oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Randy Sandwich. I totally get where you are coming from by say looking at teams Norwich, Bournemouth etc who made bold appointments with managers who had a positive way of playing.

However point i was making when i said i can live with Pulis is simply (and only because) the alternative choice. I haven't heard of any rumour of other managers (in either media or on here) linked to us bar Woodgate. Therefore when i say i can accept Pulis it was simply based on someone saying to me u got 2 choices. Pulis or Woodgate. I echo what DZ said in respect of that.

I agree with you that Pulis should shoulder some of the blame for WBA relegation but I personally would not be blaming him for Stokes demise. They enjoyed 5 or 6 seasons in PL after he left.

As for Palace. By all accounts he did a great job there and i think he won some form of manager of year award for saving them. To say Hodgson saved them from a Pulis mess is a bit harsh as in between Pulis and Hodgson they had 3 managers in Warnock, Pardew and De Boer. So again any mess Hodgson has cleared up i would not say it was a Pulis mess.

Though again I agree the stuff out of court between Pulis and Palace stinks to the high heavens as far as Pulis is concerned based on what I read.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

im on the same wavelength as pmards,DZ and Jimmy . IF like they say its a straight choice between Pulis and Woodgate ,  and if it is  ,then my faith and  thanks to SG has run its course.

what this season has done to me as a die hard supporter (despite being in contention for the whole term) is hard to believe .  i never thought id see the day when i felt nothing after a defeat or  poor result / performance but that is currently the case . and IF the choice IS one of these two for next year  ,that indifference that i have towards my team  will apply to the close season/fixtures/transfer thread/ kit release/ etc etc......all those small things that normally get you buzzing for the big kick off.

Randy Sandwich. I totally get where you are coming from by say looking at teams Norwich, Bournemouth etc who made bold appointments with managers who had a positive way of playing.

However point i was making when i said i can live with Pulis is simply (and only because) the alternative choice. I haven't heard of any rumour of other managers (in either media or on here) linked to us bar Woodgate. Therefore when i say i can accept Pulis it was simply based on someone saying to me u got 2 choices. Pulis or Woodgate. I echo what DZ said in respect of that.

I agree with you that Pulis should shoulder some of the blame for WBA relegation but I personally would not be blaming him for Stokes demise. They enjoyed 5 or 6 seasons in PL after he left.

As for Palace. By all accounts he did a great job there and i think he won some form of manager of year award for saving them. To say Hodgson saved them from a Pulis mess is a bit harsh as in between Pulis and Hodgson they had 3 managers in Warnock, Pardew and De Boer. So again any mess Hodgson has cleared up i would not say it was a Pulis mess.

Though again I agree the stuff out of court between Pulis and Palace stinks to the high heavens as far as Pulis is concerned based on what I read.

You're right but I'm pointing more towards the reasons we apparently recruited him, this long term stability model they threw at us where he puts clubs in this solid place in the prem and future managers, the fans and club benefit long term, the only reasons they have left in the locker to justify keeping him - so I pointed out that it's never happened before at his other clubs as they've been fighting relegation or been relegated, whereas the clubs I mentioned managed it and were all teams who were promoted whilst we were fighting for promotion or were promoted.

Apparently Chris Houghton is leaving Brighton at the end of the season, I'd certainly have him here.

Weren't there rumours of Pulis becoming Director of Football? While that'd be a contradiction in terms for him, at least it'd get him away from the dugout and clear the way for someone (anyone) other than Woodgate.

And as for Chris Hughton, I'd bring him here in a heartbeat.

Chris Houghton should instantly be a***st the top candidate for any championship club if he leaves Brighton. I’d love him here instead of the Orcmeister.

Shows you what a small minded club we are when it looks likely that our only 2 options as manager are going to be a dinosaur and a former player who can't pass his coaching badges.

With regard to Karanka I know he has a lot of support on here who would have him back, but not for me, I thought under Karanka we were far too one dimensional, too defensive and he's man management skills had a lot to be desired, not a man who could forgive and forget, definitely bears a grudge which isn't good, so certainly wouldn't want him back.

I just can't see it chaps. I think for some insane reason (probably contractual) we are sticking with TP. Saying that though nothing has come out in the press about him staying, if he does I'm going to find it very difficult to get excited about us next season. I'm bored of us stating that were going to have a 5 year plan and then the plan appears to be the worst thought out plan ever. Just get a young manager and stick with him. It's that simple.. get a good backroom staff in and the rest will naturally happen, if SG has had enough then that's a different ball game all together.

If the choice is truly a straight shootout between Pulis and Woody, then that serves to show just how low MFC has fallen in Gibson's priorities.

Honestly he should just give up and go away if he can't even be ***d to draw up a shortlist of candidates.

It’s depressing that it has to be Woodgate or Pulis. Why can’t we do a Norwich, and identify a Daniel Farke. I wouldn’t get Karanka back as think there’s a bit too much bad blood, but we did well identifying him and hiring him in 2013! We took the risk, and it paid off. It seems since then, Gibson’s become so risk averse that it hinders his decision making to the nth degree. Pulis was the ‘safe’ appointment, and it’s ripping the soul of our club.

Best news for me this summer, would be either foreign investment or the appointment of a DoF (that’s not Pulis). We need some sort of strategy going forward. Some innovative thinking. Pulis, Woodgate, Bausor, Gill, and Bevington seem like they can’t provide this.

We did identify a Farke. It was Monk. The difference is one was given time and realistic expectations and the other hounded out of the club and blamed for everything.

Farke even started this season poorly and they stuck with him, similarly to how Fulham stuck with Jokanovich last year.

If the choice is truly a straight shootout between Pulis and Woody, then that serves to show just how low MFC has fallen in Gibson's priorities.

Honestly he should just give up and go away if he can't even be ***d to draw up a shortlist of candidates.

‘Gibson’s priorities’ is exactly how I’d explain the current mess as well. During the January window Pulis mentioned that “Steve hadn’t been in” and recently Pulis said “he doesn’t talk a lot”. I think he’s got bigger problems like Brexit ruining his business and is happy to let Pulis be steady hands at the helm.