oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I hope to *** that all your ITKers are wrong and that Stendel gets the job. ? 

Not that I don't appreciate the info and it being able to be discussed. Absolutely golden to have that on the forum. Just, in this instance, no thanks lads... ?

• Like 3
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Barnsley love him, I imagine we would have to pay a pretty penny to drag him away from there, wouldnt we?

If he is coming into his last year we would presumably have to pay that year's wage. He can't be on more than 10k so 500k max (can't see it being near that though. Maybe 200k is more realistic). 

He would surely cost us no more than woodgate. He has experience of actually managing a club. And moreover, of winning promotion. 

Plus, I can't imagine he could possibly have interviewed worse than woodgate if indeed he has been interviewed. He sounds like a young intelligent guy compared to Woodgate's thick as two short planks mumblings.

It may not be as sexy an appointment as SJ or MA but definitely a step up from JW in my opinion. 

He ticks alot of boxes and I reckon could be the man that gets the Riverside rocking again.

The only thing I see as a stumbling block is that he is with Barnsley and Gibson doesn't like to poach managers

4 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yes my info isn’t always correct and I have stated that from the start. As I can see some people feel it’s a waste of time I will no longer say anything. Happy Sunday people I bid you all a good day. 

I honestly don't blame you. Hopefully see you posting again soon!

• Like 1

Stendel rumours are in the Mirror (much more reliable on football stuff) as well as the star. Could be something in this.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Stendel rumours are in the Mirror (much more reliable on football stuff) as well as the star. Could be something in this.

Who wrote the mirror article do you know?

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

The mirror also mentions Gayle. They dont have the same reported do they?

I think it is interesting that a player has been mentioned along with the manager. Surely Gibson must have spoke to Stendel to know this. None of the other managers linked have had a player linked with them too

‘However, the Gazette understands Boro haven't made an approach to Barnsley to speak to their manager. For that matter, Middlesbrough haven't spoken to any club about a manager.’ FFS

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

‘However, the Gazette understands Boro haven't made an approach to Barnsley to speak to their manager. For that matter, Middlesbrough haven't spoken to any club about a manager.’ FFS

Excitement was short lived ?

• Sad 2
11 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

?

Just put us out of our misery and announce Woodgate the cheap and uninspiring option. 

• Haha 1

I don't get this, pre season is edging ever nearer, weather we like it or not all signs point to Woodgate being the next manager, so why the delay?

We need to get abit of a move on to start getting things in place like players we want in and out of the club, the new backroom team, this all takes time so why the hold up?

2 minutes ago, mj south said:

I don't get this, pre season is edging ever nearer, weather we like it or not all signs point to Woodgate being the next manager, so why the delay?

We need to get abit of a move on to start getting things in place like players we want in and out of the club, the new backroom team, this all takes time so why the hold up?

Woodgate has been on his holiday and Gibson has been away too expect things to move forward this week. Looking forward to hearing how Woodgate was always the first choice and best option available. 

3 minutes ago, mj south said:

Woodgate is allegedly finalising his backroom staff before it's being announced. It has to be announced within the next two weeks as Gibson is going on holiday.