• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Why, why did I do it, why did I just flip over to the EG to read Pulis comments. Oh I was hoping to read there was a stream of cars hustling to drive Pulis out of Middlesbrough and the town was hanging bunting ready to celebrate. NO! what I read Pulis said: “Since I've come to the football club – and I've just been in the coaches' room with the lads – we need to finish the chances we create. I've been saying that since I came here. The team do have a go, the structure's good. OK I did check the date twice and it’s not April 1st. Then much against my better judgment I go on to read, Great, what a challenge, if we win Tuesday we get back in there and then it's seven games to go and it's a countdown from there,” he said.“Brilliant, bring it on and I hope the players think the same way as me. That's what you are in football for, it's there for us, it's still in our hands and we've got to make sure we grasp the nettle - that's what we've got to do.

AGAIN I go and check the date and again it does not read APRIL 1st! FFS what is going on.

It could be any date. He says the same thing week after week. He's a clown.

Does anyone know If he blamed James cook yet ???

I can never slag off Gibson as without him we would never have had the past that we have had but I do question where our future lays

As for Pulis ..Had there ever been a more toxic , unloved manager at our club??

Season is just about over and defeat on Tuesday would probably seal that. Until then we are stuck with him but after that let’s pray that Steve is thinking enough is enough.

I can never slag off Gibson as without him we would never have had the past that we have had but I do question where our future lays

As for Pulis ..Had there ever been a more toxic , unloved manager at our club??

Season is just about over and defeat on Tuesday would probably seal that. Until then we are stuck with him but after that let’s pray that Steve is thinking enough is enough.

This is the most frustrating thing for me. I would love to be going into Tuesday’s game desperate to see Boro win. But there’s a part of me hoping we lose so that Pulis might go. It’s a horrible way to feel about a club I’ve loved since I was a kid. But I honestly feel this club would be in a better position if we were in the Championship next season with a different manager than if we were in the Premier League with Pulis in charge. With every week he is in charge, the fan base are becoming more and more disengaged by the club. It’s absolutely disgusting what Pulis has done to this club.

There seems to be a thought a***st some fans that the problem at the club is Pulis and things will be better when he leaves. I think this ignores the massive elephant in the room which is Gibson.

I think things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better and in response to the above post I think a Sunderland scenario is more like than a West Brom one at the moment.

“Pulis has been unable to spend too heavily despite the need for new blood, a sign of things to come at the Riverside.”

Flint £7m

McNair £5m

Saville £8m

Hugill £2m

Riiiiiiiiiiight

£22m on 4 players who have made absolutely no difference whatsoever to our team, 3 of them barely even play.

We could have took Watkins and Jarrod Bowen in the summer for that amount but would have been scared off by the price. But they are 2 players who would have had an impact on the first team, scored goals and had a resale value close to the initial outlay if not more based on performances.

“Pulis has been unable to spend too heavily despite the need for new blood, a sign of things to come at the Riverside.”

Flint £7m

McNair £5m

Saville £8m

Hugill £2m

Riiiiiiiiiiight

The moron has had more than enough money to spend he is just too thick to spend it wisely. Few attackers want to play for him and he only has three positions in his tactical locker, central defenders, central midfielders and a battering ram up front.

Flint £7m

McNair £5m

Saville £8m

Hugill £2m

Riiiiiiiiiiight

The moron has had more than enough money to spend he is just too thick to spend it wisely. Few attackers want to play for him and he only has three positions in his tactical locker, central defenders, central midfielders and a battering ram up front.

We have a team value more than the top three put together and we still can’t play anywhere near there skill and pace or score half the goals they have. It’s absolute bull @@@@ and the only reason we are a depressed and suffering team is down to SG & the Grim Reaper Pulis.

£22m on 4 players who have made absolutely no difference whatsoever to our team, 3 of them barely even play.

We could have took Watkins and Jarrod Bowen in the summer for that amount but would have been scared off by the price. But they are 2 players who would have had an impact on the first team, scored goals and had a resale value close to the initial outlay if not more based on performances.

I see where your coming from and in our team with a good manager the above 2 would score goals but under Pulis they would be chasing a long ball, hoofed up from the back with very little support.

I see where your coming from and in our team with a good manager the above 2 would score goals but under Pulis they would be chasing a long ball, hoofed up from the back with very little support.

They'd have been played as full backs !!!

Anybody reading this forum would think we have a load of doom and gloom fans on here, its far from it, what we have is fans who are posting with both head and heart (heavy heart at the moment) and making sensible justifiable constructive criticism of our club, its called passion.

Steve Gibson may not read this forum but let me tell you ladies and gentlemen there are others who associate with him who most certainly will and Gibson will know exactly the thoughts of the fans , he may not like it but he isn't living under a rock and he most certainly can't get away from it.

In footballing terms, wouldn't it be foolish to get shot of Pulis this close to the end of the season? We've only now just got out of the play offs in all fairness (yes playing horrifically).

Questions to disucss..

1 - Who else would come in?

2 - If we fail to get into the play offs, Gibson would be asked, why did you change a "successful" formula this close to the finishing line?

3 - if we got a new manager in now, with a different style, is 8 games enough to get them playing the right way?

4 - is it fair to upset the players training routing with a new backroom staff coming in also?

5 - would the manager who comes in be tainted with the next 8 games or do they get a free pass without judgement?

I think for the sake of 8 games, it will be what it is and we'll see no change.

Not that I want that, as previously mentioned, I think Pulis has set us back immensely.