• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

A name from left field would definitely create more hope a***st the fans than the usual suspects like Moyes, Allerdyce, Hughes etc. we need some new inspiration and input into the running of this club. If a new manager will include some of the younger players and actually have a tactic to score goals then he’ll be given time by the fans. Regardless of who comes in we should still aim for top 6. We do have some decent players here.

I think Karanka would be too divisive an appointment to be seriously considered. I think if he'd have come in after Monk, he'd have been a better option, but now Gibson really needs to get all the fans and players pulling in the same direction, and Karanka left with many detractors in both groups.

Rule out Jokanovic I would think he wants big ££ and AK won’t happen. Something in my gut says it could be a name from left field...

Stewie Downing? He played left of the field most of his career :)

Kasper Hjulmand is still out of employment. I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

He's brilliant with young players, used to a tight budget, he has international experience (albeit not too successful), some Champions League experience, and he's touted as the (next) big star of Danish managers.

He's a member of Common Goal, and known for being well liked by club and community.

He sets up for attractive, progressive football. He likes wing backs and actual wingers with pace. He's certainly more talented than Thomas Frank at Brentford.

The thing that always worries me about Scandinavian managers is will they set their teams up with that aggressive edge with 2 or 3 dirty ***ers rather than 11 footballers. Idk I just get the impression their teams are to ‘nice’ for English football. Same for the Dutch ones.

Is it possible to change the poll, maybe asking who people are wanting as our new manager?

Its very early days so I'm happy for Gibbo to take his time and get it right. The feelings coming out of the club are that they want a different philosophy and approach, let's just hope that materializes for us.

Nixon wasn’t far off on Pulis’ pay. He was getting £3.5m per year. Has to go down as Gibson’s worst appointment.

He also got a small percentage of sales

Nixon wasn’t far off on Pulis’ pay. He was getting £3.5m per year. Has to go down as Gibson’s worst appointment.

He also got a small percentage of sales

If this last part is true in particular then I've given up completely on Gibsons judgement. Nixon's comments also lend credence to the impression I got from gibsons comments that this was pulis's choice and not his.