• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

And why would a 12 month rolling contact mean he had to paid 12 months salary when the current 12 months contract still has a month to go? Makes no sense.

A 12 month rolling contract means he always has 12 months left. It wouldn't matter whether you sacked him tomorrow or in 6 months time, you'd have to pay him 12 months salary at the time he was sacked.

Equally, if he was poached by another club, they'd have to pay Boro 12 months of his salary in compensation.

This is assuming he has a rolling contract. I have no idea whether he has or not.

Ahhh ok. That makes sense. But stupid sense. Which business man in their right mind would agree to such a stupid contract in a game that can change so quickly.

And why would a 12 month rolling contact mean he had to paid 12 months salary when the current 12 months contract still has a month to go? Makes no sense.

A 12 month rolling contract means he always has 12 months left. It wouldn't matter whether you sacked him tomorrow or in 6 months time, you'd have to pay him 12 months salary at the time he was sacked.

Equally, if he was poached by another club, they'd have to pay Boro 12 months of his salary in compensation.

This is assuming he has a rolling contract. I have no idea whether he has or not.

Not convinced this is the case.

What you’re describing is a 12 month notice period.

A 12 month rolling contract would renew once a year and have a defined notice period (I’d assume a month but it could be longer) but wouldn’t necessarily be as you described.

it would be interesting to revisit the poll at the top of this thread to see if the percentages have changed at all. regardless, I hope we get a bit of luck with the next appointment as all options include risk!

A 12 month rolling contract would renew once a year and have a defined notice period (I’d assume a month but it could be longer) but wouldn’t necessarily be as you described.

A quick google search and it seems dreamkiller is correct.

A 12 month rolling contract always has 12 months left to run. So if Gibson sacks him tomorrow he would have to pay him 12 months wage if he waits until October to sack him he would still have to pay him 12 months wages.

Fair enough Will. I'm nay contractual expert, but I know we always referred to it as a rolling contract and it worked as I described while Pulis was at Stoke. Whether we were technically right in calling it a rolling contract, I have no idea.

I'd also say if he had a 12-month rolling contract and it did mean you'd have to pay him another 12 months wages regardless of when you got rid of him, it would be very strange to leave it until now to do it. You'd think if we we'd decided to get shot we'd do it ASAP.

He wouldn't need these "talks" with Gibson of he had a rolling contract. He'd just plod on as is.

And all the talk was an 18 month contract. No one mentioned a rolling contract until now.

Ahhh ok. That makes sense. But stupid sense. Which business man in their right mind would agree to such a stupid contract in a game that can change so quickly.

It kind of gives both sides an element of protection without the numbers getting ridiculous I suppose. Imagine what you'd have to pay if you'd given him a 5-year contract. Suddenly a 12 month payment starts to look more attractive.

Screw the FA. They took our manager at a very crucial time. Much worse than just a coach.

Definitely, I think we would look out for ourselves first and foremost. But I don't think Neville would want to do that. I'm pretty sure his primary focus right now will be on the World Cup. After all, if England win it, I imagine he'll be in greater demand, perhaps even a top flight job offer.

I hope Boro will embrace the new wave of coaching in football, rather than going down the route of the old guard. I'd be more than happy to invest money into the squad by managerial changes than transfers. I don't think we're far off in terms of players, but we certainly need a new ethos of coaching.

Loans and freebie sales could set the foundations. Wide areas of cheap loans or frees would plug gaps for a year.

What are peoples thoughts on John Terry to replace Pulis. A born leader with impeccable coaching badges and experience of the Championship. I watched him tonight against WBA and he had a big input as to how Villa set up and the players seem to think the world of him. Would seem to tick quite a few boxes, what do you think as a long term project leader

What are peoples thoughts on John Terry to replace Pulis. A born leader with impeccable coaching badges and experience of the Championship. I watched him tonight against WBA and he had a big input as to how Villa set up and the players seem to think the world of him. Would seem to tick quite a few boxes, what do you think as a long term project leader

Can't stand the man. Read too much negative stuff about him and his character. Not for me..

Terry has been suggested on here before, but he's a walking ASBO just as much as Woodgate. Talented and wholehearted player, but an 'orrible scumbag as a person by all accounts, and not the sort of man I'd imagine would represent MFC positively.

He makes Nigel Pearson look like Nigel Adkins. In fact, what about Pearson? Laid the foundations for Leicester's PL-winning squad, a Boro legend, and currently available.