• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Nope, to be honest I've lost all faith in Steve Gibson and his willingness to see this club progress and if he gives Pulis a new contract that will be the final straw for me

Does anyone expect a message from the Chairman outlining his visions of the future etc etc

I think we'll get it indirectly through the Gazette. It'll be the usual propaganda about what a great job Gibson is doing to keep the club afloat and how we've got a bright future to look forward to.

Robbie Stockdale anyone?

I suppose he's local which trumps talent.

Would probably rather Robbie Stockdale than Woodgate, and Pulis. He’s quite highly thought of with regards to coaching ability.

Robbie Stockdale anyone?

Would probably rather Robbie Stockdale than Woodgate, and Pulis. He’s quite highly thought of with regards to coaching ability.

Hes not exactly been working under the best manager in the last few years to learn from..

Robbie Stockdale anyone?

Hes not exactly been working under the best manager in the last few years to learn from..

And Woodgate has? :)

We should have plenty of options to bring a decent manager in both domestic and foreign. It would however mean that Gibson would have to look at managers already in a job or take a chance on someone foreign who doesn't have Championship experience. It worked out with Karanka but I just don't think he is willing to take that gamble again. Maybe a current assistant like Arteta would be willing to join, although it's likely more appealing to stay as Peps assistant at City a bit longer than dropping down into the Championship mud. It would be great to benefit a bit from an Arteta/Pep friendship.

We should have plenty of options to bring a decent manager in both domestic and foreign. It would however mean that Gibson would have to look at managers already in a job or take a chance on someone foreign who doesn't have Championship experience. It worked out with Karanka but I just don't think he is willing to take that gamble again. Maybe a current assistant like Arteta would be willing to join, although it's likely more appealing to stay as Peps assistant at City a bit longer than dropping down into the Championship mud. It would be great to benefit a bit from an Arteta/Pep friendship.

Exactly there's lots of talent out there and with a foreign manager you get the benefit of contacts overseas.

If we are restricting ourselves to people born and bread in the north east we are putting ourselves at a huge disadvantage.

Look at some of the foreign ex-premier league players looking to get into management, people like Arteta, Xabi Alonso, Viera, Bergkamp. Or how about trying to find the next Marco Silva/ Jokanovic?

I sometimes wonder whether Gibson would rather we became an average championship/ league one team with a club that employed loads Teessiders.

Tell me he's not still here!!

His contract isn’t up until the end of June, so I imagine he is.

I’m so worried I might actually right to Gibson expressing my disgust at how Pulis is going about things. He’s insulting us and the club every time he opens his mouth.

Gibson is no mug, in another thread about debt it was pointed out that although the club owed around £110 mil out it was all to Bulkhaul - can anyone confirm that?

If so and the rumours that Brexit could seriously affect Bulkhaul, has Steve took desperate measures to get us into the prem and then use the prem money to pay Bulkhaul? Do Bulkhaul need to call the debt in?

I can see the logic in wanting someone like Pulis to keep is in the prem on the cheap then once Bulkhaul are paid the next seasons money can be invested in the club, we would also then be attractive to possible buyers, it would be difficult to sell the club with that amount owed out.

Problem is Pulis didn't get us there, the excuses and lies havent worked - he calls us honest, friendly, hard working people then lies, spins and tries to pull the wool over our eyes - I think that has been as hard to bear as the football for some.

Chris Houghton is rumoured to be leaving Brighton, I'd love him here, Nigel Clough fills the "local" candidate too.

Just saw a poll on "The72" and Pulis voted 18th best manager in the EFL, I guess they don't take into account the "work he does behind the scenes"

Genuine question - how do people think the forum will fair if we have another season of Pulis?