oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

52 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I'm against his appointment for a number of reasons, and I would welcome a challenge to anyone to change my mind. 

1- he has 0 managerial experience of a first team in competitive action. I think it's too much of a big risk for my battered and bruised Boro. 

2- I have no idea what his philosophy or playing style is. This is then making the decision less appealing as I cant picture a boro squad under him or what formation or what brand of football he will play. With Jokanovic I can. 

3- rumours of him failing his coaching badges have now all seem to be forgotten? I'm sorry but a month ago he failed his exams. He is the definition of a rookie manager but that's okay because he loves the club..

4- I personally believe he will have a hard time winning over the senior members in the squad. Will he have their respect? 

5- Woodgate has had stories about him speaking out against other members of the managerial staff, Karanka and Pulis. That doesn't seem like someone who is a good fit. Seems a bit back stabby for my liking. If I was a player in the dressing room, those thoughts would certainly cross my mind. 

6- for me, it also signifies Gibsons white flag for a couple of seasons. It feels like hes fobbed the fans off with *** football with Pulis, we've sold our best players and now we are being punished with a cheap option. 

7 - if he gets the job no matter what he does, he will always be compared to a "if only we got Jokanovic". Typical Boro, he will go to West Brom and get them promoted probably. 

8- personal problems off the pitch and his reputation.

9- there are plenty of other managers out there. I thought this was a "plum job".

For the sake of the club, I hope he works out. But it just has a feeling of Southgate mk 2 and that set us back and it seems that history will repeat itself.

*rant over*

1. Robson, McClaren, Karanka

2. Nor do we wit any rookie manager

3. Didn’t happen 

4. That’s your personal view, irrelevant.

5. Would you prefer someone who stands up for what they believe or a yes man?

6. He paid Pulis £3.5m a year, offered Jokanovic around £2m a year. If you feel that a white flag then so be it 

7. Not his fault 

8. Small town mentality, people have had it in for him for a long time.

9. Who?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Without wanting to cause any offence, I don’t think I’m yet to see a bit of ITK information that has turned out to be true. We’ve heard it’s Jokanovic’s, then there was no chance it was Woodgate’s, then it was Grayson's, Arteta was apparently shown around Rockliffe and Gibson was doing interviews with three different candidates despite not evening being in the country and now it’s apparently Woodgate's again. I for one do think it will be Woodgate that gets the job and it will likely be revealed next week but as for people who have accepted its Woodgate based on a few posts, I wouldn’t get so upset just yet. At the moment, personally I don’t anyone has a clue what’s going on and we’ve seen before with Karanka that appointments can come from absolutely nowhere. One way or another I think we will found out next week, so fingers crossed it’s a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 2
Just now, CWC said:

Without wanting to cause any offence, I don’t think I’m yet to see a bit of ITK information that has turned out to be true. We’ve heard it’s Jokanovic’s, then there was no chance it was Woodgate’s, then it was Grayson's, Arteta was apparently shown around Rockliffe and Gibson was doing interviews with three different candidates despite not evening being in the country and now it’s apparently Woodgate's again. I for one do think it will be Woodgate that gets the job and it will likely be revealed next week but as for people who have accepted its Woodgate based on a few posts, I wouldn’t get so upset just yet. At the moment, personally I don’t anyone has a clue what’s going on and we’ve seen before with Karanka that appointments can come from absolutely nowhere. One way or another I think we will found out next week, so fingers crossed it’s a pleasant surprise. 

RAF is spot on usually

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CWC said:

Its really difficult. Ive had info direct from agents/people involved with deals but it changes like the wind. Its that simple. Club have done a really good job on this one imo. Mikel deal is the craziest situation ive ever heard. How we ended up with him after what happened is beyond me haha

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

RAF is spot on usually

He is yes but I’m fairly certain he also said that it was down to 3 candidates and Gibson had held second interviews midway through last week and then it was discovered Gibson wasn’t even in the country. 

If it is him then I have serious doubts about where the club is going. I'm sorry but he isn't a manager for me. I could list all sorts of reasons based around experience, character, managers served under, what the club needs, stupid social media posts etc. I can't be bothered.

Truly depressing stuff from the club if they appoint Jonathan Woodgate as manager. For the first time in my life I am questioning the competency of people right at the top of the club. Steve Gibson has been a fantastic chairman but an appointment like this sums the club up since the summer we got promoted  - extremely poor decision making.

Edited by TheHolgate
  • Like 1

Christ lads, all the misery here and not a thing has changed since last week. Hang in there and wait and see what actually happens. No one had a clue about karanka until the day before. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, CWC said:

He is yes but I’m fairly certain he also said that it was down to 3 candidates and Gibson had held second interviews midway through last week and then it was discovered Gibson wasn’t even in the country. 

I said interviews had taken place I never once said with who. If you look back at my post it says over to you Gibson and Kenyon. 2nd round of interviews were not with Gibson at all.  He hasn't got job yet he is very much in pole position more so now than at any point.

2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

RAF, SDS and Lurker are all spot on usually. They cant be held responsible for things that change. They arent the ones doing the deals lol

No disrespect to any of them but a lot of the ITK information provided so far this summer not just from them 3 has proven to be wide off the mark more often than not. Nobody knows anything other than Steve Gibson and those doing the deals.