• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Just now, nunthorpered said:

Imagine haha. how many games do you think that lot would make it to before the changies got set on fire?

If there was an accompanying fly on the wall type documentary then I'd be all for it ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Nigel Pearson is head coach, with Roy Keane and Graeme Souness making up his backroom staff....

You would just need Gazza to drive the team bus for the perfect quartet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Honestly, 80k per week for Jokanovic is a lot. However, it's 20k per week more than pulis was reportedly on. If (and its a big if) he gets us promoted then its clearly worth it. 

Said previously that this Is where our money should be going, into a high class manager. If it means we sign a player less then that's fine by me

Agreed, Rafa  comes to mind, 5 mil a year (I think) but got the bar codes up and has kept them there

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Just feel like we need a fresh start mate with no connection to the previous regime. I would rather Woodgate go out and get the experience and prove his worth. We made the same mistake when appointing Agnew. 

Lets clear it up I 100% think our number one target should be Jokanovic but I’m intrigued to see how Terry would do if it does come to that. Feel he would be in a better position than Woody to attract high quality loan signings and he’s a winner; he’ll want his managerial career to be just as much of a success. Get the feeling that he would be a successful manager that I do not get with Woody. 

Fair points and sorry if it seemed like I was picking you out. Just noticed a few times that you’ve mentioned that you’d be happy with Terry and just wondered why.

I can’t say I share your confidence in him as a manager though. He has no managerial experience bar a few months as an assistant manager at Villa. People compare him to Lampard but Lampard strikes me as a much more intelligent and much more professional man than Terry.

Yes he was a winner as a player but does that mean he will be a successful manager. Roy Keane was probably the epitome of a winner as a player but was a pretty awful manager!

There is nothing that makes me think that Terry would be a wise choice. And that has nothing to do with his character. Just to do with what I know about him as a player and the managerial experience he has to date. 

I think going with either him or Woodgate would be a massive risk for us as a club!

I think people are against woodgate because of what he represents.

Gibson jobs for the boys, stagnating, uninspiring. Basically just a continuation of what happened since relegation.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Gibson jobs for the boys, stagnating, uninspiring. Basically just a continuation of what happened since relegation.

This! Doesn’t mean he can’t be a success for us but we just need a completely new start as it just seems like we are going round in circles making the same mistakes over and over again. 

6 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

People are against Woodgate because it's the cheap option and we know what happens when SG chooses the cheap option.

Just now, D.Z. said:

People are against Woodgate because it's the cheap option and we know what happens when SG chooses the cheap option.

Cheer up.  If it is Woodgate he might end up being on really big money.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

While this is true..  he picked monk and Strachan when going for the expensive options...

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Had some second hand info passed on, no idea how legitimate it is but he said it's from a very good source. 

Woodgate to be the new Head Coach

Bevington Director of Football. 

Jokanovic wanted what Pulis was on

Warnock wanted it

Like I Said, no idea how true it is, 

50 cent wtf GIF by Cheezburger

So just got in from night out with friends (yes I have some!). One of them, who tends to know things before me seems to think Jokanovic has been offered the job but at a specific wage, not as much as he wanted. If what he says is true then we will have an answer by Friday (the deadline he says that SG has given Jokanovic). No clue what the wage is but he suspects it's around 50k per week with a promotion bonus and guaranteed rise if promoted but slight decrease if not on a 4 year deal. 

Like I say, he claims he isn't ITK as such but does tend to know things before I do. 

• Like 2

Guardiola - "We do not pass to move the ball, we pass to move the opposition."

Mourinho - " Coaching is taking a player where they cant take themselves"

Woodgate - " Isnt it weird how people talk *** about you when the only thing they actually know about you is your name"

• Haha 3