oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Indeed, we should be casting our net wide, but that will also take more time and we have a lot of work to do with the squad. I'd still throw Kasper Hjulmands name in there. He ticks all the boxes you are mentioning and I think he will accept around 20k. Word is earlier this season he was demanding around 15k to take charge of Brondby which is quite much in Denmark, however he really wants a foreign job. He was hoping to land the Anderlecht job which he was offered in january but his club at the time refused to release him.

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

It might be a ridiculous theory but this is an theory which a lot of people are going with at the moment. 

Rightly or wrongly I think a lot of fans now have a certain level of distrust for the club. 

I have a certain level of distrust for the club and I think it's absolutely a ridiculous theory.  If they'd made a choice a while ago it would have been announced a while ago.  It's taking a while because we're looking at different options, Gibson is trying to figure out the best way to go in his opinion and quite possibly the candidates are deciding if it's a job they really want now that they know the contract terms, player budgets, staff budgets and all of that jazz.

1 hour ago, Red Rocket said:

The biggest problem with Woodgate is that he is heavily involved with the dross that we've seen over the last couple of years. Fans want to believe that those days are behind us and it's hard to imagine that being a case with someone like Woodgate. We need a fresh start with new ideas. I don't have a problem with Woodgate's lack of experience, I have a problem with the fact he was a part of the management team that produced some of the worst football I've seen us play. 

That's a fair point and one that people will obviously take issue with if Woodgate is offered the job.  How much influence he's had I don't know but he has been involved for a while now.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well I can only recommend players/managers that I have some sort of knowledge about. I can't recommend Reiziger or Terry as such because I have no idea what they will offer. People are recommending or advocating various managers without knowing much about them. However i can recommend Jokanovic and Hjulmand. Hjulmand almost ticks every box that is required

Out of work, cheap, brilliant record with youth, loves working with the academy, a keen eye for talent, adventurous style, good relationship with his players. He came third last season with a squad average age of under 23 years 

He hasn't managed in the Championship though, but so far Jokanovic is the only one who has of the serious candidates. Terry and Woodgate don't even have any experience at all.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Intent to play that way is one thing, we saw some intent to do that under Monk, with that 4-3-3/3-4-3. We even saw some intent to let go of the chains under Agnew. There's still a balance that needs to be achieved and whilst I'd give Woody the chance, I'm not confident, he'd have a lot to prove. Monk's team was capable of scoring goals and doing some decent stuff at the top end of the pitch. But we couldn't defend for toffee. Our full-backs were practically wingers, our centre-backs pulled out to full-back all the time and we had Clayton trying to pick up the pieces in the middle of the gap between the defenders. We spent money trying to accomplish this attacking style and the manager couldn't actually do it.

That's not actually true although I know it did look exactly like that at times, especially the defending part.

55 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

True, I've been to games on and off for the last 33 years but am just bored of it all now.  I was chatting to a chap on the train back from the play off final yesterday and Danny Bath's brother was on the train, he was saying that Danny Bath left as he just couldnt get on with the area.  I dont know how much of an impact 'the area' will have on players/staff/future investment going forward.

I thought he left because Wolves sold him to another club?

5 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

What's the source for this mj?

I have a friend who gets good info regarding Chelsea, he rang to tell me that he had heard that Terry is off

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Probably wanting to get involved in the transfer market ASAP too. Sooner we get a manager and/or a Director of Football, the sooner we can start planning for next season. The longer we leave it, the more likely we get left behind. We can't really start moving on with a lot of our plans until the managerial structure is in place.

Do you really think this is the case?  I'm not sure how much input a manager here has into transfers so I think we'll happily crack on and make signings with or without a manager.  It would seem odd to me to wait and then continue on as we appear to have been recently.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Probably wanting to get involved in the transfer market ASAP too. Sooner we get a manager and/or a Director of Football, the sooner we can start planning for next season. The longer we leave it, the more likely we get left behind. We can't really start moving on with a lot of our plans until the managerial structure is in place.

Do you really think this is the case?  I'm not sure how much input a manager here has into transfers so I think we'll happily crack on and make signings with or without a manager.  It would seem odd to me to wait and then continue on as we appear to have been recently. 

Yes, as I've said a couple of times on this thread, Monk came in on June 8th, and as far as I'm aware, we got every player we wanted that summer, which suggests we either had them lined up in advance, or that the transfer market doesn't really get moving til July anyway, or both.

16 minutes ago, mj south said:

John Terry is to leave Aston Villa!

Can see him being announced as Boro manager later this week if that's true otherwise why leave unless he has had offers from elsewhere which we are not aware of. 

11 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Can see him being announced as Boro manager later this week if that's true otherwise why leave unless he has had offers from elsewhere which we are not aware of. 

Chelsea... Replace Sarri