oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Personally I think it seems obvious that we are currently trying to negotiate decent terms with Jok and keeping  Woodgate ‘largely in the frame’ (as quoted from the papers) as he is the fall back option should a deadline be hit sometime next week. Not sure I buy into a Karanka MK2 manager signing ongoing IMO as everything points towards Plan A & Plan B above. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

And how many of them would you want?

For the Championship - i'd be ok with Pearson as an experienced option

20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

John Terry, David Moyes, Nigel Pearson, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes, Billy Davies, Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, Chris Coleman all still available.

Basically all the members of the British Managers Club, capable of exceptional destroy and exit jobs.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

John Terry, David Moyes, Nigel Pearson, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes, Billy Davies, Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, Chris Coleman all still available.

Ex England captain, ex Man Utd manager, ex Boro great, ex England manager, ex Boro great, funny dances, ex Man City manager, Scottish, ex England manager and ex Boro great, funny interviews, shacked up with that bird from SSN.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Have you seen his record since getting the sack at Leicester?

not as good, but his overall record in the championship is acceptable

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

not as good, but his overall record in the championship is acceptable

Not as good is kind. He was bringing derby down to league 1 when he got the sack. And when that positive record is now 6 years old, it's not really relevant anymore is it? Leicester couldn't wait to get rid of him either despite winning them promotion which probably says a lot.

Would be way way way toward the bottom of the list for me, below woodgate.

Lets keep putting some of these uninspiring names forward for manager, it's making me feel a lot better about the prospect of Woodgate taking over...

Howsabout Martin O'Neill?

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not as good is kind. He was bringing derby down to league 1 when he got the sack. And when that positive record is now 6 years old, it's not really relevant anymore is it? Leicester couldn't wait to get rid of him either despite winning them promotion which probably says a lot.

Would be way way way toward the bottom of the list for me, below woodgate.

not aware of the Leicester departure situation being that bad.  he only had 12 games at Derby but fair point on how they were performing. 

But I said, i;d be ok with him based on hid overall championship experience.  I'd also take Woodgate before Pearson, but he wasn't an option on the list.

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

not aware of the Leicester departure situation being that bad.  he only had 12 games at Derby but fair point on how they were performing. 

But I said, i;d be ok with him based on hid overall championship experience.  I'd also take Woodgate before Pearson, but he wasn't an option on the list.

Fair. everyone on that list is about as inspiring as reappointing pulis though!