oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Am I too late?

Been trying to register for a while on and off but the forum systems thought I was a spammer. Anyway I've finally got on - cheers admin.

I'm a Stoke supporter (feel free to abuse away). Pulis achieved so much for us, but Jeez, after 10 years of eye-bleedingly bad football there was a party to end all partys going on in my head when he left.

We're pretty much back where we were when he initially took over at Stoke in the early 2000s, but I wouldn't have him back in a million years.

You're lucky he's been found out so quickly. Can you imagine 10 whole years of his 'football'?

I have had four between WBA and Boro and it has nearly killed my love of football roll on the non Pulis future

West Brom and Boro? How did that happen?

Born in Boro live in the Midlands now. The worst of all worlds it seems in recent times lol

Aye, it doesn't get much more desolate than the heartlands of Stoke. Probably best I stay away from politics though.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Am I too late?

Been trying to register for a while on and off but the forum systems thought I was a spammer. Anyway I've finally got on - cheers admin.

I'm a Stoke supporter (feel free to abuse away). Pulis achieved so much for us, but Jeez, after 10 years of eye-bleedingly bad football there was a party to end all partys going on in my head when he left.

We're pretty much back where we were when he initially took over at Stoke in the early 2000s, but I wouldn't have him back in a million years.

You're lucky he's been found out so quickly. Can you imagine 10 whole years of his 'football'?

I have had four between WBA and Boro and it has nearly killed my love of football roll on the non Pulis future

West Brom and Boro? How did that happen?

Born in Boro live in the Midlands now. The worst of all worlds it seems in recent times lol

So votes for the next Manager?

Any thoughts?

Young?hungry?attack minded?

Or a more save pair of hands?

Has to be from outside of the club, fresh idea's, new approach,new contacts,more youth

I'll give a chance to anyone that comes in, I just don't want it to be one of the old guard (Sam, pardew etc).

It's easy to say "someone exciting" but who knows how certain young managers are going to set up. I just want an entertaining brand of football and in an ideal world some of the youth would be given a chance and would hopefully be good enough to hold down a place.

I know nothing, just ask the wife, but I'd happily accept another young manager who is happy to use us as a stepping stone as long as they play proper football. To misquote Mr Clough if the ball was meant to be played through the air God would have put grass on the sky.

Hate to worry everyone, but are we sure he's gone? Only the gazette article saying he's gone but nothing on the official website.

Admittedly, the gazette source for the story must be very high up for them to print this story, unless someone at the boro wants to the gazette to look very bad.

Just saying like

Hate to worry everyone, but are we sure he's gone? Only the gazette article saying he's gone but nothing on the official website.

Admittedly, the gazette source for the story must be very high up for them to print this story, unless someone at the boro wants to the gazette to look very bad.

Just saying like

Northern Echo has the same story with more info. It said the club wanted to talk to him last week, but circumstances meant they couldn't. He's down in Bournemouth and Gibson will talk to him this week, either face to face or by the phone. He knew the writing was on the wall and it sounds like he's went off home and didn't bother to stay to speak to Gibson.

As far as new managers go my choices would be:

Old: Chris Hughton

Young: Sol Campbell

Just saying like

I suspect that the club have unofficially asked the Gazette to leak the information. 

The club cannot say anything themselves while Pulis is still in post - if they did he would potentially be able to claim constructive dismissal (which would be expensive for the club - even if Pulis lost, and the club avoided a payout and legal costs, there would be a lot of negative stuff played out at tribunal or in court).

It's all sounding good! It's taken me ages to catch up with this thread, but I do feel more positive about the Boro now! :)

It’s all been a dream BU. He’s still here :)

In case nobody else has said it by now, welcome to the forum Gas and Dreamkiller. Pulis has a knack for bringing football fans together (to celebrate his imminent departure).

As for who should replace him, here are a few thoughts:

Established coach: Hughton. Knows how to get clubs out of the Championship, and will seem like Guardiola after Pulis. Nice guy, been around the block, and only resorted to 5-4--------------1 at Brighton as a survival mechanism.

Rookie coach: Paul Scholes. Brilliant player, impeccable contacts book, could teach our midfielders how to venture beyond the halfway line, poorly treated at Oldham and doesn't seem to speak without weighing up his choice of words.

Wild card: Phil Parkinson. Achieved great things with Bradford (league cup final as an L2 team, beating ***nal, promotion to L1) but they fell apart and got relegated after he left. Worked miracles at Bolton given the chaos of everything going on there. Plus he comes across as intelligent and humble, and IMO he managed to get career-best performances out of players like James Hanson and Mark Yeates.

Would love to see us go bold and go for someone like Bowyer or Campbell. Didn’t like either of them as players but they have both done brilliant jobs this season.

Hughton would be a great choice for us too, he has worked wonders with Brighton. Not particularly bothered with this negative football he apparently plays, let’s be honest he won’t be playing 5 at the back at home to Wigan.

Steve Clarke, jokanovic, Arteta so many good managers we could bring to the club, just hope the club actually shows some ambition because if we make the wrong appointment again we will be in this league a very long time

Just saying like

I suspect that the club have unofficially asked the Gazette to leak the information. 

The club cannot say anything themselves while Pulis is still in post - if they did he would potentially be able to claim constructive dismissal (which would be expensive for the club - even if Pulis lost, and the club avoided a payout and legal costs, there would be a lot of negative stuff played out at tribunal or in court).

There's no way the Gazette or the Echo would print something this big without having a) accurate intel, and b) the say-so from the club. 

It would make them look absolutely ridiculous if it wasn't true, and not only that, it could land them in hot water (again) with the top brass at the club. 

I think it's safe to assume that a statement including the words 'parted company' will be forthcoming in the near future.

Not sure why the club can’t say anything from a legal point of view. His contract expires soon and we can announce it will not be renewed, it’s happened at other clubs, nothing wrong with that.

I think the club just want to do the decent thing and inform him face to face first. But if he’s ran away to avoid it then just announce it through twitter or something to annoy him.