oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Random names in the betting

Tim Walter 7/2

John van den Brom 25/1

Tim Walter worked with the Bayern youth set-ups I think? He manages as German side now... Can't remember whic and can't be ***d Googling on the *** theatre WiFi...

Holstein Kiel

Just seen a German article that says he's off to Stuttgart imminently...

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

some new quotes from Gibson. Looks like They are going to take time over this.

This is worrying. I read the piece in the Echo and it all sounds bit bizarre. 

"We grieved a little bit because we didn’t make the play-offs and we grieve because Tony has left, but we’ll be rejuvenated in a week," says Gibson. 

Who grieved because Tony left? Nobody on OneBoro, that's for sure. This makes it sound that everyone wanted Pulis to stay.

And how does "We'll be rejuvenated in a week" square with "there isn’t a timescale. The most important thing is that we get it right."

So irrespective of this timescale, which suggests that we might still be without a manager this time next year, we can expect a new manager within a week?

That sounds to me like we wanted Pulis to stay but he decided to leave.

Surely that settles this contract rubbish ‘he signed an 18 month contract and we decided not to go forward’.

Contract was up, no rolling contracts, no pay offs.

Isn’t van den brom the alkmaar manager?

Yes, his win% is pretty decent wherever he has been according ti wiki, but I haven’t really heard of him.

Ben Gibson credit's Woody with developing his game. So maybe he can coach.

The club will make its mind up and we'll bitch we didn't get our personal choice.

Personally I'd love Arteta but we'll see what happens UTB

"We grieved a little bit because we didn’t make the play-offs and we grieve because Tony has left, but we’ll be rejuvenated in a week," says Gibson. 

Who grieved because Tony left? Nobody on OneBoro, that's for sure. This makes it sound that everyone wanted Pulis to stay.

And how does "We'll be rejuvenated in a week" square with "there isn’t a timescale. The most important thing is that we get it right."

So irrespective of this timescale, which suggests that we might still be without a manager this time next year, we can expect a new manager within a week?

100% that's what hes saying. Very worrying.

100% that's what hes saying. Very worrying.

It’s not what he’s saying. Him and Pulis were clearly good friends and on a personal level he’s sad about him leaving, in the next paragraph he says that both of them knew it was time for the club to look forwards:

“both of us were sad about the thought of not going forward, but we felt that was the right thing to do.”

I’m so genuinely excited about a team consisting at least with 3 to 5 academy lads in it. Fearless, energetic football. With a bit of experience to keep it cool. Ayala, Clayton, Saville, Britt to be complimented by some pace and attacking intent.

Plus if there's ever any controversies it would have to be called Woodgategate, which just sounds silly.

Especially after Southgategate

I’m so genuinely excited about a team consisting at least with 3 to 5 academy lads in it. Fearless, energetic football. With a bit of experience to keep it cool. Ayala, Clayton, Saville, Britt to be complimented by some pace and attacking intent.

Fwiw Ayala's contract is up next year so you'd think there will be a decision on his future this summer.

Surely that settles this contract rubbish ‘he signed an 18 month contract and we decided not to go forward’.

Contract was up, no rolling contracts, no pay offs.

Isn’t van den brom the alkmaar manager?

Yes, his win% is pretty decent wherever he has been according ti wiki, but I haven’t really heard of him.

Leaving them this summer after leading then into Europe again..