• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

It may already have happened.

Like Gibson could have already said like thanks Tony go enjoy your holiday see you around.

And we will never know until June 1st!

What were the provided options on the feedback survey?

Over the phone it was completely free choice.

I made it very clear that I would've renewed on the first day of the early bird sales if Pulis had not been here or if we were playing even palatable football. Also made it clear that I intend on renewing if and when he leaves this summer. The woman on the phone sounded like the was writing/typing down the response for about the 100th time that day.

Do we think that the next person in charge of the club is more of a coach than a traditional manager?

I ask this with Adrian Bevington in mind, as I don't see how he technically fits into the current set up if the next person in charge is a "manager". Was he brought in to spearhead this new "moneyball" type operating model beyond Pulis?

I guess if the answer is yes, then does mean we finally get some continuation from one manager to the next in terms of the types of players we recruit? is he our Monchi so to speak?

I wish the term moneyball would die in relation to our club.

No transfer we have made since the first time Vickers mentioned it has been remotely like 'moneyball'.

Pukki to Norwich was a moneyball type signing. Previously highly rated youngster who's gone a bit off the boil and has failed in other systems but has attributes that fit your system perfectly. Sign him for a ridiculously low fee as the market doesn't rate him very highly anymore.

Do we think that the next person in charge of the club is more of a coach than a traditional manager?

I ask this with Adrian Bevington in mind, as I don't see how he technically fits into the current set up if the next person in charge is a "manager". Was he brought in to spearhead this new "moneyball" type operating model beyond Pulis?

I guess if the answer is yes, then does mean we finally get some continuation from one manager to the next in terms of the types of players we recruit? is he our Monchi so to speak?

People know that Bevington's career has been in communications right?  He eventually became FA Communications Director and before that he was within the communications department there.  Before joining the FA he was in various media roles and I think he's wrote some Boro books.  What would be know about moneyball, recruitment or indeed anything to do with the football side of things?  He's a Boro fan involved in journalism and PR.  Our Monchi?  :funny: :funny: :funny:

People know that Bevington's career has been in communications right?  He eventually became FA Communications Director and before that he was within the communications department there.  Before joining the FA he was in various media roles and I think he's wrote some Boro books.  What would be know about moneyball, recruitment or indeed anything to do with the football side of things?  He's a Boro fan involved in journalism and PR.  Our Monchi?  :funny: :funny: :funny:

I've said this before.

He was essentially the FA's PR guru. Why are people expecting him to have a vastly different role here? Yet another jobs for the boys appointment from the outside looking in given he has literally no experience in player recruitment.

"Adrian spent 17 years with the English FA, several as Managing Director of the England National team structure"

That doesn't sound like the guy who just does the communication aspect to me.

Re: Monchi - Bevington's title is "Head of Recruitment Operations" does that not encapsulate the role that Monchi did at Sevilla?

I've said this before.

He was essentially the FA's PR guru. Why are people expecting him to have a vastly different role here? Yet another jobs for the boys appointment from the outside looking in given he has literally no experience in player recruitment.

Because we like to give people jobs that they aren’t even remotely qualified for? :D

So I spoke to the young lady today who said that pulis wouldn't be given a new contract. She said that as far as she is aware nothing has changed. She expected it would be announced this week but maybe they are waiting for all the feedback from the season ticket non renewals before making it official.

I've said this before.

Because we like to give people jobs that they aren’t even remotely qualified for? :D

He is qualified local lad and has the latest version of football manager.

"Adrian spent 17 years with the English FA, several as Managing Director of the England National team structure"

Re: Monchi - Bevington's title is "Head of Recruitment Operations" does that not encapsulate the role that Monchi did at Sevilla?

And yet that's exactly what he is.  I think he still has his own PR firm as before he came here he was consulting.  He's been hired presumably on the basis of whatever contacts he's made over the years.  He is a PR guy that has been promoted upwards.

So I spoke to the young lady today who said that pulis wouldn't be given a new contract. She said that as far as she is aware nothing has changed. She expected it would be announced this week but maybe they are waiting for all the feedback from the season ticket non renewals before making it official.

Cheers for the update, if there waiting for the feedback from non renewals then it should make parting company with Pulis crystal clear

And yet that's exactly what he is.  I think he still has his own PR firm as before he came here he was consulting.  He's been hired presumably on the basis of whatever contacts he's made over the years.  He is a PR guy that has been promoted upwards.

More importantly he’s a Boro lad. Another job for the boys.