oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

I can’t see why we’d get kenyon involved if woodgate was the first choice all along, it just doesn’t add up.

Maybe Kenyon is there just to help with the DoF appointment?

I'm not as bothered as some regarding Woodgates personal life. I'm much more concerned by him sounding as thick as a plank whenever I hear him speak. Just does not scream managerial nous at all. Little concerned by his pull of players too. 

On the bright side it can't be worse than Pulis. Just think the club have missed a huge opportunity to unite the club and fans after a abysmal couple of years starting with Agnew.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, "KM" said:

No disrespect to any of them but a lot of the ITK information provided so far this summer not just from them 3 has proven to be wide off the mark more often than not. Nobody knows anything other than Steve Gibson and those doing the deals.

I'd say to this that for one, a lot of the ITK information provided hasn't been proved true or false because there's zero public knowledge about what's happened barring interest in Jokanovic and Woodgate having been interviewed.

But most importantly, like you say, few actually know anything about what's going on. It's rumours and whispers that come out and most the time for most of us, we'll never know what was ever true or not, same probably goes for those that pass on the information on here, pretty sure majority are passing on info from other sources who could be passing it on from others and so on.

But that's the nature of the beast. You yourself were part of the Victor Moses chatter a couple of years ago, were you not? Did it ever publicly come out that Moses was at Rockliffe? I don't remember that if it did. But I feel like I remember both yourself and VB confirming each others info on that one and seems to have since been widely accepted on here as fact despite nobody having any public factual evidence of that.

It's just part of the conversation. It keeps us speculating until everything plays out. 99% of the time, we'll never know what all the facts are as individuals. But it's nice to feel like we have some potential grip on what's true or not, even if we'll never know for sure.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, "KM" said:

No disrespect to any of them but a lot of the ITK information provided so far this summer not just from them 3 has proven to be wide off the mark more often than not. Nobody knows anything other than Steve Gibson and those doing the deals.

When's that Afro Caribbean lad signing for us?

I think all the people that have posted ITK information have all contradicted themselves several times with their own ITK information, so probably one thing that they said will turn out correct ?

Unless one of them is Steve Gibson's wife, not sure anyone will really have good information in my opinion. That being said I find it all entertaining so crack on.

Also, didn't someone say that Raf and DZ are brothers, so surely they should have the same 'source' or same info. I know if I knew something about Boro, I'd tell my brother.

I'm not related to RAF, i'm Diggerlad's older brother. He's stopped posting on here because he actually is somewhat ITK yet got shot down for anything he posted on here, whether it turned out to be true or not.

Some people are just jealous that other posters have genuine connections to the club, it's pathetic at times.

Ah Diggerlad that was it, my mistake.

Not arsed who has connections from the club tbh, good on them if they have. It's more pathetic, I suggest, when people pretend they have connections at a club mind just to get some attention on an internet forum.

Like I said, I enjoy reading the rumours, makes for exciting reading. But you'll forgive me if I take the bucket loads of conflicting information as rumours, not gospel. 

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yes my info isn’t always correct and I have stated that from the start. As I can see some people feel it’s a waste of time I will no longer say anything. Happy Sunday people I bid you all a good day. 

Not at all, mate. No-one thinks it's a waste of time, and like I said I enjoy reading it. Keep posting what you hear, and I don't think anyone wishes for you not to post!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lurker said:

1. Robson, McClaren, Karanka

2. Nor do we wit any rookie manager

3. Didn’t happen 

4. That’s your personal view, irrelevant.

5. Would you prefer someone who stands up for what they believe or a yes man?

6. He paid Pulis £3.5m a year, offered Jokanovic around £2m a year. If you feel that a white flag then so be it 

7. Not his fault 

8. Small town mentality, people have had it in for him for a long time.

9. Who?

I don't get this continual comparison with Robson, McClaren and Karanka. 

Robson and McClaren were able to outspend 3 quarters of the Premier league in terms of wages, fair enough Karanka had to manage on a tight budget initially but then we threw lots of money at him as well. 

Woodgate is gonna have to manage a team while the club is balancing the books it's not a very sensible comparison. 

The closest comparison is the Southgate era where we gave a rookie a job which he wasn't ready for. 

To me Woodgate looks like the fall guy why Gibson balances the books, just like Southgate and Mowbray were. This time people can see through it though and it'll be Gibson that takes the flak. 

5 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Honestly, some posters on this forum doesn't know how lucky they are to get any of this information at times, it really pisses me off.

I'm not referring to you btw, Jimmy.

Fair enough, mate. I think a lot of the reaction people get to ITK information is also based on the information you give. If the info is bad news you'll get more pelters, but if your info is good news people will hail you as your info being spot on ?

If Woodgate is indeed announced as our next manager then I expect a lot of *** humble pie to be eaten by certain people.

If not then i'll accept graciously that my info was incorrect (and secretly be delighted that Woodgate isn't taking over.)

1 minute ago, D.Z. said:

If Woodgate is indeed announced as our next manager then I expect a lot of *** humble pie to be eaten by certain people.

If not then i'll accept graciously that my info was incorrect (and secretly be delighted that Woodgate isn't taking over.)

Too late.

For what it's worth, I think Woodgate will get the Job too. 

The cynical side of me thinks that it was always Gibson's plan to give Woody the job, and by interviewing other people and throwing some names into the media, he can try and deflect from any criticism that it's a 'job for the boys' appointment.