• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I don't think he did. That has been doing the rounds because I think he did an interview after one of them, but that's because Pulis was ill. Pulis was in the dugout for every cup game this season.

12 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Don’t see anything being imminent then. We’re either still waiting on an answer from Jojkovic or because we know it’s Woodgate we’re in no rush to announce him. 

4 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Imagine Woodgate's response to the fans after we fall to our 4th straight defeat 0-1 at home to Luton Town.

41UDJa94DAL._SX425_.jpg

If Woody could unironically quote Maya Angelou, he'd absolutely have my backing...

He never will though. ?

• Like 2

I really don't get the Woodgate hate from people. I realise he was part of the coaching set up under Pulis, well all the ones Pulis brought into the club have left. 

He played for some of the biggest teams in Europe Real Madrid, Spurs, Leeds(hell of a team when he was there) and was known as a footballing defender always oozed class and looked for a pass as opposed to hoofing it. Would have played far more for England if it wasn't for injuries.

So many people saying they don't want him to be manager yet they would accept other unproven managers without any issue, complete hypocrisy if you ask me.

Yes I would prefer Jokanovic, a manager who has won promotion twice and played great football doing it. If not him I would be happy to have Woodgate especially given how well he knows the younger players.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, cyprusboro said:

I really don't get the Woodgate hate from people. I realise he was part of the coaching set up under Pulis, well all the ones Pulis brought into the club have left. 

He played for some of the biggest teams in Europe Real Madrid, Spurs, Leeds(hell of a team when he was there) and was known as a footballing defender always oozed class and looked for a pass as opposed to hoofing it. Would have played far more for England if it wasn't for injuries.

So many people saying they don't want him to be manager yet they would accept other unproven managers without any issue, complete hypocrisy if you ask me.

Yes I would prefer Jokanovic, a manager who has won promotion twice and played great football doing it. If not him I would be happy to have Woodgate especially given how well he knows the younger players.

This has been done to death but I think the reason some people don't want him is because of the way he has conducted himself off the pitch over the years. 

I don't think he's a very good ambassador for the club or a good role model for young players. 

4 hours ago, cyprusboro said:

I do think that in general we resort to giving pelters to our own lot quicker than other players. We use their loyalty to the club as a stick to beat them over the head with (downing) and then advocate for players like Braithwaite who have shown none.

Think it goes back to something Ben Gibson said that he had to out work everyone else around him just to prove that he was there on merit and not because of his family name.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

This has been done to death but I think the reason some people don't want him is because of the way he has conducted himself off the pitch over the years. 

I don't think he's a very good ambassador for the club or a good role model for young players. 

This is fully understandable for me. I do realise that his past would influence people and what they would think of him as our manager. I would not be happy if John Terry was to become our manager and it is purely down to just not liking him as a person. I have no other reason than that. I would have Woodgate over him every time but I accept that Woodgate is equally disliked by some. Let’s hope Jokanovic or Arteta get the job 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

How many wIfe's/siblings/? did he mess with to get this much hate.......

Damn always thought I watched football to get away from the dreads of real life crap..maybe I'm old fashioned but I guess progressively we can hope our next manager has a noble peace prize to his name or we can just employ the local vicar (without a record) or the Top Top bloke from London (a Humanitarian compared to JW ) or we can just get another long ball merchant so we can all go back to moaning about the football......

When personal life is used to measure the Professional worth we tend to miss the point of why we needed the professional in the first place. Even if he was a gutter Casanova it's in the past, what happened to second chances in real life?? Are we all truely defined by that one sheep we shagged??????

Give the guy a break,  damn this whole world is turning into a bizarre version of 'Minority Report' .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's because people in the area know Woodgate, know people who know Woodgate or know things about his reputation which make them consider him unfit to be the manager of our football club. Local lad or not.

You can say what you like about his career, it makes no difference. Man Management and character are equally important in a football manager, and Woodgate isn't fit for either of those purposes. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, RonBoro said:

How many wIfe's/siblings/? did he mess with to get this much hate.......

Damn always thought I watched football to get away from the dreads of real life crap..maybe I'm old fashioned but I guess progressively we can hope our next manager has a noble peace prize to his name or we can just employ the local vicar (without a record) or the Top Top bloke from London (a Humanitarian compared to JW ) or we can just get another long ball merchant so we can all go back to moaning about the football......

When personal life is used to measure the Professional worth we tend to miss the point of why we needed the professional in the first place. Even if he was a gutter Casanova it's in the past, what happened to second chances in real life?? Are we all truely defined by that one sheep we shagged??????

Give the guy a break,  damn this whole world is turning into a bizarre version of 'Minority Report' .

Woodgate has been mates with local low-life scum for many years now, and still associates with them to this day. They say your reputation shouldn't procede you, but in his case it just does.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Woodgate has been mates with local low-life scum for many years now, and still associates with them to this day. They say your reputation shouldn't procede you, but in his case it just does.

Maybe I'm naive but I still can't understand what that has to do with him being manager of a club who plays a sport where 11blokes kick a ball around for 90 odd mins.

• Like 1