oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

14 minutes ago, BeardySmog said:

Someone has just told me that Simon Grayson is lined up to take over our U23s ?

If that’s the case then I would be concerned that woody has the job as there is no way SG doesn’t see him as the future... he is held in very high regard.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

If the announcement is Tuesday or Wednesday it tells me it could be JT and we are waiting for play off final to be over. There is no real reason to wait until Tues/Wed if it was Jok/Woodie. Hope my thinking is wrong as i desperately want it to be Jok.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

If that’s the case then I would be concerned that woody has the job as there is no way SG doesn’t see him as the future... he is held in very high regard.

That was my immediate reaction too, unless they plan on keeping him involved with the 1st team somehow. 

It's all guesswork at the moment, people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. 

The sooner we hear for definite the better! 

2 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Tuesday / Wednesday announcement expected.

So we are waiting until the conclusion of the play offs before announcing John Terry. ?

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I thought the Grayson link might be to do with the U23s. Makes sense to have an experienced manager in charge there. Get them ready for 1st team world.

It’s got to be Jokanovic with Woody as assistant manager surely? He had Scott Parker in that role at Fulham. Ticks all the boxes that set up I think.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, locoman1958 said:

Get your money on Jocanovic ?

All this back and forth is making me a nervous wreck, can we just announce that everyone is going to be the manager of Middlesbrough in some sort of Justice League style team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IMO Jokanovic was probably a non-starter to begin with but Gibson wanted to hear him out. So whoever is appointed is going to get a negative reaction.

My guess is firmly on John Terry.

• Sad 2
13 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

I think Jokanovic is a lot more likely than some people think.

Agree. The only reason people seem to think hes not likely is financially. 

First look at what weve cut in the last 12 months- traore, Gibson, Fabio, bamford last summer, leadbitter in January, downing, mikel, besic, pulis and hugill this summer. Transfer funds and wages are massive for that group of players.

Then look at all the exploring Gibson has done to see whether other clubs will be punished for the ways they've got around ffp.. 

I just think were not in as bad a cut back period as has been expressed by the likes of pulis and the Gazette. 

jokanovic would be ideal for me and woodgate as number 2 then woody will have a couple of years hopefully learning from jokanovic,then possibly take over when the managerial post comes up again