• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

No one has mentioned Sven yet, ex England manager, charismatic, foreign coach, what more could we want?

He’s got about as much charisma as a used diaper. 

I seem to remember a lot of our transfers being done on Fridays when we had Monk in charge, maybe we're getting back to that and tomorrow we'll have a Friday treat!

Just now, Foogle said:

I seem to remember a lot of our transfers being done on Fridays when we had Monk in charge, maybe we're getting back to that and tomorrow we'll have a Friday treat!

Pulis was gone on a Friday! At least the announcement came then

• Like 1

How do the odds on Arteta go well short across multiple betting sites within an hour for less than 24 hours later the Gazette to refute the interest and say it’s not happening. Very strange still, even if all it takes is a few flutters from people... but at the same time ? 

6 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

How do the odds on Arteta go well short across multiple betting sites within an hour for less than 24 hours later the Gazette to refute the interest and say it’s not happening. Very strange still, even if all it takes is a few flutters from people... but at the same time ? 

It's pretty simple.

People see his odds drop on one site, meaning it's no longer worth betting there so they go check another site where the odds haven't changed and see a set of odds that they think offer 'value' and place their bet there. Doesn't take much of this happening to drive all odds down very quickly.

10 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

I put £10,000 on him as the next manager but I did it in 10,000 lots of £1 bets with different bookies to make it cheaper ?  Some of us think our way through life ✌️

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I put £10,000 on him as the next manager but I did it in 10,000 lots of £1 bets with different bookies to make it cheaper ?  Some of us think our way through life ✌️

1 £10,000 bet = 10,000 £1 bets ......

plus if you wanted to put that on you would simply doing it at the highest odds 20-1 and not want to risk reducing the odds half way through multiple bets....

anyway yeah I get the logic how it can have reduced just surprised a few people fancied looking at Arteta at the same time. 

I still stand by original thoughts that we are trying to get decent terms with Jok up until a deadline and when that passes Woodgate is Plan B 

Hannes Wolf is 50/1 on Williamhill. He's an ex Hamburger SV manager that is 38 year old. I'd never heard of him before but just noticed his name when scrolling through the odds now. A lot of young German coaches like Wagner and Farke have made a successful transition to the Championship so someone of Wolf's profile could appeal to Gibson.

Wee update, been told Woodgate has got the job, he's coming back from holiday tomorrow and will organise his backroom staff before the club announce anything. Either Bevington or Grayson as DoF.

Jokanovic was Gibson's first choice but he priced himself out. As far as I'm aware we're not negotiating with him. Arteta was never in the running, same as Reizeger.

• Angry 1