oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

They 100% are looking for the total football model. Would Woody fit that bill? Serving under Poolips

Have you not heard any names?

For total football I’d guess you’d look at foreign, still praying for arteta but would be very happy with Paul cook or even stendel.

Nah. Absolutely nothing apart from the approach they want. Even then its from murmurs outside the club but in pretty close champ circles. Not disputing Lurker or Smoggydownsouth though as i haven't heard its not Woody either haha. Just doesn't fit the bill is all

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Woodgate would certainly get fans back on side and I suppose it’s no different to Lampard or Gerrard walking into a job at a decent level, but you can’t help feel this is just another jobs for the boys situation, which is why this club will never go anywhere

I don’t think woodgate would get the fans back on side at all, the opposite effect of anything.

It’s not that it’s woodgate, it’s just that yet again there’s not much to get excited about, more of the same, uninspiring.

I just can’t see it happening, I still think it’s a rumour that’s been put around by someone at the club as a joke/distraction and woodgate along with downing will leave the club in summer.

They 100% are looking for the total football model. Would Woody fit that bill? Serving under Poolips

Of course we are.  It wouldn't be Boro if Gibson wasn't veering from one extreme to another like some crazed drunk driver weaving all over the road.

Woodgate would certainly get fans back on side and I suppose it’s no different to Lampard or Gerrard walking into a job at a decent level, but you can’t help feel this is just another jobs for the boys situation, which is why this club will never go anywhere

It's quite different.  Lampard and Gerrard weren't appointed at clubs they'd played at or already been at in some form.  They had to leave their comfort zones and try and make a go of it somewhere else.  So far neither of them has been really been successful.  Derby haven't looked especially good this season and finishing a touch ahead of us is hardly an achievement.  Rangers are better but still behind Celtic at least for the moment.

Lot of itkers with completely contradictory information! Really interesting to see what happens at the end of it all.

What time is the press conference supposed to be?

Pulis extension will be revealed at 666 hours.

Lot of itkers with completely contradictory information! Really interesting to see what happens at the end of it all.

Press release not press conference.  I'd guess at in the morning but other people may know if there's a specific time they do stuff like that?

Press release not press conference.  I'd guess at in the morning but other people may know if there's a specific time they do stuff like that?

No doubt it will be a completely random time. 14:26 or something

Smoggydownsouth and Lurker, have you heard anything about Hughton or Karanka possibly being our next manager?.

SDS literally posted 6 minutes before you saying it's Woodgate he's heard.

Smoggydownsouth has mentioned a few times about different sources so I was checking if he had heard any sources mentioning Hughton or Karanka. It was more out of desperation by me as the prospect of Woodgate taking over is massively concerning. More jobs for the boys by Gibson.

Surely if it is pulis leaving being made official tomorrow and woodgate was the man then it would be a press conference unveiling him.

With it being a press release it leads me to think its pulis leaving but no decision has yet been made on the next manager.

Arteta has definitely been for a visit. Rumours of reiziger and GVB along with the want to change the style of football makes me think that woodgate is the fallback option if Gibson can't get one of his preferred options for the right price.

I wouldn't be expecting a new manager to be announced for a short while yet

At the end of the day if it is JW, at least give him a chance before having a meltdown. We’re going to get no where with the never ending toxic atmosphere.

Give him a chance? We are talking about a multi-million business here. This should not be jobs for the boys.

Woodgate has a great pedigree as a player, but that will not make him a great manager. He also has something of a reputation as a LAD. Do we really want to bring the beer-swilling culture back to MFC?

The toxic atmosphere is only the result of mismanagement and bad decision-making on the part of MFC. You can’t blame the fans for that. We should not give Woodgate a chance – let him make his mistakes elsewhere and come back with a bit of experience.

Surely if it is pulis leaving being made official tomorrow and woodgate was the man then it would be a press conference unveiling him.

With it being a press release it leads me to think its pulis leaving but no decision has yet been made on the next manager.

Arteta has definitely been for a visit. Rumours of reiziger and GVB along with the want to change the style of football makes me think that woodgate is the fallback option if Gibson can't get one of his preferred options for the right price.

I wouldn't be expecting a new manager to be announced for a short while yet

So your like 100% certain arteta has been up here? If that’s true then surely he’s our number 1 target and therefore surely he will have money to spend also?

Woodgate won't unite the fans, there's a lot of people who I've spoken to who don't want him.

I don't think the comparison with Gerrard or Lampard is a good comparison either, both of them were pretty good pro's and got the most out of their playing careers. Woodgate had bags of potential as a player which was never fulfilled because of an unprofessional lifestyle, people will say he's changed but he still hangs around with the same scrotes he did years ago, you would think he might have learnt his lesson after being lucky not to end up in jail.