• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I personally don’t think woodgate will be a disaster. We have got to accept that we won’t be challenging for a few seasons now. It is time to rebuild and Woodgate seems to know the youth well. Who knows. It might turn out to be a good appointment

Guys the thing is I don’t think you have a problem with the idea in principle, I think you have a problem that we couldn’t get someone of Wenger calibre in which I’d have to agree because of the wage and why would he want to come? 

Hypothetically however when mogga was here, couldn’t that have been an avenue we explored once he had stabilised the club? Yes I know he wouldn’t move from Blackburn to boro now before anyone says it. 

16 minutes ago, thomas said:

Guys the thing is I don’t think you have a problem with the idea in principle, I think you have a problem that we couldn’t get someone of Wenger calibre in which I’d have to agree because of the wage and why would he want to come? 

Hypothetically however when mogga was here, couldn’t that have been an avenue we explored once he had stabilised the club? Yes I know he wouldn’t move from Blackburn to boro now before anyone says it. 

Well an experienced DoF could be exactly that.. and probably why the new manager is already being labelled 'head coach'.

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That was the plan. Pulis another year and Woodgate to take over next year. So it’s not flippant. 

You suggested Wenger coming in ‘or someone like him’ not many of them around. 

Most ludicrous thing I’ve read for a while.  

Heh, think we might have the same info. I posted this about a month ago and got shot down.

28 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think Gibson is right not to give Jokanovic the 80k a week he wants. That is absolute insanity

Where have you read that Jokanovic wants £80k a week?

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Where have you read that Jokanovic wants £80k a week?

Jokanovic initially wanted 80k a week, Gibson said no. Offered him the same as Pulis, 40k a week and he turned us down. Pulis was offered 20k a week to stay another year but decided to leave the club. SG *REALLY* wanted Pulis to stay.

1 minute ago, D.Z. said:

Jokanovic initially wanted 80k a week, Gibson said no. Offered him the same as Pulis, 40k a week and he turned us down. Pulis was offered 20k a week to stay another year but decided to leave the club. SG *REALLY* wanted Pulis to stay.

If this is to be believed then like Lurker said it would of been leaked or got out by now. 

You don't think its feasible that Jokanovic would want more than what Pulis was initially on?

Especially given his pedigree and history of getting clubs out of this league?

Just because the media haven't reported it doesn't mean it's not true.

I think he’d chance his look, but dismiss a still attractive offer because it’s not £80k a week or whatever? I don’t think he would.

i think it’s more likely he’s had other offers and took some holiday/thinking time.

Jokanovic can get lost.  Everyone thinks that Boro are a flipping meal ticket in the football world.  Sooner we put our foot down the better, money helps but it is possible to do well on a budget.  It just takes time and a person who can sniff the bargains out.

The horrible thing is the money we wasted on Pulis could have been used for Jokanovic... Gibson well and truly ballsed up and when Woodgate is appointed its only gonna go one way. 

So if Jokanovic has turned us down hopefully in the next few days it will be validated by the media.  Woodgate it is then...

Again all the talk is about Jokanovic being too expensive and Woody being the cheap option. It feels like there's only 2 available managers the way everyone is talking, hopefully Gibson is looking a bit wider than just too men. 

• Like 2