• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

The most worrying thing about Woody potentially getting the job for me is that I can imagine it almost definitely means Pulis staying on in some capacity...

a Woodgate appointment would smack of a stingyer version of  Moggas (and Southgates) remit.

plus  he and Downing are too close socially to SG. for me  to  warm to it in any way.  cant see it appeasing the  masses  or ending well  for any parties .  SG has a lot to re gain or  lose depending on who he plumps for .

The most worrying thing about Woody potentially getting the job for me is that I can imagine it almost definitely means Pulis staying on in some capacity...

That's what I'd been told was to happen a while back. 

Then the other day was told it's definitely not happening. Some U-turn if it is. 

Really hope it doesn't, I don't mind Woodgate getting the job as long as he's capable and it's not the ultimate jobs for the boys. 

Look how Gerrard, Lampard & Sol Campbell have taken to it.

Let's not forget that Woodgate is mates with all the plastic gangsters in the area (and some not-so plastic ones.)

Do we really want that kind of association with the club?

I hope you're wrong, Smoggydownsouth. I'd rather Pulis stay in charge than Woodgate.

If it's true.. give him a chance before crucifying him.. deffo not my first choice but obviously someone has seen something in him. It's a chance for us all to move on from Pulis.

that something being a Teesside accent

What's a plastic gangster?

A wonnabe?

I think I've lost a bit of confidence and despite SG rescuing the club at the moment and considering recent history I'm hoping for a bigger change than a new manager. If that's a sympathetic new owner or SG appointing someone who knows what they're doing and then stepping back I don't care but what I don't want is disappointment after disappointment again, or not for a while anyway, and the buck does IMO stop with SG.

I heard about a month ago that Woodgate had told his family and close friends that he's got the job.

This is 100% legit, the only hope is that it's either Woodgate and his mates winding people up or the club putting out false information.

What's a plastic gangster?

A wonnabe?

I think I've lost a bit of confidence and despite SG rescuing the club at the moment and considering recent history I'm hoping for a bigger change than a new manager. If that's a sympathetic new owner or SG appointing someone who knows what they're doing and then stepping back I don't care but what I don't want is disappointment after disappointment again, or not for a while anyway, and the buck does IMO stop with SG.

It's a well known fact that a large percentage of nightclubs and pubs in boro are owned by people involved in shady business dealings, and Woody is friends with them all going back to his days as a hellraiser.

For me the key question is this... if Woodgate wasn't a local lad who had played for the club, would he even be being considered for the job right now? People saying give him a chance.... why?!? This isn't a charity or a Sunday league team where everyone gets to have a go because they're an alright bloke.

Its a very highly paid role within a professional club that means a lot to a lot of people ffs, give the job to the best qualified person. A.K.A someone who can pass their badges and has even a small demonstrable record of success as a coach.

If this happens then it just sums up our small club 'jobs for the boys' mentality. I wonder if Norwich's title win is tainted because Farke doesn't speak with an East Anglian accent?