oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I don't know why but Jokanovic doesn't really excite me, I really want to back to hiring a bit of an unknown quantity (Karanka, McClaren, Robson)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I don't know why but Jokanovic doesn't really excite me, I really want to back to hiring a bit of an unknown quantity (Karanka, McClaren, Robson)

I get where your coming from and although Jokanovic has been and probably still is my first choice a little bit of exciting unknown is very tempting. At least with Jokanovic you know you aren't going to be watching defensive football.

There’s talk in Italy about Pep to Juve (I doubt it’s true). Do you think this might open the door for Arteta to become a manager?

If Pep leaves (not going to happen), I can see them giving Arteta a chance at City.

Well Jokanovic plays the type of football that everyone is crying out for, if we want him then I guess it's just a case of can we afford him and can we afford to give him enough money to build a squid to fit his style?

I think it would be more a case of him interviewing us than the other way round.

On the Woodgate situation I was told by someone that knows him, apparently he's not giving a yes or no answer to people about whether he's gonna get the job. This is from the same person who Woodgate apparently told he had the job a few weeks ago. Read into to that what you will.

Jokanovic would fit the remit, Fulham played some of the best football I've ever seen in this division in their promotion season, a couple of recent promotions, the only question mark would be over his willingness to work with younger players. Looking at his time at Fulham he gave the Sessegnon brothers their debuts, and another 4 or 5 players over a couple of seasons, only Ryan Sessegnon went on to play a large part in his team, but he's not opposed to bringing younger players in.

You can't really argue with his record in this division but I know he turned Forest down last season and Daniel Taylor the journo had said his wage demands put him out of the reach of anyone in the championship, he's also rumoured to have turned down West Brom this season gone, and with our new financial constraints you'd think he might be a stretch.

Jokanovic would fit the remit, Fulham played some of the best football I've ever seen in this division in their promotion season, a couple of recent promotions, the only question mark would be over his willingness to work with younger players. Looking at his time at Fulham he gave the Sessegnon brothers their debuts, and another 4 or 5 players over a couple of seasons, only Ryan Sessegnon went on to play a large part in his team, but he's not opposed to bringing younger players in.

You can't really argue with his record in this division but I know he turned Forest down last season and Daniel Taylor the journo had said his wage demands put him out of the reach of anyone in the championship, he's also rumoured to have turned down West Brom this season gone, and with our new financial constraints you'd think he might be a stretch.

That's my gut feeling as well that he might be too expensive, always thought he might be someone who'd prefer to be in London as well.

The other way to look at the situation is how much would he cost in wages vs the typical big money signing? If it meant selling someone like Britt to fund a good manager then maybe it might be worth it.

That's more like it Keith! My first thought when it was revealed by the Gazette that we wanted to change our style of football was Jokanovic!

BREAKING NEWS:

@talkSPORT2 understands John Terry is a*** the top candidates to become the Middlesbrough manager.

Well, whoever said we’d hear something today is spot on. Two fresh candidates in the space of an hour.

BREAKING NEWS:

@talkSPORT2 understands John Terry is a*** the top candidates to become the Middlesbrough manager.

Well, whoever said we’d hear something today is spot on. Two fresh candidates in the space of an hour.

christ

BREAKING NEWS:

christ

Lock up your wives and girlfriends!

BREAKING NEWS:

A convicted fraud followed by a womanising racist. Surely not?