oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

25 minutes ago, BeardySmog said:

I recall someone mentioned Xabi Alonso as a potential option a while back. He has just been appointed Head Coach of Real Sociadad B. Apologies if its already been mentioned, too much garbage to delve through on this thread. 

I mentioned him a while ago, don't know how realistic it was though. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Middlesbrough are keen on making Barnsley’s Daniel Stendel their new manager following the departure of Tony Pulis. From the daily star

And we also want Dwight Gayle? 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/782839/Newcastle-United-transfer-news-Dwight-Gayle-Middlesbrough-latest-news

Don't believe that. 

I wonder if this is in response to the odds dropping or if the odds dropped because someone knew this article was coming out.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I wonder if this is in response to the odds dropping or if the odds dropped because someone knew this article was coming out.

It's the Daily Star, so the former most likely.

I'm not sure why we'd even want Stendel. He got Barnsley promoted back to the Championship, so what? Maybe see how he fares with them this season first.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Can’t see it being genuine so probably the former it is the Dailt Star after all. Plus don’t know how we could get Gayle we are far from appealing right now he will have more attractive suitors. Grosicksi doesn’t fit the type of players we are lead to believe we will be looking at next season. 

The gazette have done an article about Stendel coming in on the odds but usually they rule it out for example Arteta, they didn't so maybe I'm clutching at straws here. They also state he only has a year left on his contract at Barnsley.  They scored a lot of goals and played good football last season. 

It's in the mirror too although I can't find the page online. Just this. 

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/02/report-daniel-stendel-wants-newcastles-dwight-gayle-if-appointed/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCnewcastle&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

Can't see it being Stendel. Just the Star making inferences based of betting odds. They also mentioned us looking at Dwight Gayle for crying out loud, how would we afford him? Were skint! 

The gazette not ruling him out is the interesting thing imo. They’ve been quick to rule everyone else out

10 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Ok I wold be excited by this if it is true. Sounds like he’s exactly what we need ticks all the boxes!

I like Stendel and he would be perfect for us. But.. I don't see us poaching another teams manager.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The gazette not ruling him out is the interesting thing imo. They’ve been quick to rule everyone else out

That's very true, the only names not ruled out are woody him and Jokanovic

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

That's very true, the only names not ruled out are woody him and Jokanovic

His name has only really popped up in the last 24 hours don’t see the Gazette ruling anyone out on a Sunday give it until tomorrow morning once they’ve put the question to Gibson.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

His name has only really popped up in the last 24 hours don’t see the Gazette ruling anyone out on a Sunday give it until tomorrow morning once they’ve put the question to Gibson.

Arteta was exactly the same and the Gazette said he wont be the next boro boss within 24 hours.

Stendel sounds perfect for us. Likes to play youth which works out with what Gibson was saying about using the academy more. He also plays good football which will keep the fans happy. Therefore, I expect him to be ruled out very quickly