oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

3 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that if it were not for the fans being vocally against Pulis, we would have offered him an extension? 

Just stinks to me that cause the fans chased Pulis off that Gibson is going to appoint another one of his mates...

From everything that's been said and from reading the statement that Gibson made, it seems fairly likely that Gibson wanted to keep him on regardless of how the fans felt about him. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Simon Grayson as Director of Football and Jonathan Woodgate as head coach.

Let that sink in.

I really hope these reports are wrong otherwise Gibson may well have lost the plot.

Imagine giving a DoF job to a man who stunk the place out at Sunderland of all club's and giving him total autonomy over transfers and club dealings, or to someone who's only experience with football being p.r campaigns... Deary me 

What players did Grayson sign for Preston and Leeds? Preston do have some decent players but not sure how many he signed/brought through? Daniel Johnson definately one of them though.

I’m interested to know why so many think we are about to appoint a director of football, we’ve never had one before, is this based in reality, just paper talk or wishful thinking?

Many have also stated that Woodgate’s appointment would be Southgate mark2, maybe Southgate wasn’t such a bad appointment, he’s now doing a great job with England, having been successful with the under 21 team. He was sacked while we were towards the top of the league and replaced by Strachan!

There is an argument for saying that he should have been given more time, imagine if the club had stuck with him and his philosophy. Maybe we need to be a bit more patient in the future, if Woodgate gets the job, we’ll need to give him time, not be on his back from day 1. Let’s face it, The assumption was that Woodgate would take over, nothing has changed, let’s see what he can do. 

1 minute ago, king boro said:

daniel stendel apparently want gayle if he signs for the boro would you guys play both britt and gayle up front 

Might as well get Messi and ronaldo instead. Once again. We can not afford him

we need to get joe bryan and knudsen to replace shotton and friend they are no good anymore as our wingbacks

Keep transfers to the transfer thread mate. This is managers (and possible DOF) it helps keep the conversations together and prevents duplication and thread derailment 

?

• Thanks 1

what if all the managers bieng mentioned on sky bet are all false and our manager is going to be someone unknown 

Are you back at school tomorrow? 

• Haha 3

My gut instinct says all the names being leaked to people are just to keep the rumour mill going. My guess would be that like AK, Gibson knew who he wanted and has been working on getting it done. I think Woodgate will be assistant manager.

i don’t mind Grayson as DoF as before Sunderland he’d done OK.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, edinboro said:

My gut instinct says all the names being leaked to people are just to keep the rumour mill going. My guess would be that like AK, Gibson knew who he wanted and has been working on getting it done. I think Woodgate will be assistant manager.

i don’t mind Grayson as DoF as before Sunderland he’d done OK.  

This would tally with what I have heard

3 minutes ago, "KM" said:
4 minutes ago, king boro said:

bet are all false and our manager is going to be someone unknown 

Are you back at school tomorrow? 

Play nicely KM. I remember not so long ago a excitable guy who got excited by x-factor and transfer rumours (before he got married and was forced to grow up a bit ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1