oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Karanka's interview made it clear that he wants a project in which he will be given a few seasons to build a promotion winning squad, so maybe his high pressure intensive approach may have mellowed somewhat. If Karanka has mellowed his fiery side and can fit into Gibson's vision of wanting to give youngsters like Fry, Tavernier and Wing regular game time then his return would make more sense.

It's quite funny that the majority of our fans criticise every manager for not playing enough of our academy players and youngsters. Karanka is regularly criticised for not playing enough academy players here but it's worth noting that Ben Gibson established himself as a very high quality defender during his tenure. Reach got lots of game time which was to the annoyance of a large section of fans because he wasn't the most creative of wingers. Fry got some game time under Karanka too. That makes me confident that if they're good enough then they'll be given the chance.

I think for me, the main positive about potentially re-hiring of Karanka is that he is a known quantity on and off the pitch and i think there is a lot of PR you can spin to bring the fans back round short term.

Gibson and Karanka appear to have remained close and maybe Karanka has learnt through being elsewhere how good it really is at Boro?

Also people are very quick to point out how rubbish the football was in the PL under Karanka, but I truly believe the best footballing Boro side i've seen was Karanka's play off final team.

We wouldn't need a seismic shift in personnel if Karanka came back.

People say never go back to old managers - Eddie Howe worked out alright at Bournemouth!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I've always wondered how much of the dressing room split under Karanka was Hispanic players vs English players and how much of it was the players vs the manager. There's definite reports of Downing and a few trying to get him sacked, but considering how eager he is to put his hat in the ring maybe he hadn't lost the dressing room that badly?

A few sources (Skysports and a respected newspaper which I can't remember) have said that getting Karanka back would be too expensive for us as we're looking for a cheaper option. That's making me think that we're probably going to go for a relatively unknown from a foreign league or a village idiot like Woodgate.

Karanka's interview made it clear that he wants a project in which he will be given a few seasons to build a promotion winning squad, so maybe his high pressure intensive approach may have mellowed somewhat. If Karanka has mellowed his fiery side and can fit into Gibson's vision of wanting to give youngsters like Fry, Tavernier and Wing regular game time then his return would make more sense.

It's quite funny that the majority of our fans criticise every manager for not playing enough of our academy players and youngsters. Karanka is regularly criticised for not playing enough academy players here but it's worth noting that Ben Gibson established himself as a very high quality defender during his tenure. Reach got lots of game time which was to the annoyance of a large section of fans because he wasn't the most creative of wingers. Fry got some game time under Karanka too. That makes me confident that if they're good enough then they'll be given the chance.

I think for me, the main positive about potentially re-hiring of Karanka is that he is a known quantity on and off the pitch and i think there is a lot of PR you can spin to bring the fans back round short term.

Gibson and Karanka appear to have remained close and maybe Karanka has learnt through being elsewhere how good it really is at Boro?

Also people are very quick to point out how rubbish the football was in the PL under Karanka, but I truly believe the best footballing Boro side i've seen was Karanka's play off final team.

People say never go back to old managers - Eddie Howe worked out alright at Bournemouth!

Mate, he had a major meltdown. No thanks.. he was sacked..

If you get sacked for being crap at your job in any other job you would not be welcomed back with open arms

I've always wondered how much of the dressing room split under Karanka was Hispanic players vs English players and how much of it was the players vs the manager. There's definite reports of Downing and a few trying to get him sacked, but considering how eager he is to put his hat in the wrong maybe he hadn't lost the dressing room that badly?

Lots of players from that time (including English ones) came out and said how much they liked him and congratulated him when he got the forest job on Twitter etc. There were obviously issues but I think the whole blaming it all on karanka thing wasnt accurate, based on that.

Mate, he had a major meltdown.  No thanks..  he was sacked..

If you get sacked for being crap at your job in any other job you would not be welcomed back with open arms

Was Karanka crap at his job?.

If a manager is sacked it does not mean he done a crap job. You're missing out the progression that we made under him before him getting the sack in the Premier League.

Another note on Pulis going, that's a massive amount off our wage bill now. Another positive.

It'll be nice not paying a manager over £3m a year to serve up drivel and spout nonsense each week.

How much do you think Karanka would be on a year (going from his previous wage in the Championship here)?. Additionally, do you know what sort yearly cost we'd be willing to spend on getting a manager here?.

Another note on Pulis going, that's a massive amount off our wage bill now. Another positive.

It'll be nice not paying a manager over £3m a year to serve up drivel and spout nonsense each week.

How much do you think Karanka would be on a year (going from his previous wage in the Championship here)?. Additionally, do you know what sort yearly cost we'd be willing to spend on getting a manager here?.

Karanka was paid 300k per year last time he was here..

Pulis contract expires summer end therefore I believe he has been paid out or on gardening leave. I also believe we will have a caretaker in place before a new manager, I hope it’s not Woodgate. SG had no option but to do what he has, the fans spoke out.

Why would a contract run till the end of summer, that makes no sense? I read earlier it expired yesterday

I thought I read somewhere his contact expires in the summer. I got it wrong.

Karanka was paid 300k per year last time he was here..

that's quite a difference from £3m a year Pulis!

Mate, he had a major meltdown. No thanks.. he was sacked..

Football Management isn't the same as any other job, so i dont think we can make that comparison. I take your point on the meltdown but in my mind, he was the best thing to happen to this football club for some time and that counts for a lot when the stakes are as high as they are in football.