oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Strictly speaking they are claimed to be improvements rather than simply changes as you put it.  I seem to remember the medical department winning some national award a couple of years ago so I can only assume things went rapidly downhill after that.  Also he's made improvements to the academy as well because that's something Pulis is well known for :)

I’d assume the changes where to improve it not make it worse. Even an award winner medical department needs to continue to improve to stay at the top

Indeed that would make perfect sense.  Now all we need to figure out is where his expertise in this subject area comes from.

Again I’ve never seen him claim to be an medical expert and all the actual “quotes” I’ve seen off him On the subject he’s used the word we’ve not I’ve.

So how does he get credit for the changes then?  I'm confused as to what you're saying.  Is he getting credit for what other people are doing or is he not getting credit at all?  I assume you aren't saying he gets credit regardless of what he does or doesn't do for anything that sees an improvement even though we don't actually know if it has improved?  An article says things have been improved and credits Pulis with those improvements and he seems happy enough to take the plaudits for it but the actual evidence doesn't seem to exist that anything has improved or that he is responsible.  

What do you think he's done here to date?  I'd be interested in what you actually think.

I haven’t seen many people giving him credit for it but I’ve seen plenty of people making things up about it to have dig at him.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I’d assume the changes where to improve it not make it worse. Even an award winner medical department needs to continue to improve to stay at the top

Indeed that would make perfect sense.  Now all we need to figure out is where his expertise in this subject area comes from.

Again I’ve never seen him claim to be an medical expert and all the actual “quotes” I’ve seen off him On the subject he’s used the word we’ve not I’ve.

So how does he get credit for the changes then?  I'm confused as to what you're saying.  Is he getting credit for what other people are doing or is he not getting credit at all?  I assume you aren't saying he gets credit regardless of what he does or doesn't do for anything that sees an improvement even though we don't actually know if it has improved?  An article says things have been improved and credits Pulis with those improvements and he seems happy enough to take the plaudits for it but the actual evidence doesn't seem to exist that anything has improved or that he is responsible.  

What do you think he's done here to date?  I'd be interested in what you actually think.

I haven’t seen many people giving him credit for it but I’ve seen plenty of people making things up about it to have dig at him.

So because someone knows something you don't they've made it up?

No not always. Just times like when you made up that he said he’d done miracles with the medical department.

Strictly speaking they are claimed to be improvements rather than simply changes as you put it.  I seem to remember the medical department winning some national award a couple of years ago so I can only assume things went rapidly downhill after that.  Also he's made improvements to the academy as well because that's something Pulis is well known for :)

Running and biking up mountains in the rain is groundbreaking stuff.

Thank you BD pointing this out because the medical department would have to make changes to prepare and look after the players for this type of training :)

Just a shame it didn’t improve us. Maybe he should spend a bit more time learning new tactics instead of being stuck in the 80’s. It actually sounded like that’s what he was looking forward to when he was appointed but I guess you really can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

He appears to be taking credit for it in that article as well as various interviews where he takes credit for a variety of things.  I'm asking what you actually think though?

Why is it that those saying he has made a lot of behind the scenes changes can never actually say what he has changed? So far we have yet to hear about anything he has changed. The only thing that is clear is that he has made us worse, spent money on pointless signings and say anything to make himself look good.

Why is it that those saying he has made a lot of behind the scenes changes can never actually say what he has changed? So far we have yet to hear about anything he has changed. The only thing that is clear is that he has made us worse, spent money on pointless signings and say anything to make himself look good.

At the end of the day is it even his job?

If I was Gibson and had employed a manager who was halfway through a 6 game losing streak but was yapping on about changing the medical department I’d be tearing my hair out.

It’s so convenient that the only good things he’s done are things we can’t see and stuff he can’t discuss in public or whatever.

His words in his interview sound like that of a person who feels insecure rather than someone who knows theyll be here longer term. ‘I love being here’, ‘Steve and his family are great’ etc etc. Like when you were a kid and your mate had sweets so you licked his ass so he let you share haha.

Pulis wouldn't need to be making changes to the medical department if he wasn't playing players whilst injured. Lewis Wing had been carrying that hernia for months and ended up missing a key part of the season instead of just dealing with it, Flint had hamstring issues all season, Ayala played injured multiple times, Shotton returned from his knee injury to soon, etc.

Hes moaning about injuries yet didnt but wisely in the summer OR January.

Is him being here a factor why people wouldn't want to join us? Probably.

Is he at fault for our wretched style of play? Yes.

Is he at fault for our 6 game losing streak? Yes.

Is he at fault for playing negative football and costing us games? Yes.

Has he ultimately cost us a play off place? Yes.

But it's okay, because he has made some "changes" behind the scenes. Rubbish. He has only himself to blame for why at least 2/3 of the fans at least want him out.

The sooner people on here, Gibson or the Gazette say what he has actually sorted out whilst being here the jury will always remain out on him.

But at the end of the day, his job is to get the best out of the players, he has failed to do that. So I think a change of manager is paramount to building the bridges.

Give us a manager who we can buy into and be patient with, who plays a brand of football we want.

No not always. Just times like when you made up that he said he’d done miracles with the medical department.

When did I say he said that?

I just said I'm surprised he isn't saying that, due to the statement he made in Jan about his involvement in it.

You than asked for proof he'd even said he was involved in any way, which you got, so now you are going to just tediously twist on instead of just accepting you hadn't read the article and were wrong in your post - it's no big deal you know.

So what’s the general feeling on here?

Are we happy with Pulis, or would we rather someone else was in charge?

Are you taking the pee?

Nope genuine question.

Have you taken a knock to the head recently?

I thought no one took the 'overhaul' stuff seriously to be honest we did overhaul our transfer policy about 2 and a half years ago when we abandoned copying Southampton and signing foreign players with viewed upside to signing domestic players proven in the Championship to get us promoted. Then in came Pulis and he continued the same exact recruitment except instead of loaning PL youngsters like Monk did/tried he went straight for the top shelf loans like Besic PL squad players on big wages viewed as surpluss but viewed a class above the Championship.

Then in January he apparently overhauled our scouting department leading us to try once again to shift Fletcher and bring in Isaac Vassell from Birmingham as part of this 'new' philosophy of recruitment.

You need trucks of salt to accompany statement's Pulis has made about what he's done I remember looking up what he said at West Brom and every September he'd say he had overhauled some department behind the scenes it's ridiculous.

He's getting more respect shown on his way out by Gibson/press/fans than Mogga got the whole sitting down over a bottle of wine stuff is just crazy another example that when it suits we aren't ran like a cold headed business but like a good old boys club.

I completely agreed with Mowbray's departure but I must have missed all the excuses made for him and he had every right to claim the financial book balancing he oversaw as a reason for more time but the way Pulis talked about it yesterday you'd think he was finishing 7th with Bart Ogbeche up front and McManus at CB it's twilight zone stuff it really is.

Pulis made the same claims at WBA namely that he had completely restructed the youth teams. What he actually meant was that he slashed funding to everybody below the first and second teams to a point that they just could not function. Lots of promising young players left to join other clubs some of which are now getting close to breaking through into first teams and will have bright futures. You really need to understand that Pulis is a mendacious self publicist who will do anything or say anything that strengthens his own position

Billywoof. To answer your question mate. I am not happy with Pulis and want a new manager who has a positive style of football and has an ability to develop players without spending ***-loads.

HOWEVER, as i have said before it choice is Pulis or Woodgate I would take Pulis all day.

I dont not see the club doing anything under Woodgate given the curren financial framework other than really struggling to even compete.

People might criticise me for dismissing Woodgate so quickly and point to the success of Lampard and Gerrard in their first managerial posts but they are totally different cases.

1. Woodgate does not seem very intelligent or articulate. There are rumours he has failed his coaching badges. How he is managing to fail them is beyond me and secondly very worrying if he wants to be a manager.

2. Lamps and Gezza have contacts in football, notably their ex clubs, which assisted their recruitment and contributed to the success they enjoyed in their first season as managers. Woodgate probs has none.

3. Finally, if Woodgate has any aspirations of managing this football club, now or in future, he needs to stop kicking about with the local plastic gangsters & village idiots which he has reacquainted himself with from his younger days.