oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Pulis leaving would be great news but Woodgate replacing him wouldn't be an improvement.

Hopefully Gibson might see sense and look for a fresh start.

Norwich's success will add some weight that a fresh start might be the best approach as they were in the same position as us.

We've ran out of parachute payments and look like we're going to need to balance the books. For that reason there's going to be no pressure and very little expectation from the fans next season.

It feels like the perfect time to try and build something that will last, even if it takes a few years to build.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Can't even get excited about Pulis leaving if the replacement is Woodgate. Okay its an improvement, but so is being punched in the face instead of being kicked in the balls.  

Unless I've heard totally wrong, Woodgate is already heavily involved with the team and takes most training sessions. And can't pass his badges. I know some let's say 'intellectually challenged' lads from school who got their coaching badges no problem and work with amateurs. It does beg the question, if he wasn't a local lad would he even be on the shortlist?

Only thing that would make this Summer exciting would be a 'man with a plan' like Farke or Jakanovic who could come in and give us a much needed identity to unite the club and fans, plus a coherent strategy in the transfer market.

:funny:  Love the highlighted bit  :funny:

Pulis leaving would be great news but Woodgate replacing him wouldn't be an improvement.

If a young manager (Woodgate) taking over from an old experienced manager isn't a fresh start; I don't know what is.

Can't even get excited about Pulis leaving if the replacement is Woodgate. Okay its an improvement, but so is being punched in the face instead of being kicked in the balls.  

Unless I've heard totally wrong, Woodgate is already heavily involved with the team and takes most training sessions. And can't pass his badges. I know some let's say 'intellectually challenged' lads from school who got their coaching badges no problem and work with amateurs. It does beg the question, if he wasn't a local lad would he even be on the shortlist?

Only thing that would make this Summer exciting would be a 'man with a plan' like Farke or Jakanovic who could come in and give us a much needed identity to unite the club and fans, plus a coherent strategy in the transfer market.

If he has failed his A licence, that means he can't technically become the manager anyway correct?

Any proof he's failed? If not you shouldn't be posting such things.

From FMTTM:

"Alan Brazil - Pulis Leaving

Although obviously nothing official out yet, Alan Brazil has just said that he has talked with Pulis and he will leave at the end of this season, this has always been the case.

We will see!"

I've just listened to it and his words were "I'm told Tony will be leaving" and "I knew even before the last game" 

He never said he spoke to TP directly unfortunately. 

Let's hope whoever told him is correct!

If he has failed his A licence, that means he can't technically become the manager anyway correct?

Well i did caveat it by saying "If"

I heard it started to go wrong when he spelt his name incorrectly at the start of the written  paper  :oops:

If a young manager (Woodgate) taking over from an old experienced manager isn't a fresh start; I don't know what is.

Woodgate and Fleming have been doing a lot of the coaching while pulis was away.

Woodgate has zero managerial experience and it seems his main qualification is just being ‘there’ already.

Technically it may be a ‘fresh start’ but that doesn’t mean it will be a good one.

I honestly can’t see how anyone could look at this possibility in a positive light. I’d rather just get a new manager in and let him do the usual thing of bringing in his own guys.

Woodgate and Fleming have been doing a lot of the coaching while pulis was away.

Woodgate has zero managerial experience and it seems his main qualification is just being ‘there’ already.

Technically it may be a ‘fresh start’ but that doesn’t mean it will be a good one.

I honestly can’t see how anyone could look at this possibility in a positive light. I’d rather just get a new manager in and let him do the usual thing of bringing in his own guys.

Mendieta420 knows Woodgate would be my guess. Seems defensive over anything related to him.

An assistant already employed by the team and involved with the club taking over is hardly a fresh start. Young and old isn't the be all and end all of it.

For it to be "fresh" I'd suggest you need, at the very least, someone not employed by Boro already.

For the record - I'm not completely against woodgate being appointed and would be fully behind him if he does. Hes not the brightest around but since when has that been a requirement to know football?

I'd much prefer someone a bit more exciting though

Someone said on here a few days back that TP was going and it would be announced soon. Any more information about it

TP is still here and no announcement has been made