oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

It’s annoying when you think of the manager we could have had with the 2017 money, monks wage and pay off and pulis wage. Didn’t someone say that in 2017 jokanovic was close but Gibson didn’t want to pay his wage. Wonder how much better off we’d be now if we’d got him instead of monk and some waster player in 2017.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Jokanovic initially wanted 80k a week, Gibson said no. Offered him the same as Pulis, 40k a week and he turned us down. Pulis was offered 20k a week to stay another year but decided to leave the club. SG *REALLY* wanted Pulis to stay.

I haven’t seen this reported anywhere? Do you have a link to the article?

11 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

It's his source. Own information 

Has his source ever been correct before? I haven’t seen any ITK information that DZ has written which has been proven correct. And I don’t mean that in a derogatory way. It’s just that the way DZ has written it is as if it is fact... at this moment it is just speculation and rumours. But it is leading other members to come out with presumptions about Jokanovic’s character which could be wildly untrue!

Edited by J.T.

For what my opinion is worth, it wouldn't totally surprise me to see a totally left field candidate come out of nowhere a la Karanka, and take over. I think sadly some people think the names mentioned in the media and on the betting odds are the only names Gibbo is looking at, and if Kenyon has been involved it wouldn't surprise me to see someone dramatic come in. 

I wouldn't be totally depressed with Woody, just a little bit let down that we looked to a guy who took part in one of the most divisive management teams to hit the Riverside. 

P.s thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. Some lovely people on here, especially perhaps rather strangely the Danish crew! 

• Like 3

I wish everyone would stop using the rumoured information as a reason to get really annoyed and as a stick to  beat Gibson with. While I appreciate the info that gets passed on here, no one is right 100% of the time, far from it. So just take the info on board and wait and see what ACTUALLY happens. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The majority of the ITK information usually turns out to be wrong on here it's a bit unfair to criticise one person over it. 

Sorry I didn’t mean it as a personal attack on DZ. As you say, 99% of the ITK information on here turns out to be incorrect. It just really frustrates me when other members start using ITK information to start bashing people when the ITK information is usually incorrect.

6 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Whoever gets the job, at least they aren’t Pulis, and let’s face it we can’t have a worse season than last

I don't know, depends how you measure it. I argue it could be worse if we finish 2nd half the table, but ultimately if we play better football it could be better, different units of measurement I suppose ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sorry I didn’t mean it as a personal attack on DZ. As you say, 99% of the ITK information on here turns out to be incorrect. It just really frustrates me when other members start using ITK information to start bashing people when the ITK information is usually incorrect.

I wasn't having a dig at you it was just a broad comment aimed at the whole forum. DZ seems to get a lot of stick on here but then you see other people getting hero worshipped for sharing similar information. 

And when it's all said and done even the ITK gurus on here tend to be wrong the majority of the time. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I don't know, depends how you measure it. I argue it could be worse if we finish 2nd half the table, but ultimately if we play better football it could be better, different units of measurement I suppose ?

Think whoever gets the job we need to accept that we are in this league for a few years yet. A lot of players need to be moved on before we can do anything 

• Thanks 1

I think that DZ guy got peoples backs up the other day when he got on his high horse. The others just give the info and leave or don’t act all smart assed about it.