oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

My local bookies wouldn’t take 20 on Mikel Arteta being our next manager. Said the maximum bet allowed was 15. I took it at 12/1

I put £5 on at 14/1 on sky bet.

I think I would be happy if those bets come in and I don’t mean the money part

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Smoggydownsouth.

Do you believe Arteta has been to Rockcliffe? or anyone else?

Is Kenyon actively involved in the appointment?

Hopefully we might see some more changes?

Any news would be most welcome.

I honestly don't think that Woodgate is getting the job.

If SG wanted Woodgate he would have appointed him by now to start preparations for next season and also he wouldn't have got Kenyon in for help with the selection process

I think if Woodgate DOES get the job, the fact he hasn't been announced straight away and there's been 'deliberations' about it might just be a way of making it look like the club have done their due diligence, reviewed all the candidates, and decided that Woodgate is actually the best for the job.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but if he was announced straight away there would likely be a lot of talk of 'jobs for the boys', but by leaving it a couple of weeks they might be trying to send out the message that hiring Woodgate was a well thought out appointment, based on him being 'the best candidate'.

Smoggydownsouth.

Not something I’m aware of but it certainly doesn’t mean it has happened. Kenyon is more involved now than he has been in the last 4 years. Don’t really have any more news on managers.... in terms of club finances the goalposts have definitely shifted... less outlays more rough gems that can be polished so to speak... Tav Wingy Nathan wood , Walker , malley will all be involved in first team affairs

Smoggydownsouth.

Not something I’m aware of but it certainly doesn’t mean it has happened. Kenyon is more involved now than he has been in the last 4 years. Don’t really have any more news on managers.... in terms of club finances the goalposts have definitely shifted... less outlays more rough gems that can be polished so to speak... Tav Wingy Nathan wood , Walker , malley will all be involved in first team affairs

I don't have a problem with trying to bring the young players through but it does have the feeling of us trying to operate on a very small budget.

For that reason it's hard to imagine someone like Reiziger or another ambitious foreign coach coming here.

Seems we're being told that the new coach will be relying on the academy, what's happening with Brahimi?

Brahimi will be on the released list I suspect he is out of contract and refused to sign what we offered under TP as PSG and Lyon are sniffing

Seems we're being told that the new coach will be relying on the academy, what's happening with Brahimi?

Brahimi will be on the released list I suspect he is out of contract and refused to sign what we offered under TP as PSG and Lyon are sniffing

Not seen him but heard good things, pity though

:(

Not seen him but heard good things, pity though

Didn't he play in one of the Carabao Cup matches?

This is worrying. I read the piece in the Echo and it all sounds bit bizarre. 

"We grieved a little bit because we didn’t make the play-offs and we grieve because Tony has left, but we’ll be rejuvenated in a week," says Gibson. 

Who grieved because Tony left? Nobody on OneBoro, that's for sure. This makes it sound that everyone wanted Pulis to stay.

And how does "We'll be rejuvenated in a week" square with "there isn’t a timescale. The most important thing is that we get it right."

So irrespective of this timescale, which suggests that we might still be without a manager this time next year, we can expect a new manager within a week?

That sounds to me like we wanted Pulis to stay but he decided to leave.

100% that's what hes saying. Very worrying.

Not really. You can sack someone and still be remorseful about it. And anyway, what would you expect him to say? "Thank God Pulis is gone, he was useless"? I don't think that's Gibson's style, really.

Well the fact that he seems to think pulis has done such a great job is a little bit worrying no? It kinda gives the impression that if he could have he would have continued the way the club was going and may well pick someone who can keep us along the same tracks.

Just me that thought that?

I don't think the quotes make that suggestion at all to be honest. As Will said, the whole article in its entirety make it clear that Gibson made the decision that Pulis had to go.

At the end of the day, he's sacking someone he's obviously good friends with on a personal level, so he's going to talk him up.

If he thought Pulis had done a good job, he would have extended his contract. He is just doing damage control to keep the fans happy without harming his friendship with Pulis.