oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I hope I'm wrong guys, I really am but everything I've been told fits. Pulis told Gibson he was leaving at the end of the season back in April, SG tried to get him to stay on at 20k a week which Pulis refused. We offered Jokanovic the same lowered wage but he wanted the same as what Pulis was originally on. He initially wanted 80k.

SG is trying to save money in the managerial dept which is why Woodgate has been SG's preferred option from the start.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I really think Woodgate might come good y'know, and it isn't like me to be optimistic.

He isn't going to use the club as a stepping stone, won't feel like he's too big for the club, won't be on ridiculous money, and will be desperate to prove himself. By all accounts he's a popular figure within the club with the players and the staff in general. He is a passionate Boro fan who will buy into Steve Gibson's vision, and won't make excuses about having to use the academy or not being able to spend loads.

End of the day lads - and without meaning to sound all Mowbrayesque - it is what it is, we're not a club on the up at the moment, we're a ship that needs steadying and bringing about towards a brighter future. Personally think Woodgate is going to be a great starting point for that.

• Like 3
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

I really think Woodgate might come good y'know, and it isn't like me to be optimistic.

He isn't going to use the club as a stepping stone, won't feel like he's too big for the club, won't be on ridiculous money, and will be desperate to prove himself. By all accounts he's a popular figure within the club with the players and the staff in general. He is a passionate Boro fan who will buy into Steve Gibson's vision, and won't make excuses about having to use the academy or not being able to spend loads.

End of the day lads - and without meaning to sound all Mowbrayesque - it is what it is, we're not a club on the up at the moment, we're a ship that needs steadying and bringing about towards a brighter future. Personally think Woodgate is going to be a great starting point for that.

He won't use the club as a stepping stone because no one else wants him. 

5 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

I hope I'm wrong guys, I really am but everything I've been told fits. Pulis told Gibson he was leaving at the end of the season back in April, SG tried to get him to stay on at 20k a week which Pulis refused. We offered Jokanovic the same lowered wage but he wanted the same as what Pulis was originally on. He initially wanted 80k.

SG is trying to save money in the managerial dept which is why Woodgate has been SG's preferred option from the start.

I'm also trying to save money after spending thousands watching mostly garbage for the last decade. 

If we employ Woodgate I think I'll cut back by staying at home for the next season. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Btw Jordan Hugill was on 60k a week, we were paying half of that. Brathwaite is on 60k a week and we've been paying him that the entire time he's been on loan.

The club has been haemorrhaging money.

Sorry I just can’t believe any of that, also didn’t pulis himself say our highest paid player was on £40k or something? 

Hugil on £60k? He came from Preston who got him for peanuts and were probably paying him peanuts, It’s not like West Ham would have needed to convince him that much. Can’t see him being on any more than £30k.

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Sorry I just can’t believe any of that, also didn’t pulis himself say our highest paid player was on £40k or something? 

Hugil on £60k? He came from Preston who got him for peanuts and were probably paying him peanuts, It’s not like West Ham would have needed to convince him that much. Can’t see him being on any more than £30k.

I really don’t believe we would be paying 100% of Braithwaites wage too

25 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Btw Jordan Hugill was on 60k a week, we were paying half of that. Brathwaite is on 60k a week and we've been paying him that the entire time he's been on loan.

The club has been haemorrhaging money.

Do you mean to say Leganes weren’t paying any of Braithwaite’s wage...? Surely that can’t be true

Not to have a go at anyone's source but if I had a source that said "it's happening, definitely" and yet the odds haven't moved at the bookies I'd be wondering why he hasn't put his mortgage on it. 

Granted he may have had a speculative 100 quid on at 8/1 but he's still available at 11/4. I'd be lumping on at that price. Guaranteeing over 3 times your money back......

• Like 1
Just now, Tudders80 said:

Not to have a go at anyone's source but if I had a source that said "it's happening, definitely" and yet the odds haven't moved at the bookies I'd be wondering why he hasn't put his mortgage on it. 

Granted he may have had a speculative 100 quid on at 8/1 but he's still available at 11/4. I'd be lumping on at that price. Guaranteeing over 3 times your money back......

He’s 4/1 with Paddy Power and Betfair. If it was “definitely” happening I’d be putting thousands on at that price.

The fact that the same source thinks that Leganes paid nothing towards Braithwaite’s wages whilst on loan makes me think that the source’s information might not be as definitive as it is being relayed...