oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

3 hours ago, D.Z. said:

Do you ever have anything useful or constructive to post? Does it thrill you being an utter cock to a person on an internet forum who you don't even know?

Is that a note to yourself? 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, gas said:

to be honest, Grayson did well at Preston but thats still a bluff, can't see him at the U23 team either

what happened with Jokanovic at fulham this season? didn't follow that closely. was expecting comfortable survival rather than instant relegation

Think it's worth asking what happened as a whole at Fulham, though given the resources he wants from us I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again if we were promoted under his tenure. Their transfer strategy was incredibly risky. From the moment the summer window closed, I suspected it might go one way or the other; incredible highs or dreadful lows. Given the amount of activity they did, there was almost no chance of a stable season that most clubs should probably be aiming for.

11 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Can jokanovic be fully blamed for their relegation? What % of their games did he actually manage?

Their relegation seems to be largely down to terrible recruitment... how much of a hand Jokanovic had in that I don't know. 

I think they got relegated because they were too naive when they got promoted. They focused on getting as much attacking talent in their team as possible and didnt build a solid enough base. Basically the opposite of us last time we got promoted!

Couldn’t care less what Jokanovic has done in the Prem. We are a Championship Club. His record in the Championship speaks for itself therefore he is the best man for the job to try and get us up from all the candidates who we know have spoken to Gibson. 

• Like 5

if we can shift some of our players, we should still have a good transfer kitty

and from a FFP or whatever it's called now. IIRC transfers out are based on when the payments are received but transfers in are over the entire contract. 

• Like 1

The Fulham/Jokanovic story is an almost exact replica of the Boro/Karanka story. Mitrovic wastheir Negredo. Schurrle was their Traore, etc. 

If Jok is the man, you'd hope he's learned from his experiences. But, right now? The most important thing is promotion. Survive the Premiership or not, promotion is worth it.

• Like 2

slavisa will be announced tommorow lads after the play off final

slavisa will turn marcus tavernier into ryan sessengon

we need to try get dwigh gayle on loan and traore

my line up with slavisa randolph joe bryan flint fry knudsen traore howson wing tav gayle britt formation 4 4 2   subs new gk friend ayala clayton mcnair new atk midfielder fletcher 

If it wasn't for Terry's terrible behaviour, especially the racial abuse which is a huge tar on him, then I would see him as a very promising managerial candidate, especially after the success of the new stream of high profile ex-players who have just retired like Lampard and Gerrard. Terry seems to have the sort of aura of a manager and by all accounts was a leader within the Chelsea dressing room for years during a very successful period of the club and has been touted by many influential people as a future manager. Furthermore his links to Chelsea would surely be a very useful tool for us to get great links for getting us to the front of the queue to get their promising youngsters on loan - akin to Lampard getting the very high quality likes of Tomori and Mount. Little subtleties like that can have a huge impact on recruitment, which is particularly appealing in a post-parachute payment landscape in which we're going to have to become efficient and punch above our weight in order to get promoted. So, all-in-all, I can full understand why Gibson could be tempted by someone like Terry, but at the same time him being our manager would understandably leave a bit of a bitter taste a***st fans.

• Like 1

joe bryan knudsen traore gayle all coming to the boro ☺️

what about this guy as manager frank rijikaard 

WKklvtlg.jpg

frank rijikaard brought 30 youth players into first team at barceloana in 5 years perfect for boro