oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

PSG.. Red Bull.. Peter Kenyon

Literally yesterday Gibson did an interview saying the kids are going to play and Mboro complies with FFP. At some point you have start living in reality.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Xavi says he dreams of a Barca return but isn’t ready yet and he needs to go out and get some experience. Bring some of that barca dna here mr xavi. (I’ve got to stop drinking in the morning)

Good morning to you all, on this first day of the post Pulis era.

Let’s hope the club have a good long think about his successor and make an informed, calculated decision based on the players already in the squad and the budget available.

I certainly have not read anything in to SG comments on TP. I feel it is simply a case of SG being diplomatic and I would not expect anything less.

And if SG really thought TP had done a good job on the field he would have given him an additional year.

I think you missed my point. What seems to be a bit of a suggestion (including on reputable journalistic platforms like talksport) is that pulis is the one who has mad the decision to leave. What I was saying is that the comments from Gibson dont refute that, in fact it seems to support that. So if pulis is the one to have walked, what would have happened if he didnt? Would his contract have been renewed? And as a back up to that are we going to appoint someone to carry on his work?

That's why I'm worried.

It said in the article.

Pulis’ contract was up for renewal next month but it was decided not to extend it and Gibson informed him of the decision over dinner on Wednesday night in London.

If it was pulis who had decided to leave why would Gibson have to tell him he’s contract was not getting extended. He would of already knew. But I have been saying since pulis came to the club pulis was appointed because he suited the direction Gibson wanted the club to go in.

Gibson is clearly not a football man in reality.

If we look at his appointments, I think they can be put into 3 categories (and feel free to shoot me down)

Punts (and Quite lucky) - Robson, Karanka and Mclaren. Punts because none of them were tried and tested. Bought in as big name former players or 2nds to big name managers. Robson attracted big name players, Karanka got all the fans onside with a kind-of seige mentality and Mclaren took us to our only trophy despite some awful football. All 3 united and had the fans onside.

Fan favourites - Southgate and Mowbray. Given time by the fans because they are legends of the club and fans understood that they were put in no win Situations.

Tried and tested, safe bets - Strachan and Pulis. The two times that Gibson has actually tried to use some footballing nouse he has shown that his footballing decisions are bloody awful.

I'm leaving out Agnew as he was clearly a stop gap though yet again a bloody awful appointment.

Gibson has clearly proved that he has no footballing knowledge when it comes to appointing managers. In fact, the few times that he has gained success or had the fans onside is when he has taken an unproven manager.

On this basis he clearly needs to bring in arteta (or hire someone to run the footballing side of the club to decide on the next manager)

Probably the reason that Kenyon is massively involved in the recruitment process.

This makes me feel a bit better.

In the run up to the 2017 General Election Steve Gibson sent a letter to all residents of the Stockton South constituency advocating the re-election of James Wharton. That told me everything about Gibson's judgement Boro related or not.

Why would a rich person advocate voting Tory?

Alan Nixon saying Woody is in pole position for the job

I wish the club would just let the fans down already :(

Wouldn’t be too concerned with that... he told me no way was Mikel signing for us even though I knew he had already started training with us...

Alan Nixon saying Woody is in pole position for the job

I wish the club would just let the fans down already :(

Wouldn’t be too concerned with that... he told me no way was Mikel signing for us even though I knew he had already started training with us...

He's probably just looking at the odds and saying the obvious thing.

Hes the same as most journalists on Twitter once in a blue moon he'll get a bit of inside information, the rest of the time he's just hedging his bets.

My local bookies wouldn’t take 20 on Mikel Arteta being our next manager. Said the maximum bet allowed was 15. I took it at 12/1