oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Just now, Randy Sandwich said:

Oh I thought when you said you didn't post your ITK info as you didn't want to be hounded off here then that's what you meant.

So we all have to decider your cryptic messages these days? 

I haven't gave a moments thought to how much you care about an Internet forum, but hey - if it gave you a little warm feeling  inside then fill your boots. 

Do you ever have anything useful or constructive to post? Does it thrill you being an utter cock to a person on an internet forum who you don't even know?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Do you ever have anything useful or constructive to post? Does it thrill you being an utter cock to a person on an internet forum who you don't even know?

D.Z & Randy Can we all just knock it off please lads. It’s becoming quite tiresome. If you do need to chat to each other do it via DM

CHEERS ?

• Like 10
28 minutes ago, UweFuchsHe said:

D.Z & Randy Can we all just knock it off please lads. It’s becoming quite tiresome. If you do need to chat to each other do it via DM

CHEERS ?

Id like to echo this. Nobody cares about your petty squabble

1 hour ago, D.Z. said:

Woodgate as head coach with DoF (Possibly Simon Grayson but interviews are ongoing.)

Just passing on what i've been told, I really hope it's not true but there you go.

Well if that is the best we can do for DOF, then no one  laugh at Sunderland as we will be joining them soon!!!

Other than being available I cannot see what Grayson has done to be considered for any position at Boro. Must be smoke and mirrors. Surely we will be put out of our misery this week.

I think Gibson will be chuffed to bits that no one really seems to have a clue who is getting the job.

He’s interviewed lots of different people for different positions. Lots of links as a result but no clear cut outcome has been leaked. That’s as it should be.

I hope we find out soon - like tomorrow would be good -  but the right decision is more important.

14 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Id like to echo this. Nobody cares about your petty squabble

Speak for yourself, it's usually the highlight of my day.

• Like 1

To be fair to Simon Grayson, he'd done pretty well with Preston and then walked into a *** show at Sunderland and his reputation seems to have paid the price for that. Given the publicly available evidence, both him and Coleman took a lot of the flak for what was a club being run into the ground in the Premier League behind the scenes. He didn't show himself in a huge amount of glory perhaps... but I'd at least give him a chance.

I think Jokanovic is clearly the stand out managerial target but obviously we're going to be balancing that against the negatives of how much he will cost and the sort of high risk budget that we'd have to give him. Gibson panicked a few months after Monk's attempted rebuild failed to show immediate results, so I can't imagine him being willing to make an equally risky decision. In terms of the other alternatives, Woodgate and Terry come with the concerns about their lack of experience and ability as a manager but would undoubtedly be cheaper. The extremes of going from Jokanovic to someone like Woodgate or Terry (if the names linked in the press are accurate) is quite concerning. If Gibson decides against Jokanovic due to him being too expensive and risky, I would much rather we turned to Karanka instead of Woodgate or Terry. He'd be more of a middle ground as he has good Championship experience and does not have the baggage that Woodgate and Terry have. However, we know all too well that Karanka's demanding and temperamental ways can lead to rifts.

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

To be fair to Simon Grayson, he'd done pretty well with Preston and then walked into a *** show at Sunderland and his reputation seems to have paid the price for that. Given the publicly available evidence, both him and Coleman took a lot of the flak for what was a club being run into the ground in the Premier League behind the scenes. He didn't show himself in a huge amount of glory perhaps... but I'd at least give him a chance.

Yeah very true. Grayson worked within a very efficient set up at Preston in which they signed the likes of Robinson, Hugill, Pearson, Barkhuizen and Browne at low prices and massively developed them. Sunderland were in free fall and any manager would have struggled in that toxic environment.

2 hours ago, D.Z. said:

Woodgate as head coach with DoF (Possibly Simon Grayson but interviews are ongoing.)

Just passing on what i've been told, I really hope it's not true but there you go.

Can I ask you a question about this?  Did the same person who told you the Pulis thing tell you this thing?