oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

It's strange for the Gazette to change tune from essentially being 'he probably shouldn't keep his job' to 'he's not keeping his job' if they weren't aware of a development indicating the latter. If Pulis gets a new contract, I think they'd have to backtrack on the knowledge that article indicates and after the furore over the past couple of seasons between the club and paper, it would be a strange time to go on a hunch. I think he's going.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

The thing with Jokanovic is I think we'd be looking at a 3 year rebuild minimum, we barely have any players that could play his brand of football. I'd be excited by the appointment but it would definitely require a lot more patience than we've seen at the club since being relegated...

We need a couple of wingers and fullbacks. That shouldn't be unattainable with the exits of a few ie Braithwaite, Gestede and the high earning dross that's out of contract/loan.

But then not many in our current defence, midfield, striking options - even the goal keeper - have the ability to play possession football and control a game in an oppositions half.

Really? 

Two new fullbacks and two wingers who can

Fry can

Saville, Wing and Howson can

Tav can learn

Then we have two decent strikers in Britt and Fletcher. 

And we really don't want to change keeper if we can avoid it.

I agree with BD, they're all capable of playing decent football at this level if they're allowed.  Christ even Ayala was looking like Beckenbauer at times under Karanka.

We also have Braithwaite who may be happy to stay under an attacking manager

I know genuinely no one else will care, but why does everyone spell it Houghton? It’s Hughton! The amount of Houghtons I’ve seen on Twitter today is ruining my day :)

On that boring note, what’s everyone else’s pet hate for a spelling mistake of a Boro player?

‘Negrado’ used to really grate on me too,

The relief is almost tangible, this is now public knowledge and there can be no way this information is going to be reversed.

Would expect a mutual departure statement within 36 hours

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for him leaving as long as Woodgate doesn't take over.

I think some of us are going to be very disappointed in the next 48 hours.

What about that proof that Pulis is signing a new deal?

I know genuinely no one else will care, but why does everyone spell it Houghton? It’s Hughton! The amount of Houghtons I’ve seen on Twitter today is ruining my day :)

On that boring note, what’s everyone else’s  pet hate for a spelling mistake of a Boro player?

Quedrue is mine, everyone forgets the 2nd 'u'. And everyone who called him Kwed-roo rather than Kuh-druh.

The Northern Echo & Gazette both went in on Pulis I think they've had wind of him going last week. Just want that one headline on the front page of the EG, PULIS GONE, and lets get back to loving our football club.

On that boring note, what’s everyone else’s  pet hate for a spelling mistake of a Boro player?

Not spelling related but there are still people who pronounce Juninho Ju-jin-iho.  They are usually from the older generation though so maybe it's an issue with false teeth.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for him leaving as long as Woodgate doesn't take over.

I think some of us are going to be very disappointed in the next 48 hours.

What about that proof that Pulis is signing a new deal?

Said I wasn't posting proof. Happy if i'm wrong. I just think people are putting the horse before the cart.

Quedrue is mine, everyone forgets the 2nd 'u'. And everyone who called him Kwed-roo rather than Kuh-druh.

The amount of people who used to spell Schwarzer with a "t" before the "z" used to do my head in.