oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I thought Reizeiger was getting promoted at Ajax. Just speculating In my head. Happy for names to be added removed. I wonder if we can get a consensus by the end of the day?

Kompany now he’s left City?

I’d like him in as assistant player manager to Arteta but maybe I’m just being greedy :)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Tentatively optimistic... it sounds like Gibson is doing this the right way.

As with transfers though, I can see us having to compete with other clubs for our top manager targets. If Bielsa leaves Leeds that'll be another one to compete with.

I thought Reizeiger was getting promoted at Ajax. Just speculating In my head. Happy for names to be added removed. I wonder if we can get a consensus by the end of the day?

Kompany now he’s left City?

Interesting stuff. It sounds like the process used for AK. Actually assessing the candidates and their ability and interest in Boro. Expect loads of PowerPoints explaining why Randolph, Fry, Wing and Tav must not be sold.

Re people pricing themselves out I imagine they may include Arteta, unlikely to be Cowley, Walter.

So are we talking

Cowley

Walter

Woodgate

Karanka

??

??

who’s the other two?

Jokanovic I bet.

Hughton, forgot him. Would Jokanovic be in the too expensive list?

The Dutch options Reizeiger and GVB would hardly be in the too expensive bracket?

With the success of Farke, Stendel, Wagner and obviously Klopp I think if we go foreign it will be German. They seem happy to play youth in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.

Well we've heard that we might not be able to afford Karanka in a rumour already. So reckon he could be one of the names ruled out.

Expect the other to be Hughton, Jokanovic or, as an outsider's, GVB?

Cowley, Woody, Reiziger, Walter perhaps 4 of the 6? Arteta? Campbell?

Don't think Karanka is a realistic name, although him and Gibson were still on good terms when he left I was told that he left us with a totally divided dressing room. I don't think Rockcliffe was a happy place in Karanka's final few weeks which didn't go unnoticed.

Interesting that WBA are interviewing at the same time as us, I wonder who gets first pick? The front runners for the job are Johnson. Jokanavic and Hughton, with Alladyce (? really!) and Karanka and one other, (the Lincoln guy?) also being granted interviews. Personally I would be happy with Johnson at Boro, but if Albion want him then I think they are in a stronger position with the squad and money they have to do the deal

Absolutely no chance Karanka ever comes back.

The club desperately needs an appointment that will lift the fans. I hope the club realises this, Woodgate is not the answer.

If we aren't going to spend money on players then at least appoint someone that shows us some ambition and that the long term plan is still to get promotion.

Interesting that WBA are interviewing at the same time as us, I wonder who gets first pick? The front runners for the job are Johnson. Jokanavic and Hughton, with Alladyce (? really!) and Karanka and one other, (the Lincoln guy?) also being granted interviews. Personally I would be happy with Johnson at Boro, but if Albion want him then I think they are in a stronger position with the squad and money they have to do the deal

I don't think we're speaking to any of those except maybe Cowley so I doubt it changes much. Financially WBA are on a different planet to us.

Probably a good chance that the experiences ones are the guys pricing themselves out, so maybe 2 out of Karanka/Hughton and Jokanovic. Possibly Arteta due to his standing/wages he'll be on at City.

I'm quite excited about hiring a Reiziger/Gvb type. The German fella sounds interesting too.