oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

53 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

90% is completely wrong.

In fact I'm fairly sure the people with moral objections against Terry are more or less the same people that had moral objections against pulis when he was appointed. 

Most people dont want Terry for the same reasons they dont want woodgate - no proven record at any level as a boss. 

Have you actually read this thread? Page after page of Terry being racist, a thug etc.

Yeah, of course I'm 90% wrong - I remember being against Pulis from day one and I remember how many people gave me and a couple more crap. 

I maybe got support in my opinion from about 2-3 people at best while everyone else was drooling about us having the best manager in the championship and how we were going up etc etc and 18 month later its all changed. 

No one mentioned the blackmail charge and there wasn't a great uproar about the Palace thing that I recall. 

Absolute hypocrites on this forum who are all now (with massive hindsight) in the "we objected" and "we didn't want him" gang. 

What a joke. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, White Band said:

If Gibson felt that Jokanovic was a stand-out candidate and Jokanovic wanted to come here, then I would have expected it to have been announced before the weekend. 

I suspect that Terry will go on to become a good manager at some point, but he may view an assistant manager job in the Prem as being a less risky (and therefore better) stepping stone than a head coach role at a mid-table Championship club with very expectant fans. 

I have a suspicion that we will end up having to make do with a manger lower down our list, just like we tend to do with player signings.

As I said earlier, Monk wasn't announced until the 8th June, despite every man and his dog knowing that he was getting the job. 

This idea of 'if it was X it would have been announced by now' is completely baseless. Remember we may have to do contract negotiations with 3 or 4 coaches/analysts etc in addition to the manager.

3 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Have you actually read this thread? Page after page of Terry being racist, a thug etc.

Yeah, of course I'm 90% wrong - I remember being against Pulis from day one and I remember how many people gave me and a couple more crap. 

I maybe got support in my opinion from about 2-3 people at best while everyone else was drooling about us having the best manager in the championship and how we were going up etc etc and 18 month later its all changed. 

No one mentioned the blackmail charge and there wasn't a great uproar about the Palace thing that I recall. 

Absolute hypocrites on this forum who are all now (with massive hindsight) in the "we objected" and "we didn't want him" gang. 

What a joke. 

I said 90% is a wrong figure to give, not that you were 90% wrong, calm yourself down. There is absolutely no way in hell that 90% of people were happy with the appointment of pulis. I'll give you 60 and that's the absolute max.

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I said 90% is a wrong figure to give, not that you were 90% wrong, calm yourself down. There is absolutely no way in hell that 90% of people were happy with the appointment of pulis. I'll give you 60 and that's the absolute max.

What do you mean "calm myself down"?

What on earth makes you think I have any emotional attachment to this forum and the people on it? 

Tell me where you get your figures from to tell me I'm wrong in a simple speculation gauged on my view of the reaction of people around me and on here 18 months ago. 

3 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

What do you mean "calm myself down"?

What on earth makes you think I have any emotional attachment to this forum and the people on it? 

Tell me where you get your figures from to tell me I'm wrong in a simple speculation gauged on my view of the reaction of people around me and on here 18 months ago. 

I've got absolutely no interest in continuing down this path with you in a public form as I know it would be absolutely monotonous for everyone else to have to read it. So if you want to continue the discussion, feel free to PM me, otherwise let's move on to subjects more relevant to our current situation. 

17 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

What a joke. 

I'm just glad you turned down that job with skysports to stay with us on Oneboro Randy. 

I don't know what we'd do without your expert analysis. ?

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I've got absolutely no interest in continuing down this path with you in a public form as I know it would be absolutely monotonous for everyone else to have to read it. So if you want to continue the discussion, feel free to PM me, otherwise let's move on to subjects more relevant to our current situation. 

You mean you're wrong - well done. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm just glad you turned down that job with skysports to stay with us on Oneboro Randy. 

I don't know what we'd do without your expert analysis. ?

I've just never liked the bloke, liked his football and never wanted him as manager. I got an absolute *** load of crap for it, the usual "not a true fan" crap so I'm well within my rights to call out the people who did that and now have done a complete 360°

Bit I'm glad you value my opinion and presence here, Ive gone all gooey. 

13 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I've just never liked the bloke, liked his football and never wanted him as manager. I got an absolute *** load of crap for it, the usual "not a true fan" crap so I'm well within my rights to call out the people who did that and now have done a complete 360°

A complete 360 would mean they were facing the same way they were to begin with ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
14 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I wasn't a true fan either. Or I had foresight. One or the other

6 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I wasn't a true fan either. Or I had foresight. One or the other

You were definitely one of the people who seemed to share my general opinion of the guy from day 1 mate. 

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I didn't like Pulis coming in, but being negative straight away wasn't going to help anybody.

If I remember right I believe I mentioned I'd gave my ticket to a mate as I didn't want to watch his style of football any more and then it escalated. 

I genuinely don't believe that me being either Negative or positive on an internet forum helps or hinders anybody - I just thought it was a place for Boro fans to express their opinions and debate them if they so wished. 

I have been very positive towards a lot of things regarding Boro over the years but I doubt that altered anything either