oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

4 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

It’s not Woody or Jankovic if I’m right. I apologise I can’t give names or my source but wouldn’t expect announcement soon.

Oooooohhh interesting, hope its Jokanovic then.

• Haha 6
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes, as I've said a couple of times on this thread, Monk came in on June 8th, and as far as I'm aware, we got every player we wanted that summer, which suggests we either had them lined up in advance, or that the transfer market doesn't really get moving til July anyway, or both.

Remember, though, that the transfer window closes much earlier now. Monk was under the old system when it closed end of August/start of September. It now closes on 9th August for Championship clubs. We can then sign loans only until 31st August. 

10 minutes ago, White Band said:

Remember, though, that the transfer window closes much earlier now. Monk was under the old system when it closed end of August/start of September. It now closes on 9th August for Championship clubs. We can then sign loans only until 31st August. 

Aye, good point. Still, I think we have a week or so yet before not having a manager *really* starts to hinder our plans.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I understand that but what I'm saying is does that match up with what has been happening at Boro over the last couple of years?  I don't think it does because we know we've signed players that had bugger all to do with the manager at the time.

No your right, in recent years we've definitely made signings which haven't fitted into the managers way of playing. 

I keep saying the same thing over and over again that I think we need an experienced football man to run the show for Gibson. For me a director of football would be the first signing I'd make this summer then look for a manager after that. 

Let's decide on a direction we want to go as a club for the next 10-15 years then recruit managers and players to fit that model, it isn't rocket science it just requires a bit of forward planning and vision. 

My concern is that regardless of who the new manager is we'll keep doing the same things behind the scenes and never make any real progress. 

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

No your right, in recent years we've definitely made signings which haven't fitted into the managers way of playing. 

I keep saying the same thing over and over again that I think we need an experienced football man to run the show for Gibson. For me a director of football would be the first signing I'd make this summer then look for a manager after that. 

Let's decide on a direction we want to go as a club for the next 10-15 years then recruit managers and players to fit that model, it isn't rocket science it just requires a bit of forward planning and vision. 

My concern is that regardless of who the new manager is we'll keep doing the same things behind the scenes and never make any real progress. 

Essentially, the people at the top need to acknowledge their way of doing things doesn't work. In my experience of working life to date, I've met very few people who sit at the top capable of accepting their way of doing things might need to change to benefit the whole. Those that do have pretty much always been like that.

3 hours ago, mj south said:

I have a friend who gets good info regarding Chelsea, he rang to tell me that he had heard that Terry is off

Thanks for sharing MJ, do you have anymore info?  Terry didn't look very engaged yesterday and a lad on the train was saying that he kept looking down to at the Technical area to see if Terry was there and he never came out, it was Dean smith and the other assistant.  He also didn't really get involved when the celebrations were going off.

6 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Thanks for sharing MJ, do you have anymore info?  Terry didn't look very engaged yesterday and a lad on the train was saying that he kept looking down to at the Technical area to see if Terry was there and he never came out, it was Dean smith and the other assistant.  He also didn't really get involved when the celebrations were going off.

He probably wasn't happy that Villa didn't let him change into the full Villa kit so he could lift the trophy!

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, White Band said:

This has now changed that even loan signings must be signed before the season starts within the championship.

Only league 1 and 2 can make loan signings up to the 31st August.

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just to add more info if it means anything... 2 of the scouting dept left us today. Seems to be a mass overhaul behind the scenes.

Thanks mate.  It's what we all want...  Club has been knackered for years..  It's like a game of Football Manager ha ha

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just to add more info if it means anything... 2 of the scouting dept left us today. Seems to be a mass overhaul behind the scenes.

they left a while ago. Two to Burnley, One to Rotherham 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Thanks for sharing; it's what we have needed for a while! Any inidication as to whether Gary Gill was one of those who departed!

P.S. Don't take anything I said earlier on to you too seriously! Just fed up of all the managerial talk and want something concrete on that front!

28 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Shock horror. I thought Tony left us in a great position behind the scenes? Now were tearing it all apart? Tut.

14 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Thanks for sharing; it's what we have needed for a while! Any inidication as to whether Gary Gill was one of those who departed!

P.S. Don't take anything I said earlier on to you too seriously! Just fed up of all the managerial talk and want something concrete on that front!

Honestly mate thick skinned and i have no issues with you or anyone regarding being negative etc. Wouldn’t be a forum if we all agreed on everything mate. 

• Like 1