oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Hopefully this is just the start of a bright new chapter of MFC. I hope whoever the appointment is that everyone feels capable of getting behind them and unite as a fan-base once more. Can't say I'd be jumping through hoops for Hughton despite the job he's done in this division but I'm willing to give whoever comes in a chance at giving us something to cheer for.

Out of interest, assuming this news follows through and Pulis leaves, how many will choose to renew if you can before we find out who replaces him?

The early bird deadline has gone. Provided Pulis does leave I will renew as soon as they are back on sale.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

"Higher ups want to make an appointment that brings a more attacking and adventurous style of play"

Sounds familiar it almost sounds like the same exact remit they had when they chased Monk that worked out great you hire this attacking genius coach give them 6 months then hire a steady hand Pulis type to dismantle that team the other guy built.

Round and round in circles we go where it ends I really don't know.

The managers who fit this supposed remit are few and far between as well going to be interesting if we go flavour of the month again I'm disappointed myself because this path doesn't suit the squad we have the smart play is to get a counter attacking coach you can't play that kind of football with a Tony Pulis squad overnight.

"Higher ups want to make an appointment that brings a more attacking and adventurous style of play"

Sounds familiar it almost sounds like the same exact remit they had when they chased Monk that worked out great you hire this attacking genius coach give them 6 months then hire a steady hand Pulis type to dismantle that team the other guy built.

The managers who fit this supposed remit are few and far between as well going to be interesting if we go flavour of the month again I'm disappointed myself because this path doesn't suit the squad we have the smart play is to get a counter attacking coach you can't play that kind of football with a Tony Pulis squad overnight.

Monk isn't and never was a attacking coach.

Bloody fantastic news if he's gone, delightful!

I'm not overly enamoured with Hughton, he's still a defensive coach for me, but after putting up with Pulis it would be like watching Barcelona.

I'm still wanting Jokanovic as a strong first choice, after that I'd love a promising young coach like a Arteta. It's generally worked out well for us with Robbo/Karanka and McLaren.

Most of the players weren’t signed by Pulis.

You were wanting rid of Monk at the time too - as were most fans - this comment makes it sound like a kneejerk reaction that fans didn't agree with.

Ahhh, this is happy reading. Considering the Gazette is effectively the clubs propagandamachine I can't see it being anything but true. Interesting who they will hire. Lot's of decent names available. My unemployed shortlist:

1. Kasper Hjulman

2. Slavisa Jokanovic

3. Chris Hughton

Now don't go slaughter me for suggesting a Danish manager. I can only suggest those that I know. He's second to none when it comes to handling youth and bringing them through. Both defensive and attacking. Probably has the best eye for talent in Danish football. Is very reliant on the academy and plays some very good passing football.

The safe choice will obviously be Jokanovic due to the way he plays and a history of getting promoted. I guess most supporters will back him. The same can be said about Hughton although he is a big more conservative but still a massive upgrade on Pulis. I just think that Hjulman is a better longterm solution with some real potential. Downside is obviously that he has no experience from English football. He's managed in the Bundesliga though and in the Champions League.

The thing with Jokanovic is I think we'd be looking at a 3 year rebuild minimum, we barely have any players that could play his brand of football. I'd be excited by the appointment but it would definitely require a lot more patience than we've seen at the club since being relegated...

The thing with Jokanovic is I think we'd be looking at a 3 year rebuild minimum, we barely have any players that could play his brand of football. I'd be excited by the appointment but it would definitely require a lot more patience than we've seen at the club since being relegated...

We need a couple of wingers and fullbacks. That shouldn't be unattainable with the exits of a few ie Braithwaite, Gestede and the high earning dross that's out of contract/loan.

Think this also shows that they probably did take the fan survey seriously.

I think maybe the timing of the announcement could be down to the fan survey.

They clearly read the email I sent yesterday and acted on it. Well done Boro.

We need a couple of wingers and fullbacks. That shouldn't be unattainable with the exits of a few ie Braithwaite, Gestede and the high earning dross that's out of contract/loan.

But then not many in our current defence, midfield, striking options - even the goal keeper - have the ability to play possession football and control a game in an oppositions half.

Think this also shows that they probably did take the fan survey seriously.

I think maybe the timing of the announcement could be down to the fan survey.

They clearly read the email I sent yesterday and acted on it. Well done Boro.

And well done edinboro