that helps with your research.

Thats really helpful CT. Thanks

By the way, I want to make it clear, I don’t want Woodgate in charge long term.

But I just don’t see the harm in giving it to him short term until the end of the season whilst we find the right person for the job. The last thing we need is to rush into appointing another manager who isn’t right for the job. If the right person is available and willing to come right now, excellent. But if not, let Woody have a go and find the right person.

Woodgate is a defender, hes learnt all he knows about coaching under Pulis id be a little concerned about that appointment if he was given the managers job since i want us to play more entertaining football particularly if its permanent. If its just until the end of the season....Maybe that might be alright to get the players back on side at least and too see how he does. 

For me Jimmy Floyd every club hes been at lets his sides play with freedom and he has a winning mentality, i would seriously look at getting him in as the manager or as someone to coach the players make it non negotiable that Jimmy stays as coach when the new manager comes in.

Woodgate is a defender, hes learnt all he knows about coaching under Pulis id be a little concerned about that appointment if he was given the managers job since i want us to play more entertaining football particularly if its permanent. If its just until the end of the season....Maybe that might be alright to get the players back on side at least and too see how he does. 

For me Jimmy Floyd every club hes been at lets his sides play with freedom and he has a winning mentality, i would seriously look at getting him in as the manager or as someone to coach the players make it non negotiable that Jimmy stays as coach when the new manager comes in.

Obviously it would totally depend on Woodgate’s philosophy. But none of us have any idea what that is.

Brendan Rodgers learnt his trade under Jose Mourinho but certainly doesn’t set up anything like his mentor.

Woodgate’s managing philosophy is all speculation at this stage.

I wouldn’t be against Hasselbaink as an interim manager until the end of the season either.

I just wouldn’t be giving anyone the job long term. Appoint an interim manager until the end of the season to allow us time to get the right man in. Also gives the interim manager some real motivation to get us promoted.

By the way, I want to make it clear, I don’t want Woodgate in charge long term.

But I just don’t see the harm in giving it to him short term until the end of the season whilst we find the right person for the job. The last thing we need is to rush into appointing another manager who isn’t right for the job. If the right person is available and willing to come right now, excellent. But if not, let Woody have a go and find the right person.

Couldn't agree more with this. Our season is lost in my opinion, so give it to woodgate. If he shows he cant get any more out of this team than pulis can then get rid and start again in the summer. If he shows he can motivate the same set of players to a few attractive results, then why not consider him?

Research

Thanks. But I'm still not bothered. I barely read it. What I did read between the lines is that Gibson hasn't got time for club or his fans.

I'm an educated bloke. Not going to explain credentials because I got "aren't you a clever ***" message last time I did.

I understand as well as the next person the implications of brexit. I get that he is an influential force in what happens after brexit for the region. I understand fully that all businesses need to prepare, safeguard their businesses and even change for every eventuality that brexit may bring.

However, if a simple "you're fired because you have absolutely ***ed up" is not something he has 2 minutes to do/say/email or something that he can't afford to do/articulate/send because of an absolutely horrendous contract clause given by himself, then that maybe proves he is as fit to run the club as pulis is to run the team

The anti Woodgate stuff seems to be based on jack s**t to me just because he is a defender. Mogga was the epitome of a defender, and I wouldn’t say he was a defensive coach

I personally think it would be too early for woodgate as Pulis has again turned the job into a poisoned chalice and it would be asking too much for a rookie to turn it around but that is the only reason

Mogga would remain my first , second and third choice but after that jokanovic or Wagner would be good shout