oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Hate to say it, but I doubt things will change with Gibson as chairman. This may be a Sunderland style decline until he figures out someone else needs to lead the club. The culture is set from the top and unfortunately it’s pretty rotten from what I can see. The jobs for the lads culture, the back the manager beyond reason ideology (i.e. inability to admit mistakes) and the simple inability to compete financially with the other championship clubs (without parachute payments) all adds up to a point where we are fundamentally going to underperform. As much as I hate to say it (given the excellent service he has given), we don’t need another Gibson revamp, we need new blood at the top of the club and some energy pushed back into the club. Give Gibson his knighthood or OBE and let's all move on.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I dont personally blame Gibson for not pulling the trigger now, you just know with the way pulis operates that it would cost us a fortune to sack him before his contract is up, probably to the point where it would set us back even further for the summer.

I 100% blame him for appointing him in the first place. Anyone who had seen any of his former clubs play knew exaclty what was coming and didnt want him here.

If the stories surrounding finances are accurate, any money for transfers next season will be  only generated from sales surely?.  Even then i don't think it will all go to the manager.  

Also, are youngsters like fry, wood, tav all for sale?  Am sure there will be interest

In all honesty with the exception of Randolph, Wing,Tavernier and Fry it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if any of the rest of the squad were sold. Apart from Randolph ( who sadly will go) we aren't exactly blessed with many prize assets to sell its a very average squad at best.

one of the consequences of this season imparticular and all the decisions that led up to it is that  Steve Gibsons  untouchable status has been removed and wheras  in the past anyone daring to  question him would have been blasted  has evolved into a good proportion sitting there nodding in agreement.  he has been guilty of indulging himself with personal choices in areas where his expertise  doesnt lie in which have backfired  .  perhaps that is my own personal worry about  Woodgates  possible/probable  future tenure as his next appointment  even though  none of us can really say if hed  actually do a capable job.

If Pulis hasn't been sacked in the morning it obviously means we can't afford to sack him. There's no other reason that you'd leave him in charge.

We will find out just how much this club means to Gibson as of now, if he can not react to the fans wishes then he has lost the plot.

How much lower does he expect the fans to feel with TP still in charge.

Somerset Boro summed up perfectly on what division Pulis should be managing in

No doubt the tosser will claim that the fans didnt get it fully unveiled before it was confiscated.

"I hear it actually said 'pulis outgoings have put the club in a financially sound position and his medical expertise has saved the club's players from certain death'" :P

Past anger now, just genuinely sad at how he's made me despise what used to be the best part of my week.

If he's not gone after 5 lacklustre losses in a row and a play off position blow, then we can only conclude this club is lost until somebody else comes along and buys it.

Even if we have to pay the reputed 3 million clause to Pulis before the end of the season it would be worth it. Give someone an opportunity to assess the situation and infrastructure and prepare for pre season.