oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Play nicely KM. I remember not so long ago a excitable guy who got excited by x-factor and transfer rumours (before he got married and was forced to grow up a bit ?

I honestly am staggered if you're legitimately comparing KM and this kingboro.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Allegedly. The idea is to have a DoF in place, Woodgate won't make any transfer decisions.

Again, this is all one big allegation ?

The idea of a DoF would be to assemble all of these things, not Woodgate (or whichever head coach comes in).

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I honestly am staggered if you're legitimately comparing KM and this kingboro.

Did you get my DM? 

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Simon Grayson as Director of Football and Jonathan Woodgate as head coach.

Let that sink in.

I really hope these reports are wrong otherwise Gibson may well have lost the plot.

He's truely lost the plot if that's true 

• Thanks 1

If as we're being told Kenyon has carried out the second interview, maybe SG has decided an impartial person should have a input into the decision making. Trying to take away any perceived bias.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Play nicely KM. I remember not so long ago a excitable guy who got excited by x-factor and transfer rumours (before he got married and was forced to grow up a bit ?

?

• Thanks 1

Grayson is an experienced head, always done alright, apart from Sunderland which was a poisoned chalice from the start.

I'm not a fan of his, but, if you want someone to just get things organised, he's probably a fine choice. If that allows Woodgate to coach the side and not have to deal with things outside of his comfort, it's fine.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Will said:

The idea of a DoF would be to assemble all of these things, not Woodgate (or whichever head coach comes in).

Woodgate would pick his own assistant and coaching staff, surely? I was under the impression that a DoF oversaw transfer stuff?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Woodgate would pick his own assistant and coaching staff, surely? I was under the impression that a DoF oversaw transfer stuff?

Possibly the assistant but I doubt the rest of the coaching staff is left to the head coach

• Thanks 1

Untill we know for sure, probably soon, its not worth getting worked up about rumours. Personally i think Woodgate would be a fantastic manager for Boro. Local lad, ex-player, a lot of knowledge of fan expectation and his heart would be in it. The only doubt i have, is that would he have the knowhow for any transfer dealings, but, if as people say that will be mostly out of his hands for the first season or so, so i will be happy.?

29 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

24 minutes ago, Will said:

Possibly the assistant but I doubt the rest of the coaching staff is left to the head coach

If the club are restructuring I suppose they will give the coach the level of autonomy they will be comfortable with, knowing there is a possibility they will have to rip it up again in a year or 2. It will be interesting to see how that develops.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Care to share what you have heard? 

I promised the person who told me I wouldn’t. It’s not me waiting to say I knew that was going to happen it’s just I said I wouldn’t share. Keep checking on here to see if there’s any mention of it.

• Thanks 1